C H A P T E R F O U R .

the strange her.

 

C H A P T E R F O U R 

 

L.Joe stood up from his seat as he heard his flight being called. He was going to leave his parents at America. He didn't even want to be called by his real name that his parents gave him. He doesn't even want any relations with his family at all. L.Joe glanced at his flight ticket and let out a shaky breath. He glance back to where the exit stands and snickered. "No way am I ever coming back to this hell-hole again." He turned his direction to the gate of his flight. "Well... Here goes nothing." L.Joe tightened his grip on his duffle bag and head towards the gate.

"This is for all the I've been through. This is for all the beatings I get throughout my whole life. This is for me. For my own good." L.Joe gave himself a short pep talk, encouraging himself to walk closer to the gate as he does so. "I need a sign. Just a sign. I really need a si-"

 

"Ooff!"

 

L.Joe bumped into a girl who was rushing to wherever she was headed to. The girl looked at L.Joe's direction and helped him up. L.Joe couldn't get a good look of her since he had blood-rush from standing up too fast. The girl scanned him from the top to bottom and noticed that he held a one-way ticket to Korea. She then gave him a small smile.

 

"You should leave America. The scars you recieved here won't do you any good."

 

Just like that, he got a sign. The girl gave L.Joe a small pat on the shoulder and left, without another word. L.Joe watched as the girl dissappeared into the sea of people and smiled to himself. The girl was right; L.Joe wasn't doing any good in America. The reason he had scars that he recieved from his father and mother was because of him not being a good child - and it sickens him. He was caged here and now there was a ticket for that getaway.

 

A ticket to be free.

 

L.Joe let out a content sigh and stepped towards the gate headed to Korea. A place where he belonged.

 


 

L.Joe's eyes shot up wide open as he woke up from his dream. His eyes darted to where the small window was and it was still dark outside, the only thing that was brighting up the neighbourhood was the small amount of street lamps, the cresent-shaped moon and the billions amount of stars that accompanied the moon. He sighed as he sat up on his bed. He was dreaming about the situation all over again; which started since the night he arrived Korea. He couldn't be more greatful than he ever was to that girl - she was the reason why he was here, at Korea now. She was the reason how he found the spark of exitement in his life. She was the reason why he found his true family -

 

TEEN TOP.

 

L.Joe stood up from his bed and left his room, not forgetting to throw the ice bag that melted. He made his way to the kitchen, took a mug from the cabinet and filled it with his stock of beer that was in the fridge. "Why do I keep dreaming about her?" L.Joe questioned himself but gained no answer. With a sigh, he drank the whole mug in a shot.

"You know that's not good for you at a time like this." A familiar voice was heard by L.Joe. He turned around only to be faced bu Chunji. "Still dreaming about her, eh?" Chunji asked, and recieved a small nod followed by a sigh from L.Joe. Chunji knew that L.Joe couldn't remember how the girl in his dreams looked like and he too wanted to meet L.Joe's savior since he was curious how the girl could even know about L.Joe's position with just one look. L.Joe had told Chunji how his dream went and the story was still stuck in his mind. Chunji sighed as he looked at his best buddy who was staring into thin air, probably thinking about the girl's face and existence.

Chunji grabbed a bottle of water and passed it to L.Joe. Chunji glanced at his friend that was deep in thought once more; he pitied L.Joe's background story, eventhough his was far more worse than L.Joe. L.Joe nearly went for suicide with the cause of his parents being the reason for him to do so.  If it wasn't for the girl, L.Joe would've probably been dead by now.

"You should get some sleep. We have school tomorrow." Chunji pat L.Joe's back before leaving him at the kitchen, giving him some space to clear out his mind. L.Joe bit his lower lip, trying to remember at least a glimpse of what the girl looked like but gained nothing. He wanted to know who she was.

 

He wanted to know who his saviour was.

 

After 5 minutes of digging into his memory, he gave up - he couldn't remember anything. With a groan, he dragged his feet to his room and lied himself on his bed, careful not to make a sound. His eyes started to close and his breath becomes at ease as slumber striked him, who was awaiting for the day ahead of him.