C H A P T E R E I G H T .

the strange her.

wow i am literally trying to make an update - you guys should be thankful that i haven't left this story yet jk


 

C H A P T E R  E I G H T

 

 

"Wanna eat with us during recess?"

And that was all it took for her to be sitting with the boys, stuck between L.Joe and C.A.P in the library. It was strange for the boys to be in such forbidden place but they had always been hiding from everyone else, usually eating their lunch at the rooftop. They would've went there, but Niel was not up for noise despite his ability to stuff his ears with his earphones and blast music. Yes, the group finally decided that they should recess together as one. Everyone was dying to know who she was.

As Changjo and Ricky went to take the group's meal with C.A.P's money, L.Joe decided it was best for them to introduce to her, since she never caught their name, and they were trying to warm up to her - considering that she's going to be their classmates until the end of the year.

"I'm L.Joe."

"Chunji."

"Niel."

"Call me Cap. Short for Captain. The other two are Changjo and Ricky. Ricky’s the hyper one," He broke out a smile, the only one being friendly. The girl could only manage to send him a nod as the rest of them kept their face straight. no words were exchanged after that as they wait for the two youngsters. Chunji was looking - staring at her intently, cautious of her next move. he knew she was dangerous but he couldnt pinpoint on what dangers that she could cause. was it the because of how mysterious she looked or how familiar she was to him? he didn't know and it was killing him inside. because he felt like she was a bad omen - or maybe she was a blessing in disguise. he wouldn't know, he's bad at guessing. shaking his head, he looked away.

“We're back with food!” Ricky yelled from the entrance of the library. the librarian shushed him, but being childish, he stuck his tongue out. L.Joe rolled his eyes and dragged the boy to the table, Changjo already giving changes to the leader. “That's all?” CAP asked as he raised his eyebrows. He knew that Changjo loved to keep money for himself and that made him mentally smirked, considering that he was the second best at pickpocket amongst the members, first being Niel.

“As much as I want to take the extra cash, I didn't. I bought extras for Niel and the girl,” Changjo nudged his head to the table, the members teasing Changjo for being thoughtful. CAP inwardly sighed, pocketting the extra money inside his already-thinning wallet. He had to go out and find more money for the group to last more longer. The landlord was also banging on their door two days ago to pay their bills by the end of the week. 

“You didn't have to buy me food,” the girl stated, eyes looking straight towards Changjo, who caught her stare. He stared back, smirking. “He bought the food for us, let's just eat it unless you want to give it to L.Joe over there who can't stop his stomach from feeling empty,” Niel nudged her from the back, making the girl inhaled sharply.

Her eyes went wide as she stifled a scream. She let out a small cough, hiding the pain from the slight nudge on her back. she knew that her back would be sore after the intense death-like training on the night before. She suggested her boss for a day off from her school, but boss told her otherwise. and whatever boss wanted, should be accomplished.

and so here she was, rapidly blinking the pain away from the slam she received by one of the trainers the boss assigned her with. it was to make herself more numb to pain but all she was getting was a sore back. she blocked all the wooziness inside of her head and let out a slow breath.

“hey, you okay there? you look kinda pale,” L.Joe swung an arm around her and inspected her face. his eyes narrowed down to the busted lip and how her eyelids keep fluttering shut. he knew that whoever that hit her was giving an impact on her, seeing that she was ready to black out any moment.

“no, I just need water.” she sighed, shrugging off L.Joe’s hand from her shoulders. chunji tossed a bottle towards her direction, but Cap caught it, noticing that the girl wasn’t reaching out to catch it. Before he could uncap the bottle, the girl took it away from him, already opening it, and drinking it in sips.

“You look pretty sick,” Ricky’s eyes shows concern, but was stuffing himself more of the kimbap that he bought for himself.

“Let’s eat.” the girl brushed off the matter, picked up one of the wooden chopsticks and slowly feasted on the horrid food the cafeteria provided them. “If you say so,” Niel followed suit, grabbing a chopstick of his own.

 


 

“Hey,” the girl turned her head to the direction of the voice. Detention ended 5 minutes ago and the boys left for more street food down the road. she was sure of it because they were talking about it in class after recess - but apparently, the boy catching up to her proved her wrong. the girl raised her eyebrows, questioning why he was still in school grounds.

“I came back because I thought you might need some of these,” the boy shoved boxes of pain relief patches into her hands. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, confused over his kind gesture over something that she rarely used. Before enrolling into school, her schedule was tight so she never had the time to leave home or the Headquarters to buy anything. Food was always provided at home by the workers, and she had everything she needed in the Headquarters.

“You got a bit of a sore back, hm?” The statement shocked the girl as she tried to recall what gave it away. Was it her terrible acting (which she highly doubted considering she could trick her boss’s best friend) or did she made a slip up? “I have really good observations skills. I noticed that your posture was a bit stiff whenever you were trying to sit down or stand up,” She sighed as she shook her head - disappointed that someone from her class could spot her mistake. She had to be more careful next time around them.

“It’s also a thanks... For the candy,” the girl let out a half smile, humoured by his averting eye contact and his fidgety fingers.

 

“Thanks, Changjo.”

 


 

lol changjo made a move jk

i'll leave it there because i really hate myself i really hope i'll update this more. because i have pretty decent ideas now - considering that i've been away to recollect my thoughts on this story. lol i nearly took it down because of my ty writing lol kms.

i left this uneditted sorry

should i change them all to their real names because writing 'CAP' and 'L.Joe' sounds like someone's shouting their names lol