The Singing Fool and the Fake Fairy

I Am Only A Girl

Shin Woo was in the wooden balcony all by himself that afternoon. The band did not have practices, and it was a beautiful Saturday. Most of the members were out of the house to do whatever they need or want to do.

Shin Woo was not the only one left inside the dorm.

"Shin Woo-hyung?" Mi Nyu called out to him.

He looked up to her and radiated a heartwarming smile. "What is it?"

Mi Nyu was bringing a tray with a plate of sandwiches and two glasses of lemon juice. Aunt Mi Ja, who was the other person left inside the dorm, made snacks with her niece, who decided to share some with her "hyung." She could have called Tae Kyung as "Tae Kyung-oppa" and Shin Woo as "Shin Woo-oppa," but it was already out of habit that she calls her boyfriend as "Hyung-nim" and her other friend as "Shin Woo-hyung."

Shin Woo patted the seat next to him, and Mi Nyu placed the tray in between them. She handed him a pack of sandwich for him to snack on. He took it from her and began to eat.

"Ah, Mi Nyu-ya," Shin Woo started. "Are you familiar with the band CN Blue?"

Mi Nyu scanned her brains. The band was not part of the drill that Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang had her practice over a year ago.

"Who is that?" she innocently ask him.

It did not surprise her any longer that Shin Woo still ruffled her hair. She knew that Shin Woo got over her and treated her as a friend already. But his habits remained the same.

"You really have no idea who they are?" he asked. Then, he hummed to the tune of "Gomawoyo."

"Ahh!!!! Ye, I remember," Mi Nyu beamed. "Their leader, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi looks like you."

"Geurae (Is that so)?" was his amused inquiry. "Geureom (then), you look like Park Shin Hye to me."

Mi Nyu giggled like a little girl. Even other people commented that her oppa Mi Nam is the male version of Park Shin Hye. And since they are twins, so she looks like PSH too.

Shin Woo brought out the guitar beside him, and they sang some songs. They were also laughing like cronies of old when Mi Nyu realized that they ran out of juice.

"Shin Woo-hyung, joesonghamnida," Mi Nyu said. "I'll get in to get more food."

When she went in with the tray, Shin Woo strummed his guitar and hummed some tunes. 

****

Mi Nyu had gathered more sandwiches and juice. She was never this hungry, and she loved eating with Shin Woo. It was like a common hobby to both. She was holding the tray when she heard a familiar tune played on the guitar. When she got near the door, she saw that Shin Woo had a faraway look on his face. So what was he singing?

Because I am a Fool....

Mi Nyu suddenly remembered that he once sang it to her on the pretext of "practicing a song." Now that she heard the lyrics again, she realized that he intended to sing that song for her. It made her confused. She knew that he confessed to her, but what is Shin Woo feeling all these time that she and Tae Kyung are together? She didn't know if he still felt the same way as before, or if he had changed. She was about to go out and ask Shin Woo about it when she heard a clack-clack noise on the wooden floor.

"Yoo He Yi?" Shin Woo asked and stopped playing the guitar.

The fake fairy smiled at him and clapped her hands. He could tell she was trying to be a hypocrite.

"Well, well, well. I presume that you are making that song for Mi Nyu?" she .

Shin Woo just looked at her, then continued playing the guitar.

"Are you sure that you are OK, now that we know that Mi Nyu never loved you?" she mocked him.

Shin Woo stopped then looked at her boredly. He couldn't forget the day when He Yi embarrassed him in front of Mi Nyu by making the latter wear the green pair of heels. He was more than sad at that time, as he felt that he had been rejected many times even before he could confess. It was like his confession was made premature, and he found it hard to forgive He Yi. Yet, he maintained his cool.

"I am OK now, and I am happy for Mi Nyu," he nonchalantly told her.

He Yi feigned shock and replied with a sly laugh. "Geurae? Hah! Then I guess I should follow your example too."

"Mwo?" Shin Woo asked.

"I need to congratulate Tae Kyung for being in love with Mi Nyu, then," she said in scorn.

Shin Woo didn't reply and instead stood up to go inside.

"Ya! I want to help you!" He Yi said to him.

Shin Woo turned around and faced her. "What do you mean?"

"I want to help you get Mi Nyu back, and help me get Tae Kyung," she bargained.

"Get Mi Nyu back?" Shin Woo echoed.

He Yi nodded excitedly. They did not know that Mi Nyu was behind the door, listening all the while. What did He Yi mean by her helping Shin Woo to get Mi Nyu back? It got Mi Nyu confused even more.

"Why would I want Mi Nyu back? She was never mine to start with," Shin Woo revealed. "Did you come here to make some mess?"

He turned his back again to go inside the dorm. 

"Ya! Come back!" He Yi screamed at him. "Aish! Ya!"

But Shin Woo didn't return. He Yi, in her anger, was about to kick the guitar that Shin Woo left. Then, she restrained herself, thinking that Shin Woo, with all his charming and gentlemanly ways, might be a Lochness monster who devours anyone who destroys his precious guitar.

"I'll get even. You'll see!" she muttered to know one in particular.

Shin Woo was right. She just came to make some mess.