KookieMonster Brothers

Guard My Heart

(Jimin)

The air was thick when Jongup came back, but he stayed long enough to give me a glace that told me ‘he would take to me later,’ and walked upstairs. Jenny looked at me with worry evident in her eyes, but she said nothing.

“Hey it’s okay,” I say as I gently hug her, rocking her softly back and forth. “So long as we are alive and breathing we will never let anyone hurt you.” I pull away while cupping her face in my hands, and squished her cheeks and face.  She started to laugh as I made silly expressions with her face.

“I know!!” She laughed as she smacked my hands away from her face.

“Go get dressed,” I say as I ruffle her hair. “It’s been awhile since we went out on a Saturday. I’ll even take you to the park, how does that sound?”  Her eyes grew bright and a smile stretched across her face. I smiled as she bolted upstairs, with me trailing slowly behind her.

======================================

“So, what’s up, Gup?” I ask as I lean against the door frame to Jongup’s room.

“He’s been sitting in a beat-up car at the end of the street for at least half an hour now.” He grunts as he shuts the curtain and walks away from his small window.

“I’ll go out the back door then.” I comment as I glace down the hall, making sure Jen wasn’t in ear shot.

“Where are you going?” He asked as he sat in his computer chair.

“I’m taking Jenny to the park, with N gone and obviously you will be doing some research on the ‘detective’, I figure some fresh air would be good for her.”  I explain. He looked hesitant at first, but he nodded after rethinking.

“Just be back before five,” he instructs. “And call if you see anything or anyone suspicious.

___________________________________________________________________

(Namjoon)

“So why are we going again?” I sigh as my brother drags me across the street.

“Because I told Zelo and Jeta that I would hang out with them today, but this is like the only day you’re free, so I’m taking you with me!!!” Jungkook replied matter-of-factly.

I groaned as he continued to drag me to the skate park. Ever since I moved out and graduated from college, I figured I wouldn’t have to deal with my brother dragging me everywhere with his childhood friends. Oh was I wrong. Every time I come over for a visit, he tries to coax me into doing something with him that really is just an excuse to get away from mom and dad. For some reason I agreed today and I was already regretting it. At least it was October, not skin burning hot and not bone chilling cold.

“Yah Kookie!” Someone calls in the distance. I look around and see two familiar tall and lanky teenagers; one flailing his arms and the other was….making a flower crown?

“Hey Zelo! Jeta, why are you bringing work with you?” Jungkook asked as we arrived in front of the boys.

“You were taking so long, so I figured it was a sign to actually try and work on a flower crown.” He said as he grabbed another artificial flower from the bag that hung on his arm. Jeta’s family owned a flower shop, so it wasn’t really a surprise if we saw him with flowers or if he smelled like them.

“Sorry, it took a while for Namjoon to agree to come with me.” He said looking at me with a playful glare.

“That’s okay! You’re here now so let’s go!” Zelo expressed as he jumped up and down like an energized bunny.  I was crying on the inside.

++++++

I fell behind as the three became engrossed in their own conversation, and finally took some time to look at what was around me. It was a nice day, sunny with a slight autumn breeze, so naturally there were a lot of families and couples here, but it wasn’t uncomfortably crowded. Before I got too interested in my surroundings, the loud sound of crunching leaves caught my attention. The next thing I knew I saw Jungkook and Zelo half way across small resting area.

“Where are they going?” I asked Jeta, noticing he was beside me.

“I think they saw their classmate or something?” he said, unsure of what to do.

“Well we won’t find out just standing here.” I say patting his back as I start trekking across the small grass field.

As we got closer I saw the two talking animatedly to a full figured girl and baby faced boy.

Jungkook introduced us when they finally noticed we arrived.

“This is my brother Namjoon, he is a music teacher, and this is my friend Jeta who graduated high school last year.” He said pointing at us; I nodded as Jeta just bluntly stared. I poked his ribs and he snapped out of it.

“This is my upperclassmen Jenny, and her older brother Jimin.” 

“Hello.” The girl, Jenny, said politely.

“Nice to meet you.” Baby- I mean Jimin replied looking slightly uneasy at all the close bodies.

For a while they talked, but Jimin looked as if he was guarded most of the time. Every couple of minutes he looked around, or he grew stiff if one of the boys started to get too close to his sister. I tried listen to whatever they were talking about, but my eyes kept going to his lips. Don’t ask me why, but my heart started to beat faster when I saw him smile for the first time since we had been there. He had a nice smile that lite his whole face, and since then I kept looking at him, to see if he would smile once again.

“Namjoon!” Jungkook practically yelled in my ear, making me jump.

“What?”

“I’ve called your name like five times already! Are you ok?”

Before I could answer someone’s phone went off.  Jimin reached into his pocket and answered his phone. He excused himself and walked a couple feet away, close enough to see all of us but far enough where we couldn’t hear him.

“ I don’t think your brother likes us” Zelo pouted.

She laughed lightly and shook her head. “He just isn’t used to socializing a lot. He doesn’t really talk to anyone outside the family.” She said with a sad smile.

I wanted to say something but Jimin ran over before I could voice it.

“Come on Jenny, N is going to be home soon and we need to make dinner.” Dinner? It was like, what, 2? Looking at my watch I see its 4:30. How did we spend that long walking around and talking?

I couldn’t help the odd feeling I had when they walked away, but I dismissed it when all three of the boys started to whine that they were hungry. Once again I sigh for the hundredth time today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys! It is kind of boring here too but it will get more interesting later on! Thank you guys for subscribing and commenting! Hope you stay tuned!!!