Day 3

Silent!!

When I wake, the first thing I see is Daehyun, his body cuddled to one side of me. Wait, Daehyun is cuddling me?What's going on? I push him away and back up to the bathroom to fix my hair. I don't have any classes today, but today was supposed to be when the guys and I practice our act for the talent show. I guess we'll be spending that time changing our act.

Daehyun is asleep when i leave, why wouldn't he be? it's frickin' 7:00am. I'm just heading to the cafeteria when I get a text from Youngjae.

Youngjae: Dude get down here now!

Me: Where?

Youngjae: The aud, where do you ing think!?

Well isn't he just a morning glory, I head straight down to the auditorium and he looks impatient. Youngjae, as well as Himchan stand outside one of the doors taping a foot frustratedly.

"There you are, for god sake, look at what you not talking has costed us?" I look confused and decide I will be replying in text message instead of charades.

Me: What's going on?

"This! This is what's going on" Youngjae fumes shoving a talent show flyer in my face. It looks normal, all the acts listed, all I see is our names scratched out.

Me: So someone vandalized the poster, big deal

"Big deal is right, I talk to the student council and they said that once our act was cancelled, it can't be put back in the show. They're holding auditions for a new act to replace us at lunch."

Me: Why don't we just change our act and audition again.

"You think I didn't try that!? Look, the guy in charge of auditions doesn't happen to be your biggest fan and said you were lucky to get in the first time around. Since you walked out on him once, he's not letting you back in."

Me: This doesn't make any sense, I didn't cancel our act!

"Then who did!? You know what.. Whatever.. Just forget it" he huffs, stomping away, I turn to follow. But Himchan stops me.

"Just give him some space, he's just upset." And with that Himchan went after Youngjae instead. What use would I have been? I can't talk.

«This ...»

"It does,"Jongup says leaning against the closed door to the auditorium.

«Who would cancel our act?»

"I thought that part would be obvious"

«You? Why?»

"'Cause it serves you right, don't you think?"

«What are you talking about? I didn't ask for this»

"Not directly no, but think, it'll be almost a year ago now. Since the day you sabotaged my act for the talent show."

«I did, did I? I think I would've remembered something like that»

"You're lying to me, you do remember. Remember I can hear your thoughts, even the ones you aren't directing at me." He was right, I did remember. It was exactly a year today, when it happened. Himchan and I were loitering backstage when we say Jongup and his friends were practicing their dance on stage. I decided it wasn't entertaining enough and turned to leave, on the way from leaving I knocked over someone's glass of water. I didn't know who's it was until so I merely disregarded it and went to the other side of the stage. It wasn't till I got to the audience section that I saw all the dancers slipping on and falling on stage, that I realized I probably should have moped up that water. It hadn't occurred to me, after all there wasn't that much water, maybe the dancers should've watched where they were going.

"I was out of school for two weeks from my concussion, Sungmin and Ren both injured their ankles. And all you did was stand there and laugh."

«It was funny! And to be fair I was mostly laughing at Aron who screamed "MOMMMY" as he slid from stage left all the way to stage right.»

"My point is, you're in the same boat that I was I last year. All I'm saying is maybe, you should've considered the karma-tic consequences of your actions ahead of time."

«Whatever, anything else you wanna shame me for?»

"Not right now, I'll live you to your frustration"

I slump back to my room, I'm glad I don't have any classes, 'cause I'm just not in the mood. I wait till Daehyun has finished making the bed before I fall face first on a pillow.

"Um, I just made that!"

I gesture one of my hands but don't make an effort to communicate.

"What's wrong, the little super star not getting pampered anymore?" You have no idea. Something hits my back and I sit up to see the small note pad. On it I scribbled that my act was canceled, and that I was just disappointed.

"That , guess reality is trying to tell you to spend less time in LaLa land." I scratch down the first snarky remark that comes to mind.

"'I'm a rapper, I live in rack city'? Really, you know that's not a real place right?" I nod and go back to moping into the pillow.

The rest of the evening is uneventful, I still haven't gotten a regular eating schedule so this is now the second day I've gone to bed with a stomach ache. I don't care anymore, I miss my voice.
And I miss having my own bed.