Trapped!

I Am Only A Girl

Tae Kyung and Jeremy went to the mall to shop some birthday gifts for President Ahn.

"We have to get something that says 'Jackpot'!" Jeremy happily said as he punched the air.

Tae Kyung looked at his bandmate. Maybe Jeremy had the same genes as the president. They were always saying something abnormal.

"Ya, I need to go to the loo. Let's meet at Calvin Klein," Tae Kyung instructed Jeremy, who nodded excitedly.

****

Tae Kyung finally felt relieved after going to the loo. His stomach was hurting like crazy, and he felt that it was going to burst. The restrooms found upstairs, fourth floor to be exact, were the cleanest. So he settled there.

He had to hurry, or Jeremy might find himself sleeping inside the store. It was almost seven that Saturday evening, and they promised Aunt Mi Ja that they were going home to eat dinner.

He went inside the elevator in an absent-minded state, and didn't notice the other passenger.

"Hwang Tae Kyung?"

When he looked at the other passenger, he suddenly felt that his blood pressure was going to rise.

"Aish, a fake fairy."

He Yi frowned at him. "Ya, do you think I want to be in the same place as you?" she snapped.

"Go out, then," he coolly said,

"Fine!" He Yi threatened. "Just wait till I get to the second floor, and we won't be in the same place!"

What second floor?

The elevator was about to reach second floor when it suddenly stopped.

"Ya!" they chorused.

Then, the lights went out.

"Y--ya--ya! I can't see a thing!" Tae Kyung panicked. "Is the AC still on?"

He Yi, who was about to panic, calmed down upon knowing that Tae Kyung couldn't see in the dark. She snickered and replied. "The thing is still on, and the elevator is still working," she cooly said while pushing the emergency button. 

She knew that Tae Kyung was stumbling in his panic.

"Ya! Calm down, will you?" she chided him. She found it odd to be so complacent in an emergency situation.

"I--I can't see a thing!" Tae Kyung panicked again.

Then, someone from outside answered the emergency call. He Yi told him that there are two people inside the lift, they are near the second floor, the lights are out, the AC is OK, and only the emergency button is working.

"Don't worry, we'll get you both out in a jiffy," the man from the outside assured.

The lights went back, but the elevator was still not working. She saw Tae Kyung crouched in one end of the lift, shaking and perspiring profusely. She knelt in front of him, but did not touch him or anything. Tae Kyung looked at her with mad eyes, and she saw he was breathing hard.

"Oh--ohh....I thought I was gonna die," Tae Kyung mumbled.

"Ya, do you think you were the only one who was gonna die?" she screamed at him.

But Tae Kyung didn't argue anymore. He Yi assessed that he was not in the right state of mind. His lips were even pale.

"Don't...don't leave me," Tae Kyung pleaded.

He Yi frowned, but then softened. She never heard Tae Kyung begging to her.

"May I have your phone? Who is with you in this building?" she calmly asked.

"Je-je-je..remy...," he replied.

He slowly handed his phone, and she saw that there was still good signal inside the elevator. She sent a text message to Jeremy, stating where they are, and telling him they need help. After a few seconds, she received a text from Jeremy, stating that he will be looking for help.

She handed the phone back to him, and he got her hands. She felt his hands being cold and clammy, and she was shocked when he brought her hands to his forehead.

"Please don't leave me..." Tae Kyung pleaded. She saw that he was getting weak with panic.

"Don't panic Hwang Tae Kyung," she mocked him. "It is soooooooo not you!"

But Tae Kyung did not argue. He looked at her with begging eyes. She saw that he was still not in good condition.

"Don't worry, I'll do a follow-up," she promised.

She hit the emergency button again, and she got a reply that help is on the way. She could feel Tae Kyung breathing hard, and as she stood there, she saw the look of a helpless Tae Kyung begging for her to stay.

She didn't need Shin Woo's help after all. She remembered her encounter with Shin Woo that afternoon before she hit the mall. Shin Woo was not interested in Mi Nyu anymore, while she still pined for Tae Kyung. She thought that if she works hard now, she can get Tae Kyung and make him love her and make him forget Mi Nyu. It's time for her to do things her way.

The doors suddenly opened, and the mall security came. Since the lift almost touched the second floor, one of the guys came inside and assisted her in helping Tae Kyung out of the lift. When both victims were out, Jeremy pushed his way to have a look.

"Hyung!!!!" he cried.

"No worries, Jeremy," He Yi told him in a genuine manner. Of course, she could try to impress others, making them think that the National Fairy also saves other people who are trapped in the elevator. But she didn't think of it right now. She was just thinking of making Tae Kyung back to his normal self.

"Hyung!!!!" Jeremy cried again while hugging Tae Kyung and soaking his hyung's outfit with his tears. Tae Kyung looked at He Yi with a renewed perception. He never thought the fake fairy would also have a good side to her.

"Gomawo (Thanks), He Yi," he whispered to her.

He Yi could only smile.

****

"Hyung, let me drive," Jeremy offered.

He and He Yi helped Tae Kyung get inside the blue car. When He Yi was about to make her exit, Tae Kyung called out to her, and invited her over for dinner.

"Hyung?" Jeremy looked at him in wonder.

"She saved my life, Jeremy, so I think I owe a lot to her," he sincerely told him while looking at her,

He Yi looked with a shock on her face, but it melted then into a smile. "I accept."

******

"Why---why is she here?" Manager Ma asked Tae Kyung.

Over dinner, Tae Kyung recounted how He Yi and her calmness saved his life. He admitted that he panicked, which was so unlike him. He invited everyone to accept He Yi's friendship and be her friends.

Mi Nyu was the first to reach out. She still had the heart of gold.

"Yoo He Yi, gamsahamnida," she told the fake fairy. "Thanks for saving my Hyung-nim."

He Yi felt so ashamed of herself for being so sly and bratty. Everyone suddenly became nicer to her.

"N..ne," was all she could reply.

Her heart cringed. Oh how cruel.... But at least, her heroism gave her the one thing she lacked--friends.

 

*****

Hm...♫ I will update later.... Hm.... ♫ ...watch out for the continuation, hmmm....♫