Decisions

Code Blue

Jungryoul walked wearily through the empty hospital halls. It was too early for the visiting hours yet he was able to enter because of the company. After a whole night of meetings, the manager was extremely tired, but he knew there were more important things than sleeping at the moment.

He finally reached the room and sighed. After leaving to boys in the hospital he had disconnected himself from them, so he didn’t know how everything between them had ended. He just wished they had at least behaved.

The man finally brought his hand to the handle and opened the door. There, the sign that greeted him left him pleasantly surprised.

The boys had moved the couch so that it was next to the bed, instead of the stool. The three youngest were sleeping in it hugging each other. Howon and Dongwoo were lying on the floor and Woohyun was resting in the armrest with his head leaning in the bed; his hand clasping Sunggyu's. Jungryoul's heart warmed up and he smile a little bit. But even if he wanted to the let the boys sleep, he knew he had to take them out of the hospital before visiting hours. So with all the pain in his heart he directed himself towards the group. But before he even reached the bed, he heard a movement and realized that Sungyeol had woken up.

"Good morning" he Jungryoul said.

"Good morning hyung" Sungyeol answered before yawning. "Are we leaving now?"

"Yes, we are. That's why I need you to help me wake the others" the man said while moving to the little desk located next to the bed. He took the flowers he was carrying and fixed them in the vase.

Sungyeol yawned once more before shaking Sungjong gently. He figured it was going to be better to wake the others first before attempting to revive Myungsoo.

Just as expected, everyone woke up without much effort, except the said boy. He had stubbornly remained laying on the sofa without giving hints of been alive if not for his breathing.

"Myungsoo-yah, we need to leave," Dongwoo said shaking the boy, but didn't get a response.

"Hyung, wake up," Sungjong said, opening one of L's eyes. He stirred a little, but didn’t wake up.

"What if we leave him here?" Woohyun wondered. He didn't what Sunggyu to wake up alone, not after what he went through.

Jungryoul contemplated the idea before shaking his head. "I'm afraid the company representatives want to see you all," he answered.

"Well, it seems he is not going to wake any time soon though," Howon interjected.

“He must be really tired,” Sungyeol added looking at Myungsoo.

"Carry him," the manager said while looking at his watch. Twenty minutes before visiting hours. He didn't have time for this.

"Okay," Howon answered simply. With Dongwoo's help, they got Myungsoo on his back and Sungyeol covered him with a hoodie to conceal him. Sungjong and Woohyun fixed the room and gathered everyone's stuff.

By the time they left the room, there were only ten minutes before visiting hours and the waiting room had people already. Jungryoul sighed. How was he going to get the group to the van without attracting too much attention? He looked back at the group and instantly regretted not waking Myungsoo in the room. He had to find another exit.

He turned around to face Dongwoo. "Wait here," he ordered. The boy nodded.

Jungryoul found a nurse and, after some persuasion, managed to get her help. She leaded them through some restricted areas until they reached the staff parking lot. He told the group to wait for him until he was back with the van, and without listening to their response, he left.

He reached his van, and as he fumbled for the keys he could have swore he heard a camera. He turned around and searched for the source but there was no one else in the parking lot. He looked back after finding the keys and as he opened the van he heard the noise again. This time he went inside the car, locked the door, and out of prying eyes, sought for the origin of the sound, but again, found nothing out of the ordinary.

He would have liked to investigate further but time was ticking and he had to get the boys out of there. So he started to van and rushed to where the others were waiting. He stopped in front of the door and signaled the group. Jungryoul kept a vigilant eye, surveilling the area while they climbed the van. Again, he heard a camera snap yet nothing unusual. ‘Maybe I’m just been paranoid’, he thought with a sigh. Sungyeol closed the door, much to his manager’s relief, and they finally left.

 

 

This was exactly how he thought the company would react.

As soon as they had reached the company building he had rushed the group towards the CEO’s office. There, all of them were harshly scolded. Sungjong got the hardest end, obviously, and got a pay cut.

For the whole night the company representatives had been trying to stop any articles that could harm INFINITE’s reputation from popping up as well as attempting to bring down the fancams that had already been uploaded in the internet. Furthermore, they were planning what they were going to do after all this mess, and with Sunggyu’s sudden accident, they certainly didn’t have it easy. In the meantime, Youngjun, Hyoan and Jungryoul, their managers, were been reprimanded for their poor work and lack of control.

After the boys were dismissed, Hyoan decided to take them to someplace to eat and to their dorm before their next schedule. Youngjun tried to contact Sunggyu’s family so that they could visit their son but it seemed they were out o the country at the moment, so he opted to just leave a message for them. Jungryoul, on the other hand, decided to fix INFINITE’s schedules. Now that Sunggyu was not available, some shows were going to have to be cancelled. For that, he needed an excuse or an official statement.

So he directed himself towards a representative’s office and knocked at the door softly. There, he waited for permission before entering.

“Good morning,” he said politely while bowing.

“Good morning,” the representative replied. “Take a seat.”

Jungryoul moved towards a chair and took a seat in front of the desk.

“What can I do for you?” the rep asked.

“I would like to know if you have an official statement concerning Kim Sunggyu’s health, sir,” he said.

“Why do you need to know that?” the other inquired.

Jungryoul hesitated a second before responding that he needed an excuse as for why Sunggyu wasn´t going to complete his schedules. He was really confused of why was he asked for a reason.

The representative contemplated for a moment and then started searching for something in the stack of papers he had in the desk. When he finally found what he was looking for he directed his gaze towards Jungryoul and handed him the papers.

The manager took them and scanned the contents. They were Sunggyu’s medical diagnosis and recommendations from the hospital.

“Apparently, Sunggyu-ssi only needs a couple weeks of rest before he can return to his daily activities,” the rep said while Jungryoul read the reports. “Since the attack wasn’t because of a heart disease but because of a strong emotion, Kim Sunggyu’s case can easily be changed to a simple collapse because of tiredness.  INFINITE is in the middle of promotions so something like that has credibility.”

“But if you say he is only tired, how much time is he going to have of actual rest?” Jungryoul asked, worried of the young boy’s health.

“We’ll give him a week,” the rep stated.

“But wha-”

“As for his schedules, we have already taken care of them. We had to distribute some of them among the other members and move the date of others. Cancelling any of them is not an option,” the rep added interrupting the manager’s complain.

Jungryoul sighed. “What is going to happen with Lee Sungjong?” he asked instead knowing that Sunggyu’s case was closed.

“That boy has received a pay cut but will continue promoting as if nothing happened. Things like this occur all the time, and if we make a big deal out of this, we will make the situation worse,” the rep replied.

‘Well, at least Sungjong will be fine.’ he thought.

“Anything else?”

“Nothing sir.”

“Good. Have a good day.”

 

 

After a long day, Jungryoul was able to gather all the boys at the company, since they had divided into groups to fulfill their program. He was planning on taking them to visit Sunggyu, but they all seemed so tired so he wasn’t sure what to do. At that moment Woohyun stood up.

“Hyung,” he called.

“Yes?”

“Are we going to visit Sunggyu-hyung?” he asked. The other boys immediately wondered the same out loud.

Jungryoul smiled. “Yes, so hurry. Bring your stuff.”

 

 

The manager escorted the boys to Sunggyu’s room but decided to remain outside and give the group some time alone.

He went to the cafeteria and bought a cappuccino; the then took a seat and waited. After an hour he decided it was enough time so he got up and disposed of his cup. Just then his phone started ringing.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Sunbae?”

“Ah, Hyoan. What’s the matter?”

“Where are you?”

“At the hospital.”

“Are the boys with you?”

“Yes, they are. Why?”

“…”

“Hyoan?”

“We have a problem.”

 


A/N: Hello! I'm back^^ This chapter was a little bit slow but it's important, I promise >~<

I hope you all like it:D

And to my awesome friend YoruNoTenshi, this is for you!!!