Sequel: The Last Goodbye

Are You Mine, Byun Baekhyun?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Words Count: 1436

Everytime I think I'm ready, 
to give your love a try,
The heartache keeps repeating,
like an anchor through my life,
Even though I wanna love you,
I can't get him off my mind.
My heart is still retreating,
from the last goodbye. 

 

 

 

"Yah~ HAHAHA, stop it, stop, I SAID STAPH, OHMYGAWD, KYUNGSOO, HAHAHA" rolling on the floor like a buffalo, Kyungsoo tickled you like there's no tomorrow. He knows your weak spots well. "Alright, alright, I'll forgive you this time, next time, stay still when I cook." sending you some cold glares, you both can't help but burst into laughters.

It's been almost a year since Baekhyun walked out of your life. Well, not really walk, but you know what I mean. Although you still can't forget him yet, you decided to be the happy virus he asked you to be. It was your promise with him. -He's in a better place now- is what you'll tell yourself to cheer up. What more than knowing your loved one is happy... with or without you.

Kyungsoo really stuck by you. Through your good times and bad. He was there. He went through it with you. You couldn't ask for more. Even though he confessed to an unanswered love, you both was never awkward around each other. It's like, that's how you roll. 

"You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There is a saying: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." -Oogway

Like it or not, a quote from a cartoon actually inspired you to continue on living. Things weren't easy, but from dusk to dawn, you learnt to be inspired by people and things that surrounded you. You remember to always be grateful to obstacles that run in your journey of life, 'cause what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

 

"Hyeri-ah~, the cake's done!" Kyungsoo shouted from the kitchen as your eyes popped up in excitement running back.

"IT'S ALL MINE!" taking one bite of the creamy cake, you gulped it all down in one-go. "UGH, KYUNGSOO, IF HEAVEN WAS MADE OUT OF YOUR CAKES, I'M ALREADY DEAD."

"Whoa, slow down there," ruffling your hair, Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh at your childishness.

After you both were done eating, Kyungsoo wiped his mouth as he glanced at you. Nearing his face closer to you, you widened your eyes. "Wh-why?" not bothering on answering your question, Kyungsoo wiped the cream that got stuck on your mouth with his heart-shaped lips. I repeat, with his lips.

For the first time in forever, your butterflies were back...alive. You haven't felt this way in a long time. He showed you what being loved felt like again.

...But that doesn't mean you can have a happy ending with a guy still stuck on your mind, right? Although everyone tells you that with Kyungsoo your life can change, that things will fall into place, but it ain't always easy, true?

Memories flashed with you and Baekhyun back almost two years ago, when he leaned in to wipe the bean paste from your mouth and called you a pig back at the rest stop. Oh, how embarrassed you were. 

"H-Hyeri?" coming back into this world, Kyungsoo scratch the nape of his neck, embarassed at his own action.

"E-eh?"

"Sorry if i went too far" he tried smiling.

"No-no, it's okay, it's fine. I'll be in my room if you need me." excusing yourself, you went to lock yourself in your room. 

-THE WORLD IS JUST A MESS, UGH-

Now, now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter