Velvet Skies

I Am Only A Girl

Music blasted over the entire club, and many people were already dancing on the dance floor. Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang did not care for the drinks, just as long as they can bust some moves.

President Ahn and the other company VIPs were laughing like politicians, and invited his kids to have a toast of champagne. The young band had a table by themselves near the VIPs, yet they were still able to enjoy with the birthday celebrant that night. A delicious lunch plus a fire-hot partying in the club spells jackpot.

Many Hallyu stars were present as guests. Before School was on stage, singing their latest hits. Next to perform was CN Blue, and as Jung Yong Hwa belted out, Mi Nyu howled like she had never done before. Hmm...down with champagne again. Tae Kyung, who was sitted beside his girlfriend, kicked her shins.

"Ouch! Hyung-nim, why are you being mean to me?" she scowled.

"Go Mi Nyu? I order you to behave. You are a Pig Rabbit, so you must behave!" Tae Kyung reasoned out.

"Hyung-nim!" she scowled again. Then, turning to Shin Woo, she drawled. "Shin Woo-hyung, Yong Hwa is so cool! I am going to ask for his autograph and give it to you."

Shin Woo just smiled a bit. "That's all right, you can keep his autograph. I am gonna have Park Shin Hye's autograph later too."

"Park Shin Hye?" Mi Nyu asked. 

"Ne, Shin Hye-ssi is over there, talking with Lee Da Hae-ssi," He Yi pointed out.

"Ah! I see her...and her...and him...and him...and him, and them!" Mi Nyu, who was almost drunk with champagne, pointed excitedly at Park Shin Hye, Lee Dae Hae, Bae Young Joon, 2PM's Wooyoung, JYP's Park Jin Young, and Super Junior, who were all present at President Ahn's birthday.

Tae Kyung was getting a bit annoyed at his girlfriend's childish ways that he grasped her entire face with his hand, and pulled her to sit down. 

"Ah, Pig Rabbit. Behave, I order you! Behave!" he said, pointing his finger at her. "Aish, I don't know how you will fare when you will start to debut."

He Yi, who was sitted beside Shin Woo and Jeremy, looked at Mi Nyu jealously. Even if she convinced herself to be friends with the piggy rabbit girl, she couldn't help but feel jealous still. Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung are already a couple, but they can still be brutal and open to each other, and still have fun fighting over petty stuff. If only she were in Mi Nyu's place.

She thought she had to accept fate, just like Shin Woo did, and be happy for them. She thought it was impossible, but she still wished she was Mi Nyu. Yet, she couldn't hate Mi Nyu anymore.

Mi Nam, who had a blast dancing with his GF on the dance floor, went back to the table to have a refill of beer. When he saw his sister laughing like a fool and acting weird, he pointed his hand on Tae Kyung.

"Ya! Did you see what you did to my sister?" Mi Nam angrily pointed out. "You're so dead, Hwang Tae Kyung."

Tae Kyung crisply told him. "I stopped pouring champagne on her goblet, but she stole everyone else's glass."

Mi Nam looked at the other occupants, who nodded in affirmation. Then, Mi Nyu handed a paper to his oppa.

"Oppa, please give me Jung Yong Hwa's autograph. Hehehehe...." she drawled.

Mi Nam irritatedly snatched the paper from his dearly beloved sister.

"Aish, make sure she is sober by the time I get here," he threatened everyone.

When Mi Nam went on his way, Jeremy stuck out his tongue at the departing guy,

"He is totally annoying! Annoying!" Jeremy spoke, totally annoyed.

"It's hard to keep her sober, is it?" Shin Woo nonchalantly and coolly told Tae Kyung, as if he was trying not to care at all.

"Ha! If you own a Pig Rabbit as a pet, it is hard to keep her sober, especially if you drown her with too much champagne," Tae Kyung dryly replied.

After CN Blue's performance, FT Island performed next.

"Look! There's Lee Hong Ki," Jeremy said excitedly. "I am gonna ask for his autograph."

"Tsk, all of you, get out of here and ask for everyone else's autograph," was Tae Kyung's exasperated instruction.

And so, Jeremy, Shin Woo, and He Yi left the table to mingle with the stars, thus, leaving Tae Kyung to nurse an almost drunk Pig Rabbit. Then, flashes of memories went back to him--the night when Mi Nyu-turned Go Mi Nam had her first kiss with him on the rooftop. It still gave him the chills, remembering how the drunk Mi Nyu had vomitted on him.

"Grrrr!!!! I don't want to remember it anymore!" he thought.

*****

"Look, Hyung, I got Lee Hong Ki's autograph," Jeremy bragged.

"I got Cho Kyuhyun's autograph!" was He Yi's reply. She was testing whether Tae Kyung is going to be jealous of Kyuhyun.

"Huh! I guess you have all the fun, eh?" Tae Kyung mocked. Too bad for He Yi, Tae Kyung was not jealous. Turning to Shin Woo, he asked.

"What have you got there?"

"I got an autograph and a scoop," Shin Woo shared. "Shin Hye-ssi said that she and Yong Hwa-ssi are friends, and she said that she finds me adorable."

"Huh! Is that so!" Tae Kyung replied, half-mocking. "At least, your fanbase includes actors now. How amazing could it get?"

Mi Nyu asked for the autograph she was pestering her oppa.

"Your oppa is not yet here," Tae Kyung said. "He is still chatting with CN Blue."

"I will go!" Mi Nyu demanded. She kicked Tae Kyung's knees before staggerring to CN Blue's table where her new favorite lead singer was sitting.

Tae Kyung was not able to utter, much to his surprise. He let the almost drunk girl go by herself. He stood up to follow his girlfriend Pig Rabbit in order to avoid trouble.

"Hyung is such a protective boyfriend," Jeremy commented.

"Let him be," Shin Woo told him. "I could be the protective hyung if I want to, but since Mi Nyu has a boyfriend, I can rest assured."

He Yi looked at Tae Kyung going to Mi Nyu and CN Blue. Shin Woo's words rang through her ears. If he could still be the protective hyung.... If only he could get back to be Mi Nyu's protective hyung so that Tae Kyung could be her (He Yi's) oppa.