Can I get a witness?

Guard My Heart

(Leo)

This is bad. This is bad. This is really bad.

I saw N get kidnapped and I couldn’t do anything.

---------

It started out like any normal Friday. On Fridays I don’t have to work at the day care, so I decided to sleep late and get groceries that afternoon. As I was walking down the empty street back to my apartment, I saw N. Naturally my heart started to flutter, for I had become very fond of the moody man; though I couldn’t say it out loud.

I was going to greet him, but suddenly his head whipped around, and his eyes were full of panic. He ran towards me, and pushed me into the thick bushes beside me. I’m not gonna lie, it hurt like hell. Even with the thick coat to shield me from the bitter cold, it did little to help with N’s extra weight.

“Stay here and don’t move.” He huffed as he tried to catch his breath.

“But-“

Please” He cried desperately. Reluctantly I nodded.

He kissed my cheek and left me there. I was too stunned to move, but I snapped out of it when I heard tires squeal to a stop not far from me. As carefully as I could, I sat up and tried to discreetly look through the suffocating leaves.

A tall blonde woman steps out of a sleek black car, and confidently strides towards a tense looking N. She looked as if she were ready for summer instead of mid-winter.

“Well, well, well. So we meet again “N”,’ She giggled as she looked down on him.

“What do you want?” N said through gritted teeth.

She laughed as if he had said the most hilarious joke in the world.

“Oh Honey, you know exactly what I want.” She practically purrs as she brings her bright red lips closer to his ear.

I had to strain to hear what she whispered, but I heard her none the less.

“Be a good boy and tell me where she is, such a waste for a pretty boy like you to be watching over a pathetic child. I however would put you to good use~” She said seductively as she the shell of his ear. Anger boiled within me, but N stayed composed; not even flinching to the ministrations.

“Not talking huh? Too bad.” She pouted.  Suddenly, N’s body starts convulsing, and his head in thrown bad with a clear look of pain. Our eyes meet for a split second, before he collapsed in her arms. She giggled and picked him up as if he weighed nothing. I wanted to move, I wanted to go a save him from her grasp, but I couldn’t. My body stayed frozen, too shocked for my brain to fully realize what was happening. By the time I snapped out of my trance, she was speeding off down the road.

For the rest of the day I tried looking for Jenny’s other brothers, but there were screams and the sound of a gun shot in the distance, and I was swept away in the crowd. And when I went to Jenny’s school, all the students had been released for the winter holiday.

----------

So here I am sitting in the lobby of the police station, trying to get someone to talk to. But I have been sitting here all night, and it was apparent that no one would talk to me. So finally I stand up and leave. My body is tired from stress and lack of food.

“Jung Taekwoon?” A deep voice made itself known behind me.

Sluggishly I turn around and see a very scary blonde male.

“Yes?” I reply softly, too tired to be intimidated by the man cladded in leather.

“So I understand you witnessed a kidnapping?”  Though it was a question, it had a rhetorical undertone.

I simply nodded, not noticing how he drew closer.

“Don’t hurt him Yongguk.” A familiar voice commanded from behind. Every part of him was covered, except for were his beanie and mask ended, which left his eyes and nose exposed.

The blonde gave him a confused look. “Why would I hurt him?? I can barely hear him!!! Plus he looks like he might fall asleep while standing!” He replied, his deep voice taking on an annoyed and whiney pitch. I raise my brow, slightly wondering if this man was secretly a five year old. The eyes of the fully covered boy became smiling crescents, exposing that he was in fact Jimin.  

I was happy that I finally found someone who would listen, but suddenly my legs started to feel wobbly; and my eyes grew heavier.

Arms wrapped around me, and I didn’t hesitate to put all my weight on them.

“Go to sleep Leo, we’ll wake you up later.” Jimin reassures. I say a quiet thanks before I let sleep over take me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for late update and short chapter!!!!!!!! Sorry you guys, my brain has just been dead and this summer looks like it's gonna be really stressful :(