I Would Prefer If You Help Me Pretend That You Are Mine....

I Am Only A Girl

Tae Kyung did not finish practicing with the band. Who would think of important stuff after such break up, right?

He went to the park all by himself, covering himself with his hoodie so that people won't recognize him. His mistake. Only one knew him.

"Hwang Tae Kyung..." a soft call said to him.

When he looked up, he stood up immediately and hugged the other figure tight.

"He Yi....He Yi...."he cried.

He Yi noticed that other people began to stare at them. And who is this guy hugging the National Fairy anyway? She instructed him to keep it low and follow her.

****

She invited him to her dorm, where she cooked spaghetti for him. He ate the spaghetti first, as he did not have lunch at all. He Yi mused how he could still eat despite crying his heart out.

After lunch, she asked him to tell her everything. He did, and she cried along with him. She was supposed to be happy that he and Mi Nyu broke up, right? But she was not.

"Fake fairy," he sobbed. "You are supposed to be happy right? This is what you wanted, right?"

He Yi let tears fall from her eyes as she shook her head. "No. In fact, I am sad that you are hurting. I don't want you to get hurt. I am sad that you are hurting because she broke up with you."

So much like Mi Nyu, not wanting him to get hurt.

"She said that she doesn't love me anymore," he shared.

"And how about you?" she asked.

"I...I fell out of love for her too," Tae Kyung realized.

He looked at He Yi and caressed her face. She closed her eyes as she savored his hands on her face. Her lips shook as his fingers ran through her lips. Then, she opened her eyes and looked at him, eye to eye.

Tae Kyung finally understood why he got jealous of Kyuhyun. It was because he had started to look at He Yi. He leaned forward slowly, that He Yi had to shut her eyes.

And it happened. His lips met hers, and He Yi felt it to be soft and gentle, yet full of want and pain. Tae Kyung must have been wanting to have someone to love, that he had to kiss this way, He Yi thought. But there was no more time for thoughts. She wanted to give in...and yet...

She pushed him gently.

"Wae?" he asked. He did not understand why she would not accept the kiss.

"I...I know you just  broke up with Mi Nyu... Just sort out your feelings as neatly as possible, OK?" she said in a philosophical manner, though she was trying too hard to hold back her tears.

"He Yi..."

"Maybe you are just confused...I would prefer if you help me pretend that you are mine, but please don't lead me on, I beg you," He Yi pleaded.

Tae Kyung stared at her like the way he begged her back at the elevator.

"No, I am not confused. I am sure. I won't help you pretend," he told her.

"Mwo? Please let me understand," He Yi asked in clarification.

"Look into my eyes and tell me what you see," he instructed her.

He Yi looked, but did not see.

"Can't you see? Can't you see that I have fallen in love with you?" Tae Kyung explained in exasperation.

He Yi cried when he confessed. He explained that he sang James Ingram's song because he did not want to hurt her, because he was not sure of his feelings for her. Now that he is free from Mi Nyu, he is sure that he loves He Yi. Those simple times they shared where she saved his life, those where the building blocks that made him realize that he had fallen in love with her.

"We are not tangent lines, nor parallel lines, nor asymptotes," Tae Kyung reasoned out. "Forget about it. I love you, He Yi, don't you understand?"

He Yi sobbed again. She felt weak when Tae Kyung hugged her. She could feel his passion and his need for love.

"I don't  care if you are a girl. You are capable of love, and I accept your love," he told her.

He Yi cried again.

"I love you, Tae Kyung... Thank you so much..." she whispered.

He released his hug, and he looked at her again. Then, He Yi leaned forward and gave him her kiss.

This time, this is not pretense. This is real.