This is your mission, whether you choose to accept it or not.

Guard My Heart

.

"Hakyeon" Mother calls as she walks towards me with a bundle in her arms, Father not too far behind.

"Yes Mother?" I replied, wondering why the bundle was moving and squeaking like a mouse. Being that I was a short six year old, she had to get on her knees to look me in the eye when she was close enough. She was more tired than usual, she had dark cirles under her eyes and her hair was missing it's usual shine. But she smiled brightly at me as she encouraged me to hold the squirming bundle.

Not knowing what else to do I took it and it stopped moving. Carefully Mother moved the top blanket to expose a tiny face with bright blue eyes. I gasped, it looked just like Auntie.

"This is baby Jenny." Father explained gently, as he got on his knees beside Mother. Jenny? That sounded like a name Auntie would choose. "From now on you are going to protect her."

Baby Jenny giggled as she played with my fingers, and I could feel my cheeks heat up as my chest felt like it was being filled with something warm.  Without any questions I kissed her forhead, and made a secret promise to always protect her.

---------

(17 years later)

"YAH JIMIN GIVE ME BACK MY IPOD!!!!!!" Crash. Boom. Thump. Unmanly screams follow.

I sigh as I finish up breakfast, with Jongup setting the table. It's too early for this, it's Jenny's first day of her senior year and I'll be damned if she is late to it.

"IF YOU AREN'T DOWN HERE IN TEN SECONDS NEITHER OF YOU ARE GETTING BREAKFAST IS THAT UNDERSTOOD???" I scream leaving no room for arguing. By the time I sit at the head of the table there are too heavy breathing teens on the other side of Jongup and I. I chuckled as I looked at them. Jimin looked frazzled with his eyes buldging out, hair a mess and sporting a new bump on his forehead, probably from the noise I heard earlier. And poor Jenny, her cheeks were flushed, mouse brown hair thrown everywhere from running and her blue-grey eyes looking like they were going to cry any minute.

"Now, if you two are done, eat." I said cooly, obsevering them once again. 

After everyone was done eating, we got ready to leave.

"Don't forget your backpack!" Jongup reminded as he fixed her hair.

"Here's your jacket!" Jimin shouted as he threw it in Jenny's direction.

"And remember don't-"

"Hey!!!" Jenny snapped. All three of us stopped what we were doing to look at her. She puffed out her cheeks and put her hands on her hips. 

"I love you guys but come on! I'm not four anymore! I think I know what to do!!!" She huffed as she walked towards the door.

"Wait!!! You forgot something!" Jongup gasped while flailing his arms. She turned around and raised her brow. Jongup just stood there and pointed to his cheek. She giggled as she ran back to us and kissed both Jimin and Jongup on the cheek but for she ran back out the door.

I smiled warmly as I walked her to the car, opening up the passenger side of our bullet-proof car and securing her before getting in myself. She waved at them as we left the house on our way to her new school. 

After a comfortable ten minute ride we arrived at a pearly-gated school with a three story building and a huge clock tower in the middle. I coulnd't help but let a sigh slip as she gather her stuff.

"What's wrong Yeonie?" Her voice laced with worry. I smiled gently at the nickname she had given me long ago.

"My baby grew up." I replied simply, watching students talk animatedly as they walked by.

"You sound like an old man!" She giggled, her eyes sparkling.

"Yah! Just get out!" I tease as I get out myself. Meeting her on the other side I walk her to the enterance. Putting a blank face I stay by her side until we get to the principals office. After getting her schedule and P.E uniform I walked with her to the gym where all the other students were waiting for the opening ceremony. I could tell she was nervous, but that skip in her step told me she was also really excieted. I felt a pang of guilt, knowing that we kept her away from people, but it was for her safety. 

"Have a good day at school sweetie." I say solftly as I kiss her forehead. She beams as she kisses my cheek and runs into the gym.

Lets hope this year goes right.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

hey you guys :D