Day 9

Silent!!

Wow, sleeping against a door because my roommate kicked me out. That's a new low, even for me. It occurs to me as I am waking up, that I should probably move so that Daehyun can get out without stepping on me. 

Finally the door opens and I can go and shower and what not. I don't bother to talk to Daehyun or even try to apologize, I know he's pissed at me but maybe he can forgive me if I give him time.  

When I get to the cafeteria I remember that today's the talent show. The talent shows at my school are interesting because you're aloud alcohol at them and they run from ten o'clock at night till two in the morning. Usually there aren't enough acts to go on that long so at some point a band just comes in and plays. I want to go, I'll be angry if Himchan and Youngjae got back into the show, but I at least want to see the other acts, it's one of the most interesting nights the school has. 

The morning is lonely, I wish Daehyun was not giving me the cold shoulder. I need to know that he can forgive me, show me a sign, anything. I need to know if he still feels anything for me.

You know it's weird, nine days ago I would've said to anyone that the hearts badboys don't hurt. That we're free spirits that do what we please for pleasure and fun, that nothing hurts us. That was what I would say nine days ago but now I'm not so sure. I can't say I've changed a lot since my curse began, but if there's one thing I've had to discover for myself and am realizing now, it's if you are not true to yourself, then you're someone else living your life. My maid Mary once told me that if you don't know yourself, like really know yourself then you are just electric meat and body. I think I know myself, but I'm learning new things everyday. Like this new softer side of me, one that really wants to be with Daehyun, even if it means coming out to the school and maybe getting teased.

I look for Daehyun at lunch, but I can't find hi anywhere. I think of going off campus, but then change my mind. I really need to find him though, this is important. 

Soon it is time for the talent show and I have no choice to go without my roommate. I get to the auditorium and get a seat near the back. The first act is an acapella girls group singing a 9 muses song, they're really good and I start to enjoy myself at the talent show.

There are many acts to follow, magicians, many singers, dancers, even a couple poets. Then the dreaded act takes the stage. Youngjae and Himchan take the stage with a couple other dancers.

"This song is dedicated to Daehyun, and to Zelo the gayest little player the world has ever seen" a laugh falls over the crowd, even a few heads turn to look at me. Oh no they didn't.

Oh yes they did, the music starts playing, it sounds familiar and then I realize, that's Warrior. The song we practiced before I got kicked out of the show, the song that I helped write. I couldn't believe my "friends" would do this to me.

really starts to go down when it get's to what used to be my part. Rap monster does my bit and fails at it, actually it was pretty good and he gets mid song cheering but still I did it way better.

I can't take it any more, I get out of the auditorium as fast as I can. 

"Hey, how are you?" Jongup asks standing beside me.

«Never better, what do you want?»

"To hold up my end of the bargain"

«Well since I'm not going back in there any time soon.»

"Okay, so before I ended my life way back when, there was a summer that you were actually nice to me. That dream ended quickly when the following school year you ignored me. But from that moment on, I had the biggest crush on you. I thought you were amazing, you were cute, you had an incredible talent and you were popular."

«But I was horrible to you, why did you like me?»

"That's what I tried to figure out, I tired to convince myself that it was only a faze and that I'd get over it. I couldn't, and your teasing only got worse, at the time I thought you were straight so that only made me feel worse. Then one day I decided to end it, because I knew I could never have you."

«So what's your unfinished business»

"I'm getting there, I watched over you from my last day on. I saw that your attitude and rep  was only getting worse. So I confronted you to challenge you, and see how much you could change without that big mouth of yours. So to get down to it, my unfinished business is to ensure that when I am gone for good, you will be happy."

«But I don't understand, why?»

"Because I still love you"