Day 5

Silent!!

Have you ever gone to sleep and then woken up and just been like, 'damn, I felt like I didn't even sleep'? I have, a lot. When I was little I was an insomniac, I just couldn't sleep, my brain was practically hard wired to be nocturnal. It also didn't help that i grew up engrossed in technology and also had really bad anxiety. Due to this I was homeschooled till highschool when I finally got my sleeping schedule figured out.

I had one of those nights last night, I went to bed early and surely enough got sleep. But I could sleep for hours upon house more. I'm so tired, it's not even funny. 

I get up from the bed, struggling to keep my eyes open. I trudge to the bathroom, since the door is open I go right in. Somehow my sleepiness must've impaired my hearing because I completely missed the sound of the shower.

So there I am standing in the doorway of the bathroom, with Daehyun showering. He's totally in front of me and he hasn't even noticed my presence. Damn, he is toned, I wonder how often he works out. And just look at that length, holy. 

I stood there breathless, feeling knots in my stomach, how has he not seen me yet? I stagger backward and get myself together. Quickly I get dressed and get breakfast, I need air and to clear my head. I cannot believe I was just drooling over my roommate. 

So I've learned that Sundays really is the best day of the week to eat in the cafeteria. I guess all the chefs are off their period for the one day, to be able to make pancakes and waffles served with a smile on their faces. Seriously this is the one day of the week I've seen any of the kitchen staff in a good mood. Maybe it's because there are no classes Sunday for anyway, therefor the students are generally less stressed, creating a generally friendly vibe throughout the whole school. It's nice, takes the edge of the fact that every student here is technically in prison for at least two more years.

Best breakfast yet, I have three helpings, plate full of food. This is the most I've eaten since I started living in residents. I half excepting Jongup to show himself, ruin my good mood with a depressing memory or something. He didn't though, perhaps he'll wait till I get some more bad news or something to come and make me feel worse, that's just as bad.

"Hey Zelo, how long have you been up? I didn't see you leave this morning" Daehyun says sitting across from me. I shrug and on my fork, trying to get off any last syrup, and then just out of pure habit.

We both sit in silence for a while, I watch Daehyun intently. The way his straight blond hair falls just below his eyebrows, the way his cheek bones look more prominent when he smiles. 

Okay, I've been staring at him for quite a while now, how is he not creeped out?

"Daehyun's lookin' pretty fine this morning" 

«Ah Jongup, was wondering when you'd show up»

"Did you miss me?"

«Nope»

"Pity" he says sitting next to me. I know that Daehyun can't see him but I wonder if he can see the chair moving. Probably not, he's too busy blushing, 'cause he's just that y.

"We'll that escalated quickly"

«I was just thinking the same»

"Feeling a little ?"

«No»

"So what's with the tent you got going on in your shorts"

Oh , he's right. Good thing it's mostly hidden by the table. Honestly though, why am I suddenly so , I wasn't when I watched my roommate showering earlier? Or maybe I was aroused and just didn't realize 'cause I was too distracted by his rock hard abs. Damnit! Stop thinking about it! This isn't helping at all, I need a release, now! 

"Zelo, you okay, man?" Daehyun asks looking concerned, oh how nice of you to ask. Now would you mind me off? It would be much appreciated.

I nod and try to hide my fluster, my heart rate has increased greatly as I try to get Daehyun out of my mind.

«Help me, Jongup I need an image to turn me off!»

"Okay, imagine Rob Ford and only covered with cats"

«Who's Rob Ford?»

"I dunno, some from Canada"

«I thought Canadians were nice»

"They are, just not him"

«No good, I can't picture someone I've never heard of»

"Fine stand up, nice and easy, don't draw attention to yourself. Now when I tell you, run back to your dorm. Don't talk to anyone just get back."

«What about Daehyun?»

"I figured out a trick as a ghost where I go inside people's minds, but only briefly. I can get him day dreaming long enough for you to get away."

«Great, thanks»

"Alright go, you have two minutes to get your as far from here as possible" 

I comply and stand up, after putting my tray away, I sprint for dear life to get back to the dorms. I don't know how long it took for me to get back to the dorm but at least Daehyun hadn't caught up to me. I hadn't run into anyone actually, which was a pretty predictable out come since pretty much no one is talking to me these days. 

I did however, see Himchan on the way, some girl's neck. Wait wait, not just some girl Angela, ugh that sure took care of the problem in my pants. Besides I thought Angela was Youngjae's dibs. 

«Thanks, Jongup. I needed that. You can send him after me now»

As if on cue, Daehyun bursts through the door.

"Zelo, what happened you just left"

I was completely by ing on you this morning and also when you were eating, let's just call me pedo bear.

Me: Nothing.. I'm fine

Crap, I should of thought of an excuse while I was running.

"Okay, well actually. I'm going to see a movie this afternoon. Do you wanna go with me and then we can get food after?" I smirk and nod, he's finally  coming around. 

«Jongup, don't quote me, but I think he might be the one»

"That's great, but don't forget, he has to love you back"

«He will, he will.»


"Oh yeah I forgot to mention, a friend of mine will be joining us." Daehyun says on the way to the cinema. Great, so much for our date. Could this day get any worse?

"Sid! There you are" Daehyun says running to a girl outside the doors. Evidently it can get worse.

"Sidney, this is my roommate Zelo. Zelo, this is Sidney my--"

"His girlfriend" she interupts proudly. I make a small circle around her, not bad. I'd say Daehyun's got pretty good taste, if I wasn't completely pissed at the fact that he made me a third wheel on his date.

Sidney's not from around here, I can tell. Her skin is nowhere near pale and where most of us around here would have black hair, her's is brown with a large blue streak in the front. Also the accent isn't easily ignored, must be from Australia.

Her body is nicely portioned, not too big, not too small. She's pretty cute, I could get used to her. Wait, no, she said girlfriend, I can NOT get used to her.

"Zelo, that's a really cool name" I nod and manage a small smile, I want to scowl though, I don't like her at all.

"I just gave you a complement, aren't you gonna thank me?" She giggles nervously.

"Is he always this quiet?"

"Uh yeah"

"Why doesn't he talk, it's kind of rude, don't you think?" I really don't like her.

"Yeah well see.. He can't so take it easy okay? Let's go in shall we?"

I follow behind the two love birds, this isn't the way I wanted to spend my Sunday. I could've read the text book pages I was supposed to read for last class. Or gotten started on the homework that's due tomorrow. I didn't want to spend my day watching Sidney my Daehyun while they feed each other popcorn and I watch in disgust. 

I left halfway through the movie, not caring how it ends. I can't watch them anymore, and I know what you're thinking: don't watch them then, right? Wrong, they're too much of a distraction!

I stand outside the theatre, waiting for the gross love birds to make their appearance with everyone else.

«Jongup, why didn't you tell me?»

"What?"

«That he has a girlfriend, why didn't you tell me?»

"Because I didn't know, I haven't seen that girl--"

«Sidney»

"Sidney, on campus this semester. I saw her last year but I also saw them get in a fight, I could've sworn they'd broken up. I'm sorry, had I known they'd gotten back together I would've warned you"

«It's fine, I guess»

Not it's not, Jongup knows it, I know it. My heart is on the verge of breaking here, I really thought I had a shot with Daehyun. But I guess I don't, do I?

"Don't lie to yourself, it's okay to be disappointed"

«I'm fine, just give me some space?»

"Sure thing"

And then Jongup's gone, I can't help but feel like it's over. I have five days left and I'm back to square one again.

"Hey Zelo, everything good? You left us hanging"

Me: I'm okay, I just needed some air

Daehyun: Alright, as long as you're okay

Me: Yeah.. Uh do you think.. Don't think I'm rude for asking but.. Could you maybe tone it down with Sidney a little? Your PDA is kinda..distracting

Daehyun: Sure thing, thanks for speaking up, well texting up

The three of us walk to a nearby sub shop, after Sidney insisted on a sandwich sort thing. I know I asked the two to tone it down, I think I it's a perfectly reasonable request, but it doesn't look like try toned it down at all. Sidney still insisted on feeding Daehyun, he wears a smile on his face the entire time but I can see he isn't enjoying it at all. The way his back and shoulders are all tense. And oh god, I was feeding him yesterday, was that smile for me fake too?

I push that thought out of my head and finish the rest of my sandwich. 

"Zelo, there's a fair going on down town, we're gonna go. You up for it?"

Me: Actually I think I'm going to go back to the dorms, I'm kind of tired.

I leave the two relieved, I make it back to the dorms around five, dinner isn't served till six. I decide to take a quick nap, I'm out the minute my head hits the pillow.