Day 8

Silent!!

Ow, I'll tell you what, ow! God there's a frickin' jack hammer in my head. I'm never drinking again! Oh wait that's a lie I'll probably be drinking when I get my voice back, which should be now.

"..." I open my mouth, nothing comes out, I open my mouth anticipating to shout or scream. "...!!" Nothing.

Are you kidding me? Seriously!? C'mon, all that last night for NOTHING!!?? Don't get me wrong I liked it, I liked it a lot. Just, I was really hoping to be back rapping by the end of this week.

Because rapping makes me happy and aside from knowing my way with the ladies, it's what people know me by. If I can't rap than I might as well give up, let's be honest, it's the one thing I'm committed to, I don't wanna have to get a boring office job, I want a career in rapping. 

I massage my temples, if only rapping could kill the bees in this trap. I turn to Daehyun, who is still sleeping peacefully. I snake a hand under the blanket and onto his chest, his heart beat automatically increases with the presence of my palm. I move closer to Daehyun and kiss his lips softly, he eyes still closed, he kisses me back. Involuntarily, my hand moves under the blanket and to the forming tent in my roommates pjs. My hand cups his bulge as his eyes shoot open. 

"Z-Zelo, s-stop" I don't listen though, his mouth says no, but I know he wants this. My hand goes into Daehyun's pants and this time it is slapped away. Daehyun sits up hastily and pushes me away. From there he get's off the bed, leaving me bewildered and confused.

"Think, think about what you're doing?" I my head, to that and get the note pad. 

'You didn't seem to have a problem with it last night'

"That's because you were drunk, I was drunk. It was a mistake, neither of us were thinking clearly and I blame myself. Look, neither of us were ourselves yesterday, so can we just pretend it never happened?"

'I don't understand'

"I've seen how many girl's you've been with, there's clearly a misunderstanding going on.. So I'm just gonna get some air." Before I can protest Daehyun is already out of the dorm. 

"Nice one, Romeo" Jongup says leaning against the wall. Of all the times he can pop up to speak to me, why'd he pick now?

«Oh now you show up, so you can taunt me»

"I'm just calling attention to the fact that you were totally capable of going after him and yet here you are sitting on your "

«I'm sorry if I'm not doing things your way, but you're welcome to call him back»

"Ha ha very funny, I just wanted to tell you that you're very close. You just need him to tell you he loves you"

«You never said that before»

"Well I thought that would be obvious, others how would you know"

«Why don't you just poke around in his brain and find the thought that says "hey, I love Zelo."»

"I would, if I could. It's not in my job description, I can listen to your thoughts and that's about all I'm allowed to do"

«Of course, 'cause doing that small favor for me would just be too easy»

"Hey, you may not think it but you really have a shot at getting Daehyun to love you. From what I heard, he really likes you but is confused because you guys happened to be drunk when you really expressed yourselves"

«No Sherlock, I figured that one out on my own»

"So make him think otherwise, tell him your gay"

«He said himself that he saw how many girls I've been with, it's going to be hard to change what he's seen. I only went out with those girls so I could stay in the closet, how am I supposed to get out now?»

"Think about and try something"

«But what if he doesn't believe me?»

"Only one way to find out right?"

I spend the rest of the day in bed groaning about my hangover. I don't see Daehyun all day and by night fall I get worried. 

«Where is he? He should be back by now»

"Hey Zelo"

«Not now, Jongup I'm waiting for Daehyun to get back»

"I was just wondering, if you are still curious to know what my unfinished business is"

«Sure, but make it fast»

"Go after Daehyun and I'll tell you tomorrow"

«Fine»

I get out of bed for maybe the first time today, I have absolutely no idea where to look for Daehyun. I check everywhere, from in front of campus, to the bathrooms, basically anywhere that isn't off limits but locked. Finally I look off campus, I'm not sure why but for whatever reason I am drawn to the park. Luckily my instincts were right.

I see Daehyun and Youngjae shouting at each other, seriously Youngjae why can't you leave my roommate alone? I can't believe I used to call you my friend.

I move in quietly, trying to figure out what they are shouting about.

"...You know he's only leading you on so he can get his voice back, right?" Well he's definitely wasted, What is he doing, though? Why is he telling Daehyun that?

"That's crazy, how is using me going to get his voice back?"

"He's cursed or something and getting in your pants is gonna get him his voice back"

"No, he, he wouldn't" Daehyun's voice begins to tremble, don't listen to a word Youngjae says!

"I know Zelo more than you. Trust me, leave while you can, as soon as his voice is back he'll break your heart."

"I knew it, I knew he was a player" 
My key drop from my hands, making a loud clatter in the leaves, giving away my position. Both heads turn to me, !

"I knew it," Daehyun says walking towards me. "I knew that wasn't really, you were using me all along. I never should've trusted you, and now I'm gonna take these." He says grabbing my keys and running. I punch Youngjae in the face and then chase after Daehyun, damn he's fast. My roommate beats me back and locks me out of the room. 

I bang on the door, but he doesn't answer. 

Me: Let me in please, I can explain

Daehyun: Explain my , I don't wanna hear it. And if you keep banging on the door, I will jump out the window.

I'm not sure I can trust that, but I listen, neither of us will be able to sleep with this noise. I lean against the door anx try to get comfortable. There you go, Jongup, I went after him. I hope you're happy.