Something isn't right here

Guard My Heart

(Fast forward two months)

Tick tock Tick tock Tick tock

The minutes ticked by, but it felt like hours before we would be free for winter break. Looking at the clock again I sigh, knowing that the thirty minutes couldn’t pass fast enough.  Ignoring the fidgeting classmates around me, I grab my pencil and add even more meaningless doodles to my notebook. Watching the repetitive swirling of my pencil, I begin to think of my brothers; and the guys that have potentially caught their attention.

 Much to Yeonie’s dismay, Leo actually works part time at the Daycare I volunteer at from time to time. The first time Hakyeon and I saw him, he had calmed down a screaming child with soft words and the promise of a cookie. Needless to say both of us were shocked, but when I voiced it Hakyeon seemed to deny it; like it was nothing special.  I simply sighed, knowing it was useless to argue with my eldest brother.  However it shocked me one day when my brother actually offered to give Leo a ride when he came to pick me up as Leo was getting ready to go to the café. The pure shock and shy blush on his face was absolutely adorable. After that it became a habit for Yeonie to go and pick him up every afternoon now.  But I won’t mention it to my brother, for he thinks I don’t know. Silly Yeonie~

With Namjoon, I chuckled. Namjoon was actually the one who tutored Leo with his singing. Small world isn’t it? Jimin and I saw them as they picked up Jungkook, and offered to let hear what they were working on. Leo and Jungkook harmonized nicely together, but it made me jump when Namjoons’ deep voice was added. Jimin, being the rude turd he is, laughed thinking it was a joke. However, he shut up rather quickly when the brothers started to rap while Leo continued softly in the background.  To say that the boys were a little smug at my brothers’ lack of words was an understatement. Though, Jimin looked just as smug when he got shocked expressions when he started to sing with them in the next song. Ugh, such showoffs. But it’s nice to see Jimin talk to other people, and I see how Namjoon studies him every now and then. Yes you can like my brother, but please, stop undressing him with your eyes; there are minors present.

Now Mr.Bang………is a little bit more difficult. I see him every now and again if we go into town, with the same intimidating look on his face. However…..I can’t forget the look he gave Jongup when he first visited our house. Though it was from a distance, I saw his eyes go wide with shock and realization when he saw the full face of my brother before Jimin covered my vision.  Jongup kept a closer eye on me after his visit, occasionally I’ve seen Jongup tense up and look out the nearest window, before he closes the curtains and continues whatever he was doing like nothing happened. It kills me how unobservant by brothers think I am……

“Yah! Jenny!!!!” Someone screams near my ear. I jump and squeal in shock as I nearly fall out of my chair.

“WHAT????!!!!!!” I answer frantically looking up at the culprit, only to see a slightly aggravated Zelo and Jungkook.

“Class released like ten minutes ago! The teacher tried calling you but you just sat there and drew!” Jungkook huffed.  I quickly grabbed my stuff as my face started to heat up from embarrassment. Okay I’m a little unobservant, but come on; I was deep in thought.

 As we headed out of the school, the two boys talked excitedly about what they wanted to do during the break; and I laughed how they tried to include me in most of it.   I just shook my head and decided to talk them out of it later, they looked to excited to listen to my objections anyway.

I waved goodbye to Zelo as he walked off with his friend Tao, who was standing there awkwardly by the school gate. I wanted to tease Zelo when I saw them interlocking their fingers, but I thought better of it; I’ll text him later and . Patiently I leaned against the wall with Jungkook as we waited for our respective guardians.  I was slightly worried because no one was here to pick me up, but I didn’t have much time to think on it when I saw Namjoon, Leo and….

“Jeta!!! You came back from the dead!!!!” Jungkook laughed as he tackled his friend. “I thought I lost you for good! You had me and Jenny so worried!!!! ; but mostly Jenny.”  He exaggerated as he squished the slightly taller ones cheeks. Eh?! Why is my name in this?

“Kookie what are you talking about?” Jeta sighed has he pried the youngers hands away from his face.

“Just go along with it.” Jungkook explained as he once again tried to squish his face.

Namjoon rolled his eyes as Leo watched with an amused tint in his eyes, though his face was blank.

“Hey! Come one you two!” Namjoon snapped when it became apparent that Jungkook wouldn’t stop. He sighed begrudgingly as he grabbed both of their collars and dragged them away.

Leo said a soft farewell as he followed them.

Chuckling slightly I watch them go until I could no longer see them. Reaching for my phone I call Jongup. Usually he answers with in the first two to three rings, but he didn’t answer at all.

“Weird…” I comment to myself as I hang up and try calling Jimin. He didn’t answer either. Slightly panicking, I call N. My heart dropped when he didn’t answer either. N always answers the phone. Always.

“Look what we got here boys!” A deep raspy voice points out. My head snaps in the direction of the voice, and I feel my heart speed in fear. Three tall guys just smirked at my obvious discomfort.

“What’s wrong baby? Your guard dogs aren’t here to protect you?” One guy chuckled darkly as he stepped closer to me. Who the hell was this guy? What is he talking about?  I started backing up, when I ran into someone. Quickly turning around, I see another man wearing the same dirty smirk. “We’re you goin’ honey? You don’t wanna play with us?” He said with false sympathy.  Acting on pure instinct, my fist flies up, fitting his chin and throwing his head back. Without a second thought I started to run, hearing the guys’ scream and his companions cursing behind me.  I had to do something, fast. None of my brothers are here and I can’t out run these guys for long. Unfortunately I’m not athletic, and if there was only one, maybe two guys I could knock them out with no problem ; but four? Not a chance.

My legs started to throb because of the concrete, and my lungs began to protest from the acceleration of my body.

“HEY!!!!” Someone called in a black car beside me.

Looking over I see a guy leaning over his passenger seat with a frantic look on his face.

“GET IN!!!!!!” He yelled, quickly opening up the passenger door. Had it been any other time, I would have probably declined and called him a creep. However with four very violent looking guys running after me I really don’t have a choice do I?

With my last burst of strength I run to his car, jump in the door and slam it. As soon as the door slammed shut he pushed down on the accelerator that sent us flying forward. It didn’t take long for the guys to become nothing but specs as we drove away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there peeps!!!! How are you guys doing?!

I know I keep fast forwarding on you guys and then leave you with a cliffhanger. But believe me, I would get no where if I tried to write down everything specifically.

Please comment you guyssssss!!!!!! I want to know what you think!!!! Do you like it? Do you NOT like it? I want to know!!!! And thanks to all of my subs out there!!! Y'all keep me writing ;w;