Playful

Only The Strongest Survive

A/N- so with the Kris thing happening lately I thought I'd go for something a little more playful this chapter ^_^

____________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 8- Playing around
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Can you at least try to weigh less?" Baekhyun grunts. I slap the top of his head. 
"Shut up, I'm trying to make this easier. Plus this is really awkward for me." I rest my chin on his head. He snorts but keeps on walking. 


    "Noona, how's your head?" Jung Hee asks from my side. I wobble my head around. A sickness runs through me. I puke my stomach acid on Baek's shoulder.


    "What the hell?!" He yells and drops me suddenly. I land on my bad leg and fall down clutching it. Kris picks me up; I struggle to keep back my tears and start gasping like a fish out of water.

 
    "Now I have to take this damn shirt off." Baek complains. He strips it off. I run my eyes along his lean, fit body. Jung Hee catches me and smirks. 


    "Where are we? In Cali I mean." Luhan asks. I gain my breath back. I think while Kris heaves me on to his back.


    "Well passed San Fran... I wanna say near farm lands..? Maybe." I look at Luhan and nod at his doe eyes. He smiles and turns to Xiumin. 


    "How 'bout we find another house to stay at. I miss a roof over my head." Hee says. I chuckle thinking of how he always used to complain when he didn't get to go out past dark. 


    "Give her back to me." Baek gestures to me. I snuggle closer to Kris. He laughs at my actions.


    "Seems like it's a bit uncomfortable for her; your shirt being off and everything." Baek glances down. He looks back up with an evil smile. Quickly, his features change from one of a demon to an angelic being.


    "What's wrong with my chest?" He says with puppy dog eyes. My eyes go wide at this amazing change in attitude. Baek raises his eyebrows to make his eyes wider. Gulping I smile down at him.


    "Nothing, just that you're kind of a ." Everyone breaks in to laughter. Baek frowns but quickly cheers up.


    "Have you seen that too?" He asks with fake innocence. I blush bright red and look away. I feel the rumbling coming from beneath me. I hear the triumph in Baek's voice when he speaks next.


    "So Ra, come on just give a man some pride and let him carry a princess in distress." I scoff. 


    "I'm in no means a princess. In fact I've probably taken down more zombies then you." I feel a hand touch my calf. Looking at the source, it's Baek, with a very wicked smile carved in to his face. 


    "Are we making this a game? Whoever kills more zombies wins a prize?" I think about what the questions had to offer. I shrug and the idea.


    "Sure, but since it's a bet we need to wager something." My eyes wonder to the sky.


"I'll shave myself bald, if I don't win of course." Chanyeol pitches in. "I'll give them a bath." Xiumin pitches out. "I'm going offer my romance skills." Tao raises his hand. 


    "Woah! Woah, wait guys. It's just a Baek and I thing. If you want to make it between others go a head, but this one is for Baek and I." I eye Chanyeol down till he shrinks next to Chen. Looking back to Baek I raise my eyebrows.
  

 "So, what are you putting out there?" Baek smiles and squeezes my leg a little.


"My love." I narrow my eyes at this. He didn't even seem to be lying. Clearing my throat I think about what I can offer.


    "I'll do whatever the you say for an entire week." He throws his head back and laughs. 


"My love is worth so much more though." I cringe and rethink my offer. I slap the top of Kris's head when I think of it.


    "Sure, since you're offering your love; I'll offer mine." He smiles. Holding out his right hand, he waits for my hand. I sigh and shake it.


    Chanyeol starts making a fuss about seeing something through the trees and in the field we were now walking next to. He slaps Chen's back and flails his arms in a direction that would head inland. Chen trips Chanyeol and says something I can't hear. Chanyeol scurries up towards me.


    "So Ra, there's a house, like two miles that way." He points, then starts making weird arm movements. I squint to see if he was right. He was right there was a house. I couldn't make out much other then it being a pastel yellow. 


    "Guys, let's go check it out." I say jerking my head towards the house. Chen glares at me. Kris suddenly drops to the ground. I squeak in shock as I feel the vibration his body made. I had unwrapped my legs before they had gotten to beat up. Getting up I scramble to his head.


    "Kris? Kris? Kris!" I slap his face lightly. It was burning hot. Everybody gathers around us.


    "He's burning up... Chanyeol let's head to the house. Somebody needs to carry him." 


"But somebody needs to carry you too." Jung Hee says. I shake my head. 


    "I can manage for a while."


"It might be even more then a mile though." Baekhyun says. 


    "Just, somebody carry Kris. I'll care about myself." I catch a worried look on Suho and Baek's face. Chanyeol hoists Kris's legs up; Tao grabs his torso, and Ximin grabs the rest.


     I waddle towards the house. Moving as fast as I can I still can't keep up with the boys. Suho falls behind. He grabs my arm and puts it over his shoulder. 


    "Thanks." I say a little breathless.
"What kind of man would I be if I can't help a women in distress." I scowl. He was going for the same speech Baek had been.


    "I'm not in distress, I could walk without you." I look at his face. A pout was forming. He seemed slightly hurt by my comment.


    "Sorry, I'm usually an independent person. It's hard for me to depend on someone, even on such a little thing like this." The pout that was beginning started to go away.


    "Ah. I understand." He clears his throat. "So did you play sports when you were at school?" He asks. I chuckle.


    "Remember, the track scholarships." He blushes.


"O-oh yeah. Now I do." A question popped in to my mind.    


    "What did you do in your free time." His eyes wonder to the cloudy skies. 


"Well, I would clean, watch tv, those kinds of things." 


    "Sounds boring." He chuckles and looks to me. There was warmth that, only somebody who truly cared about people would possess. 


    "The members have always kept me on my feet. So I'm usually pretty busy." I think about this. Even though the shows he had always come off as a mother type. It was nice to experience this warmth again. It felt like my mom was still out there, even though I knew she was long gone.


    "You're so nice." I say with a long sigh. I look back to his face. His eyes were wide.

 

"Th-thanks. You are, too." Chuckling, I look to see the house is much closer then we expected. It was small. It probably had a basement, considering it was a farm house.


 Looking around, there were three zombies. Far enough that we wouldn't attract attention we scuttled in to the house. Chen whistled low.


    "Nice place." I peel my arm off of Suho and limp to where I assumed the living room would be.  The fluffy arm chair had a quilt on top of it. I wrapped it around myself. The boys came through the door with Kris and set his body on the couch. 


    Suho went to look for a bathroom while Kyungsoo went to find food. Jung Hee sat besides the chair. Chen and Chanyeol sat next to Kris's head while Tao sat next to Kris's hand. Lay say next to Jung Hee and started making small talk with him. Kai, Sehun, and Luhan had followed Kyungsoo. Xiumin had probably went with Suho. Baek had just sat next to me. I was now squished in to a corner of chair.


    "Guys!!! Come and look at this!" Suho yells from somewhere in the house. It was such an alarming tone we all sprint to where we heard his voice. He had found the bathroom and I stumbled in and took one look at what was in the bath tub and shirked.


    "Help me..." The blood soaked child pleaded.