Once upon a time....

Guard My Heart

(I kinda sorta forgot it was supposed to be winter…..)

The cold air hit my face as we walked out of the hospital, causing my whole body to shiver. Bringing my jacket closer, I wish I had listened to Hakyeon about wearing a heavier coat. I sighed. I always knew I was blessed in a sense; to have three caring brothers that are always there for me. But now that two of my brothers are hurt and one is missing…..I can’t help but feel that I’ve taken them for granted.

Looking up I see Hansol opening P-goon’s car door and motioned for me to get in. I get in quickly; not wanting to be in the cold any longer. The engine roars to life when P-goon gets in and makes sure both of us are secure. It is hard trying not to think of all that just happened and usually looking at the passing lights distract me, but it was of no use. I start to look around and my eyes fall on the two’s interlocked hands. I smile fondly and look away, to not disturb their moment and to stop myself from wishing I had a relationship like that. I sigh; it was going to be a long night.

(Jongup)

“Well…..we had to tell her someday…right?” Jimin asks uneasily as he watched them leave from the window.

“Yeah, but under different circumstances would have been preferable.” I sigh in both frustration and exhaustion. He simply hums in response as he absentmindedly picks at the bandages on his hands.

“So was the guy you beat up from the same gang as the one who shot me?” I ask, bringing him out of his daze. He nods. “And the same one who apparently tried to take Jenny at school today.” He said with anger underlining his tone. “I knew I should have just waited for her-“

“Stop” I say with more force than intended, but it shut him up. “We are all to blame, besides that we both know it wasn’t by chance that these sleazebags were able to track us. They had inside info.” I growl. Before Jimin could comment there was a soft knock at the door.

I take a deep breath and calmly tell whoever it is to come in. It was Yongguk, and someone I assumed worked with him since he had a similar attire of dear-lord-look-at-dem-thighs-and-arms leather. It’s sad how even in this state I notice these things.

“Sorry for the interruption, but my partner and I have to discuss a few things with you.” He informed as his partner closed the door.

(Hansol)

When I went to wake up Jenny in the morning, I could tell she didn’t have a wink of sleep last night. Course with the report from P-goon when he checked up on her throughout the night; it didn’t surprise me. He said she tossed and turned most of the time and frustrated sighs escaped every now and again.  

“Hey sleepy head” I say softly as I move her hair out of her face. Her eyes open with a bright contrast of red surrounding her blue iris.

“Come on and let’s go eat breakfast. Your brothers will be here in an hour or so.”

After everyone ate breakfast and I handed Jenny some of my looser clothing, we sat patiently in the living room.

Though P-goon and I heard the car, Jenny jumped whenever there was a knock on the door. I wanted to comfort her, but I knew that it wouldn’t do any good; I was just a stranger to her after all.

P-goon stood up and stood aside as Jongup, Jimin; (who looked better but still not 100%) and two men in leather walked in. One I recognized as the detective from last night but the other I’d never seen before. P-goon looked as alarmed as I felt, but I’m sure it was less obvious on him.

I looked at Jenny and was shocked, I was sure she would be completely delighted that they were here, but she wore a very serious expression that made me think of the Boss. Dang genetics are scary.

Considering there was only a couch and two chairs in the living room, P-goon and I sat on either side of Jenny (I don’t even know how we got there honestly) while Jongup and Jimin sat in the chairs across from us as the detectives stood by Jongup.

After a while Jongup started to talk, and explain everything from the beginning; starting with N.

“Almost twenties years ago, there was a man who fell in love with a very powerful man’s daughter. After he confessed to her; he found that she returned his feeling tenfold. Nothing bad happened at first, her father approved their relationship and later they got married; not long after they had a child.” Jongup smiled softly and looked at Jenny, but then quickly continued. “However, the suitors who tried to woo her beforehand became jealous and tried to harm her and the baby. The man’s sister and brother-in-law did everything in their power to protect her; however she died during child birth.” There was sorrow laced in his voice, but he continued none the less. “…..and many assumed the baby died with her. The man’s sister had a six year old boy…..his name was Hakyeon. They had trained him at a young age to defend and kill if necessary, so they had him be the baby’s full time protector. Because the father of the child didn’t want the responsibility to be on one person, he selected a special group of trained kids to look after her; for no one would suspect a bunch of kids to be highly trained assassins. He sent two boys to live with Hakyeon and the girl while the rest stayed out of sight.  Granted the girl stayed with the Hakyeon’s parents when she was young, but after he turned sixteen he had to move out and take the girl and the two boys with him. And they were all happy…..until yesterday.” It was then that he stopped and looked up.

When I looked beside me I watched as Jenny processed the information that was just given to her.  She looked confused, sad, and angry all with in the span of a couple of minutes.

“So…..you’re telling me that all the stuff that is happening is all my fault?” She said quietly as she looked up.

“No, this was all just a game of hurt pride and power that you were unfortunately put in the middle of.” The blonde-Yongguk I believe- responded gently.

P-good rubbed her shoulder lightly, though she tensed, she quickly relaxed.

“So why are you guys here?” I ask as I give the detectives a questioning glare.

“Mr.Kim and I are here because the same people who not only attack Jimin and I, kidnapped N. No doubt they will endanger the lives of the other citizens of the town if we don’t stop them.”

“With that being said,” Mr. Kim added, “we will help you all retrieve Hakyeon and make sure we bring these sleazebags to justice.”

===============================================================================

Omg I felt like I totally ruined this chapter T^T

Have faith in me you guys!!!!!! The next chapter will be better!!!!!!!