Anger

Code Blue

I was boiling in the inside. I didn’t care if Sunggyu was punished because of my actions, but despite my anger, I was aware that anything I did at the moment would be reflected in the team as a whole, not only him. So I ended up running to the roof.

Once there I searched for something I could use to relieve my stress, anything. I found a rock and I threw it to the wall near the door as strongly as I could. Why is he always acting like that? The rock hit the concrete and fell. It annoyed me how my efforts ended in the floor. I hate him!  I picked up the rock and threw it to the wall again and again for a couple more times until I got tired. I sighed and headed towards the wire fence. There I laid down and closed my eyes.

The night wind started blowing. The cool air felt great for my body; it also helped clearing my mind. I opened my eyes and sat down. I hadn’t really noticed how pretty the city looked the moment I came up here, with all the lights and night life. It looked so relaxing…

After the anger had cooled I had no idea what was I supposed to feel. Angry at Sunggyu-hyung for always acting as he wishes? Hurt because he dismissed me without regarding of my feelings? Ashamed because I didn’t consider the problems the rest would go through because of my actions?

While I was pondering my emotions I heard the sound of the trapdoor opening. I turned my head and saw that Myungsoo-hyung was heading my way. I was glad he was coming. I didn’t want to deal with my thoughts at the moment. Myungsoo took a seat right next to me.

“Are you okay?” he asked looking at me.

Funny, after been thrown like garbage in front of everyone are you really asking me that?

“Yes,” I replied shortly.

“You know you can always talk to me, right?” he asked.

“Yes, I know,” I said without looking at him.

“And?” he asked, again.

“I’m fine,” I muttered.

Myungsoo sighed at my answer and turned around to see the city. After a moment he said, “You know? I understand why you reacted the way you did with Sunggyu-hyung.” Oh, really? “But I also understand why he acts that way,” he finished.

Just what I needed.

I attempted to stand up but Myungsoo grabbed my hand and pulled me down again. I glared at him and said, “If you are only going to defend him then I’m leaving.” I tried to break free from his grasp but he tightened his grip.

“Did you listen to what I said?” he asked frowning.

“Yes, that you are siding with him,” I retorted.

“Then you weren’t listening,” he said disappointed.

I finally pulled my arm free and stood up, but for some reason I didn’t leave as I had planned. Instead, turned towards the city and grabbed the wire fence with both of my hands. I let my forehead rest in them while I enjoyed the fresh air that kept blowing. Myungsoo remained seated. None of us spoke for a moment.

“I’m just tired of his behavior,” I said breaking the silence.

“Then why don’t you speak with him?” he said without looking at me.

I sighed. “He never listens.”

“How do you know?” he asked finally turning towards me. “Have you tried to talk to him before?

“No,” I said regretfully.

“See?” he said while standing up. “He had the right to get angry. You kind of sold him to the media.” He grabbed my shoulder and gave it a squeeze trying to cheer me up a little. “Everyone else was a little mad at you, not only him,” he added.

I tensed up at the words. “Were you?” I asked turning and looking at him in the eyes.

“Kind of,” he answered simply.

“I’m sorry,” I said lowering my gaze embarrassed.

“I know you are,” he said while turning my body to make me face him. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look him in the eyes again. “And I also know you are going to learn something great after all this is over.” He then smiled at me.

There was a faint sound of sirens, they were approaching, but I dismissed the thought carelessly.

I’m scared.

“What if he doesn’t forgive me?” I asked timidly.

“He will. He is not as mean as you think,” Myungsoo answered pleased.

“But-“

Just at that moment Myungsoo-hyung’s cell phone started ringing.

Myungsoo pulled out his phone and saw the ID, “Dongwoo-hyung,” he muttered. He looked at me one more time smiling before answering the call. I was about to smile him back when I saw him frown. The smile slid off his face and got replaced by a shocked expression.

Without any warning he took my hand and pulled me to the trapdoor.

“What’s happening?” I asked confused. We were running at full speed now.

“Something is wrong with Sunggyu-hyung,” he shouted not reducing his pace at all.

Something happened?

The moment we arrived at the door of the dorm we could only see one thing, chaos. Paramedics were everywhere shouting orders at each other. I entered the dorm rapidly searching for one thing: Sunggyu-hyung. But when I found him, I couldn’t believe my eyes.