Day 6

Silent!!

When I wake up the sun is shining through the window. Did I really sleep through the whole night? My rumbling stomach answers that question.

"I still can't believe you two share a bed" I hear Sidney's voice from somewhere else in the dorm. I sit up and see Daehyun watching me.

"You really are a heavy sleeper when you want to be. I tried to wake you up for dinner last night but you didn't budge."

Me: I guess I was really tired

"Yeah, Sid stayed the night and the bed was really crammed." Really? You just had to tell me that, you think I wanna know that I was in the same bed as her for eight hours? 

"Anyways, bathroom's all yours. I'm spending the day with Sid before she has to go back home tomorrow."

I nod and shuffle off to the bathroom to shower. The water's cold, but I do nothing about it, I'm slowly punishing myself for falling for Daehyun. What a waist of my five days, today I probably won't even eat, I have to find a new guy to love me.

I step out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my waist. As soon as the door opens, Sidney pulls me a side, rather roughly too, I almost dropped my towel.

"Listen Zelo, I dunno what relationship you've got going on with Daehyun. But stay away from him, he's mine" I quirk an eyebrow at her and pull away. She follows me as I'm putting on my shirt. Daehyun, shouldn't you be babysitting your girlfriend?

"Don't ignore me, Zelo. I've seen the way you look at him" I continue to change in front of her, I don't care what she sees. With any luck she'll be grossed out and leave me alone. 

"I know you like him, but try anything and I'll be the living hell out of you" Ooh scary, I think as I walk by and flick her in the forehead. She's so not scary, it's almost cute.

I get to the cafeteria before Daehyun and Sidney, thank goodness. Though just thinking about them, turns my stomach, suddenly I'm not so hungry.

I turn to leave and pass by the happy couple. 

"Hey Zelo, where you going? Come join us" Daehyun says catching my arm, no thanks I'll pass. I pull away and go to the library. It's been a while since I came to the library, but occasionally it comforts me to come here. It's quiet, there are tons of non school related books, computers, what more could you ask for. 

I'm not in there too long before I hear commotion outside, I haven't gotten in a fight in a while. Maybe I can join in and get some exercise.

I look around to the direction of the yelling, it's Himchan, Youngjae and Daehyun. They're in two different social leagues that should never cross, this'll get ugly.

I look and see that Sidney is on the ground unconscious, that's not so bad. 

"..Your girl was talking smack to me"  

"I'm sorry, she didn't mean it" 

Then Himchan socks Daehyun in the mouth, he falls to the ground. The guys move in and start kicking Daehyun, I can't watch anymore. I run in and shove both of my friends off my roommate. 

The two then turn on me, throughout wide punches and lame kicks, that's better then the previous situation. After some time, I'm able to knock Youngjae out and tire Himchan out almost completely. 

"Thanks, Zelo" Daehyun says relieved. I stare in his eyes a moment, he looks so helpless right now. His lip is bleeding slightly, I wanna it clean and make the cut disappear. 

Just then Sidney gains consciousness and my grudge returns. She sits up and latches onto Daehyun, my Daehyun. I lose it, it's too much. I run away, not back to the dorm just away. 

Eventually I make it to the front of campus, I have two options, I can keep running out into the open and maybe even home - I don't have my house key anymore. Or I can go back to the dorms. I look around as if looking for an answer. 

I look back and see Daehyun running after me. I take out my phone, I can assume he won't let me leave until he's said whatever it is he needs to say.

"Zelo, you saved me. Why? Weren't those your friends?"

Me: Yeah they were, but they've stopped hanging out with me because I'm not as popular as them anymore. 

"Gosh, I'm, I'm so sorry"

Me: Don't be, it felt good to kick there asses for once

"Heh, yeah that was pretty awesome. Look, it's evident you don't like Sidney and she's honestly been a bit embarrassing for me too but you can at least give her a chance"

Me: Are we done here?

I'm glad he wasn't able to hear how harshly I would've said that.

"Yeah" he says looking down. I walk passed him and go back to the dorm. The rest of the day Daehyun is out with Sidney, as he had said before breakfast. 

Daehyun didn't get home till late, I almost fell asleep before he did. He sits down on the bed looking slightly stressed. 

Me: What's up? Miss your girlfriend already?

"You know, I wish people would stop saying that to me. She's not my girlfriend." 

Me: Then why did she say differently?

"I dunno, 'cause it's what my mom wants. Our parents are friends which is just great because my mom has never approved of any of my boyfriends anyway." Boyfriends, did he say boyfriends? 'Cause I heard boyfriends.

"So my mom is convinced that if I date Sidney, I'll be much happier, shows how little she knows."

Me: My parents are never around to care who I love

"Lucky, anyways I'm sorry Sidney acted the way she did. Our skinships are usually the level of friends; she's not usually that protective unless she's jealous"

Me: She did mention something this morning about staying away from you

"Yeah, that'd be our mom's doing, they've turned her into a paranoid hoarder. Not an acceptable girlfriend, or the friend Sidney I know."

Me: That , but if you don't mind me saying, I'm glad she's gone

"Heh, yeah I know, we were kind of getting close and she kind of in. You're a good friend Zelo" and just like that, friend-zoned, god ing damn it. 

"Let's get something to eat, huh?" I nod and follow, why can't I crack this?