Day 1

Silent!!

I wake up same time as usual and run a hand through my bed head. That was some crazy dream… Wait that was a dream right? I mean that couldn't have happened, no one in their right mind sees ghosts in glowing mirrors, do they?

"…!!" I open my mouth to shout for Lainey, nothing comes out. I try again, to scream with all my might, my vocal cords do not comply, nothing does. Just the mild panic settling in my chest, is all.

I spent the whole morning ignoring everyone, Lainey didn't seem too bothered. Nor did Mary or any of the other maids for that matter. I certainly hope they don't get too used to this.

Find someone to love me, huh? I can do that, I have girls lined up along the block and even a few guys just hiding in the closet, I'm sure.

I get driven to school with my bandana over my mouth. Today I'll play the sick card, tomorrow I'll figure something out.

"Hey man, why are you so quiet today" to which I muster a weak cough, the guys nod in sympathy but I know they don't care. Caring takes effort which frankly none of us have.

Since I have no classes today, I just follow Himchan around as he tries to pick up any girls who also have no classes today. It's boring and honestly I'd rather be at home.

A couple girls ask me to rap for them, to which I reply with my fake cough. I'm not actually sure how many believed me but Mr Seo and any other teachers that happened to pass by me in the hallway, didn't mind to much that I wasn't talking.

~

"Dude, I can't understand you waving your arms around like a maniac can't you just whisper." I face palm the comment. This was at least the third time today that I needed to tell Himchan something urgent. 'Course people can argue on how urgent telling someone you have to go to the bathroom is. But I figured I should let him know somehow, since walking away would cause Himchan to come looking for me, he seems to be convinced that I am also going deaf.

Eventually I just wander off to the bathroom, if he's really worried he'll text me.

"Not so easy without your voice huh?"

I look around to see where the voice came from, eventually I see Jongup just standing in the middle of the hallway.

«Easy for you to say» I think to myself, I'm wondering if anyone else can see him or just me. Then a couple passes directly through Jongup and my question is answered.

"Yes it is easy for me to say, I'm in the exact place as you, only no one else can see."

«You can hear me?»

"Yes I can, how else would you talk to me?"

«I could write it down»

"That takes effort, plus what if someone were to read said paper, then you have explaining to do if they see anything they don't like."

«True»

"I'll be back to check on you later" with that Jongup is gone, thank god for that. If he can just pop up like that, I wonder how many times he'll startle me in the next nine days.

By the end of the day, I was beat, I barely used any energy... Oh wait, I did, trying to communicate using charades every time I needed something. I consider getting a bell to use with my maids, but then rejected the idea. A bell would get loud and super annoying quickly, I may be mute but I'm not deaf.

That night I went to bed early, I left a sign on my door saying not to bother me. I went to sleep hoping, that everything that happened was a dream and that I'd wake up forgetting everything.