The Heart Changes

I Am Only A Girl

The band had their congratulatory party at Velvet Skies, where there were other Hallyu stars present. 2NE1 (my favorite girl group) sang some of their hits, and even joined the band in their celebrations. Even Super Junior's Cho Kyuhyun joined, hoping to get another glimpse of He Yi.

"I find her cute," Kyuhyun smirked as he admitted it to A.N Jell. "Where is she, by the way?"

This time, jealousy took over Tae Kyung's being. He suddenly became jealous of Kyuhyun (please don't be!!! This writer loves Kyuhyun too! T_T), and Mi Nyu saw the apprehension in Tae Kyung's expression.

"Well, I did not see her backstage. She did not even give us some notice," Tae Kyung told Kyuhyun.

"Ah, jinjja? That's too bad," Kyuhyun said. "I kept her autograph all along, and I hope she kept mine too."

Later, he excused himself, as Leeteuk and Shin Dong called him to join them on the dance floor.

"Look at that guy!" Jeremy commented, pointing at Kyuhyun. "Is he brutally honest!"

"That is all right. After all, he is a fan," Shin Woo mused, and Mi Nam nodded.

Tae Kyung did not comment on anything at all. He continued listening to the guys, and Mi Nyu saw the expression on his face.

The group stayed there for as long as the party lasted.

*****

That night, as Mi Nyu was about to sleep, she contemplated on the things that had transpired since two days ago.

Flashback and Mi Nyu's POV:

Hyung-nim instructed Oppa to bring me home, as he and Yoo He Yi have something important to discuss. I wasn't able to get in the van right away, because my stomach was aching that I had to race to the restroom. After agonizing minutes had gone by, I went back to the dance studio to check if I had retrieved my cellphone, as it was not with me.

Indeed, my phone was there, and I got it. When I went down to go to the van, I saw He Yi and Hyung-nim talking. I do not favor eavesdropping, but I usually get into those kind of situations. I heard He Yi pleading Hyung-nim to love her...oh, I suddenly felt that emotion that they called jealousy. After all, I am Hyung-nim's girlfriend. I was in shock when He Yi pulled Hyung-nim into her kiss. I was plastered to the spot, unable to move. I witnessed the whole encounter until Hyung-nim left He Yi. I returned to the van crestfallen, and Oppa had to ask me what was wrong. Mother Superior, it is bad to lie, is it not?  I did not tell Oppa that my heart is breaking again because of Hyung-nim....

The next morning, that was yesterday morning, I got up to prepare breakfast. I saw pieces of bacon thawed in lukewarm water and ready for frying. Shin Woo-hyung, I thought. Or, Aunt Mi Ja. Who in the world would wake up this early to prepare breakfast? I saw some tea set materials, and concluded that it must be Shin Woo-hyung.

When I approached the door to the wooden balcony, I saw Shin Wo-hyung talking to He Yi. After He Yi sipped her tea, they started arguing, and I could make out what they were saying. He Yi wanted my hyung's help, but my hyung did not want to help because it was no longer his business.

I heard her accusing Shin Woo-hyung of lying, pressing on that he still loved me. Mother Superior...through all these time, did Shin Woo-hyung still love me? The song for a fool, he did sing it for me in the past...and he promised that he would never change. I guess Shin Woo-hyung did change. He does not love me anymore. He has moved on... Why would He Yi not accept that Hyung-nim loves me and not her? I salute Shin Woo-hyung for moving on....

Yet, his moving on makes me miss him so much. He and I are close and "killed dogs together," but maybe he changed because of me. I just wish Shin Woo-hyung's happiness, that is all. Eotteokhaji?

Hyung-nim gave me a necklace and put it around my neck. I told him it was gorgeous, and he smiled at me, but his eyes seemed different. I have got to confirm something to see if it is the same as my feelings.

Onstage, I had my debut. It was scary but fun. I had the confidence to be a solo artist, and it means more projects for me. Hyung-nim and I had our duet, "You" by the Carpenters. But I could tell by Hyung-nim's eyes that something was wrong...his eyes were not that of love but of worry.

During the congratulatory party, Kyuhyun of Super Junior was looking for He Yi. Hyung-nim looked a bit agitated when Kyuhyun admitted that he had a crush on He Yi. The other guys dismissed it as feeling of admiration by a fan, but I could tell by looking at Hyung-nim's eyes that he was jealous of Kyuhyun....Could it be that....

Oh Mother Superior, I have different feelings inside my heart. It seems that...my love has....

Eotteokhaji?

*****

Mi Nyu contemplated on the events and reviewed her feelings. She was sure that she and Tae Kyung needs to talk.

****

The next day, as Mi Nam, Shin Woo, and Jeremy left the studio to eat lunch, Mi Nyu went inside to talk with Tae Kyung, who was arranging his musical pieces.

"What is it, Mi Nyu?" he asked.

"Hyung-nim, can we talk?" she begged.

He noted a seriousness in her voice that he told her to sit so they could talk. Mi Nyu started the conversation with the event between him and He Yi when the fake fairy kissed him and begging him to pretend to love her. Mi Nyu examined his expressions of guilt, and he asked for forgiveness.

"I am not angry at you, Hyung-nim. I am supposed to be angry at you and her, right?" she asked.

"Yes, you should be, because you are my girlfriend," Tae Kyung finished. "I told her that I love you, but I just could not tell her that I can't hurt her, but that I don't love her."

"But I did not get angry. I did not even storm to you both and pull you out of her lips," she explained.

Tae Kyung was feeling that this was leading to something.

"Ya! Could you tell me what you want to tell me?" he said in slight irritation.

Mi Nyu remembered his look last night when he was agitated over Kyuhyun's  remark. She looked at Tae Kyung in the eyes and asked.

"Do you still love me, Hyung-nim?" she asked.

"I...I...," Tae Kyung stammered. He was caught off guard with the question that he was not even sure anymore if he really did love her.

"I still love you, Hyung-nim because you made me know how it is to fall in love," Mi Nyu said.

"I...I still love you too, Mi Nyu," Tae Kyung confessed. But Mi Nyu doubted the look on his eyes. She remembered He Yi's words that Tae Kyung lacked trust.

"But, Hyung-nim, I thought it over and over, and I saw myself always crying even if we are together. I know how much you love me, but it seems our relationship is going nowhere. I tried to make things work out, but it seems it is not working out well. I tried to counter your bullying, but it seems that I cannot stand being bullied anymore. Much as I love you, Hyung-nim, but I am crying almost every night, wondering why our relationship is still about catfights and petty stuff."

"What...are you trying to tell me?...Are you..." Tae Kyung stammered again.

"We're over, Hyung-nim, I'm sorry," Mi Nyu said. "I should have listened to Oppa, I should have listened when he told me that I deserve a guy who would treat me right and would not make me cry."

Tae Kyung stood up from his chair and knelt in front of Mi Nyu.

"I treated you right, didn't I? Because of you, I felt how it is to be loved," Tae Kyung said.

"Yes, Hyung-nim. You completed me, and I completed you. You did treat me right, but it seems you always made me cry," Mi Nyu said. "I deserve something better than that."

Tears fell from Tae Kyung's eyes. 

"Mianhae, Hyung-nim," Mi Nyu apologized.

"Please don't speak in banmal," Tae Kyung said in between tears, knowing that Mi Nyu always spoke in jondaemal.

"Jo...joesonghamnida, Hyung-nim," Mi Nyu cried. "I know I love you, but as I examined my feelings, I realized that I don't love you anymore..."

Tae Kyung finally understood why Mi Nyu did not pull him off the night that He Yi kissed him.

"Is it because of someone else?" he asked.

Mi Nyu shook her head. "I don't know. All I know is that I don't love you anymore. I'm so sorry, Hyung-nim."

As Mi Nyu cried her heart out, Tae Kyung hugged her.

"I am sorry too, Pig Rabbit," he apologized, still calling her with her pet name. "I realized I fell out of love for you too. Yes, I had loved you. I love you. But it seems that I only needed you so that I can have someone whom I can bully. It seems I needed you to will make me feel good, or tell me I am doing good, or compliment my achievements. I feel that I loved you only because I wanted your approval. I feel that you had always been doing me favors and great things, but all I did for you was bullying. Mi Nam is right. You deserve some other guy who would treat you better."

Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung hugged each other in tears, and that was their last hug as a couple. They were totally breaking up. So as not to prolong the agony, Mi Nyu pushed him away and ran as fast as she could. Tae Kyung just knelt in his place. 

The other guys went back to the studio feeling so full, but when they saw Tae Kyung crying so hard, they went to him.

"Hyung! Hyung! Are...are you hurt?" Jeremy asked.

Shin Woo and Mi Nam looked at each other. They could guess what it was about. Mi Nam signalled Shin Woo, who walked out the door. When Tae Kyung saw Shin Woo walk out, he stood up and walked away too.