The Big Day

I Am Only A Girl

A great crowd crowded inside the large concert venue that evening. All of the fans were totally excited to see A.N. Jell in concert. The front acts presented well, and He Yi and Geun Suk hosted well.

The hour had come.

The band showed themselves on stage, much to the delight of their fans, mostly girl fans.

"Shin Woo-oppa, saranghae!!!!" some girls shouted.

"You are cool, Jeremy-oppa!" others hollered.

"Hot, hot Mi Nam!!!!" went other fans, much to cocky Mi Nam's delight.

"Hwang. Tae. Kyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung!!!!!" many others cried out.

The band played three new songs straight, much to the excitement of their fans. Later on, He Yi and Geun Suk had a duet, and later, He Yi sang solo to Selena's "Dreaming of You."

Backstage, Tae Kyung listened to He Yi's song. So that was what she had been feeling all along? He listened more, and thought of the times when He Yi had been there for him, though the times were just as ordinary as day.

Wonder if you even see me
And I wonder if you know I'm there
If you looked in my eyes
Would you see what's inside?
Would you even care?

Yes, did he ever consider that she had been there all along? Did he not feel that He Yi was doing all she can, just so she can be with him? Remembering the asymptotes in the text message, he realized that He Yi had been wanting to get close to him, but knew that it was too impossible.

I just wanna hold you close
But so far, all I have are dreams of you
So, I wait for the day and the courage to say
How much I love you(Yes, I do)

 

Yes, she did have the courage. She told him two nights ago, but he still rejected her. He learned to care for her as a friend, but he did not love her the way he loves Mi Nyu. He just cannot explain to He Yi, now that they are already friends. As he looked hard at her, he noticed the necklace on her neck. It was the necklace he gave to her the night she confessed to her. Even if she chose it, he bought it. Seeing the necklace made his heart cry. He Yi cherished their friendship much that she still believes that she is still in love with him.


I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room,
Dreaming about you and me

Tae Kyung shed some tears when he heard those lines. Indeed, He Yi was still madly in love with him. Hearing her sing made his feelings ambivalent.

******

Shin Woo, Mi Nam, and Jeremy even had their solo appearances, each singing two songs, one original A.N Jell song, and the second, some covers from other artists. For the cover songs, Mi Nam sang "Tonight" by FM Static, Jeremy sang Park Bom's "You and I", and Shin Woo sang CN Blue's "Y, Why".

Last to perform among the group was Tae Kyung. He was on the grand piano singing to another A.N Jell original. After his piece, he tapped the piano bars and sang James Ingram's song "I Don't Have the Heart."

The lyrics struck He Yi backstage, and she listened hard. This must be the song that Tae Kyung told her would be the answer to her questions.

I don’t have the heart to hurt you
It’s the last I want to do
But I don’t have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to

Inside I’m dying
To see you crying
How can I make you understand
I care about you
So much about you, baby
I’m trying to say this as gently as I can

He Yi realized that this must be the reason why Tae Kyung found it hard to explain. That he cared for her too much that he didn't want to hurt her anymore, but that he didn't want her to hope her impossible hopes. She went to a chair backstage and silently cried.

*****

Finally, Mi Nyu was introduced as the newest A.N Entertainment talent. She showcased her piano and singing skills, much to the delight of everyone. She really is Mi Nam's twin, musically inclined. After all, she was on the piano when she was still Go Mi Nam. Later, she had a duet with Tae Kyung, and they sang to a Carpenter's song, "You."

During Mi Nyu's number, He Yi watched her debut. She was jealous but happy for the piggy rabbit at the same time. Happy, because they are already friends, and friends are supposed to be happy for their friends. Jealous because Tae Kyung chose Mi Nyu. He Yi got jealous all the more when she noticed the necklace hanging around the other girl's neck--the necklace which Tae Kyung chose.

*****

 

Well, this will seem the end of my story...

 

 

 

BUT!

 

 

 

Who will Tae Kyung end up with? Will he and Mi Nyu live happily ever after, or will he find happily ever after in someone else?