Argument

Code Blue

The group of young boys entered the dorm right after their manager. They were sure they were in trouble. Of course, after the scene in the variety show they were certain the topic wasn’t going to drop until something more scandalous happened.

The boys lined themselves before their manager and lowered their gazes.

“I hope you understand what you did today,” their manager said annoyed. “I’ll go and see what I can do with this. In the meantime, stay put. Don’t try to do anything more stupid than what you did today.”

“Yes, sir,” the idols answered ashamed.

The manager took his jacket and went to the door. “You better keep them in place Sunggyu,” he stated while staring at the leader.

Flustered, the boy responded “I will, sir,” he said before bowing to him.

The manager left the dorm without acknowledging the gesture.

Right after the door closed, Sunggyu spun in his heel and glared at . “What the hell was that?” he demanded.

The others just shared knowing looks before their eyes laid on the youngest member; the maknae only staring wide-eyed at the leader.

“Sungjong, what were you thinking at the interview?” Sunggyu asked.

The maknae avoided the leader’s piercing gaze. “Nothing,” he muttered.

Sunggyu was fuming but kept his voice controlled. “Nothing?” he responded. “And do you expect me to believe that?”

Sungjong turned his head toward his leader and glared, furious at him. He was shaking because of his anger. “I don’t care If you believe me or not,” he replied.

The rest of the member stared at the youngest, unable to believe that he had the nerve to answer the way he did. The tension in the room was escalating to the point where it could be sliced with a knife.

Sunggyu’s shocked demeanor lasted for a couple of seconds before he recovered his composure. He had to calm himself. “Listen to me, you can’t just go and do as you please,” he said.

“Oh, me? And what about you then, huh? Are you the only one that can act on its own accord?” he said with obvious sarcasm in his voice.

“You know very well what I do during broadcast,” Sunggyu responded, still trying to control his temper.

Sungjong wasn’t impressed. “Yes, trying to bring attention to yourself while bashing the rest of us,” he retorted.

“Everything I do is for the team,” Sunggyu answered, his voice getting a little higher.

“Of course, now everything is about us, not you,” Sungjong replied in a mocking tone.

Sunggyu didn’t respond immediately. Instead, he closed his eyes and attempted to control his breathing, which had accelerated.

The rest of the members saw this and tried to control the maknae who was seething at the oldest. But the youngest ignored them and shouted. “See? He is not contradicting me. It is true what I said!”

“Sungjong, control yourself,” Dongwoo warned.

“Or what? Are you going to tell the leader?” he mocked.

Sunggyu, who was trying his best to control himself, got annoyed by this comment. “Hey! You have no right to speak about me like that. I’m your leader and your hyung, so show me some respect!”

“I only respect those who deserve it.”

“MAKNAE!” Hoya shouted.

“Don’t meddle,” Sungjong barked.

“You little-“

“QUIET!” Sunggyu yelled, finally loosing it. “You are in no position to speak to us like that, gentleman. You should know that by now.”

“Hyung,” Myungsoo pleaded. “Can’t we just-“

“I SAID QUIET!” the leader shouted glaring at s. The others only stood in their places petrified and frightened by their hyung’s tone.

Sungjong stood his ground. “You think you are funny, making all of us look like idiots compared to you,” he accused. “And when we bother you during a broadcast you make yourself the victim and charge against us backstage. Do you think this is a game?” he asked seething.

“Sungjong-ah, please, stop this,” Sungyeol entreated, wanting to stop this argument before it turned into something more serious.

“NO! I’m done been his servant!” the boy yelled while pointing at the oldest. “I’m done been his dummy. I’m so tired of him thinking he can do whatever he pleases because he is the leader and the oldest!”

Sunggyu only observed the boy rant until he finished. “Are you done?” he inquired, his voice wavering. Sungjong said nothing. “If you are done, then leave,” he said finally, his tone dripping contempt in every syllable.

Sungjong faltered, unable to believe his ears. “What?” he asked baffled.

“I said, leave.” His voice was low but menacing.

There was a shocked silence among those in the room. The only thing that could be heard was the buzzing of the heater and the ragged breathings of the leader.

Sungjong stared at Sunggyu for a full minute before smirking. He then started to laugh at the absurdity of the situation. “Look,” he said, unable to hide the hurt in his voice, “always doing whatever you want.”

The youngest glared at the oldest hyung once more before silently heading for the door. Without looking back he exited the dorm and slammed the door.

No one dared to speak, not with the leader fuming like that.

Myungsoo finally mustered a little of courage and whispered “I’ll go after him.” He then left the dorm rapidly searching for their youngest dongsaeng, hoping he wasn’t doing something stupid.