The Concert

Only The Strongest Survive

I walk with a quick step. It was taco night at home and I was extremely hungry. I heard a dragging sound behind me to see a weird man with a dark hoodie that shadowed out his face. His jeans were ragged and showed some of the rough flesh underneath. His shoes were covered with mud. No not mud, this had a tint of red to it. Blood. Realizing what it was I ran all the way back home and slammed the door and locked it. Rushing to the window I glanced out the curtains to see if he had followed me home. I relaxed, seeing no figure on the sidewalk.

"What's wrong, honey?" My mother called from the kitchen.
"Ah, nothing... Are those tacos ready yet?" My mother's head peaked around the corner of the entrance to the kitchen.


"Almost, go get your brother would you?" I sighed, knowing the little freak was probably playing with his knives in his 'sanctuary'.


Bringing my stuff up the stairs I knocked on his door. "Time for dinner." I heard a noise of complaining from the other side of the door.


I walked to my room and threw my backpack on my bed and changed in to something comfortable. My phone started ringing. Groaning I threw myself on the bed to answer it.


"So Ra?!" My best friends voice rang in my ear, sounding worried.


"What, Ji Sun?" I say with a bored and annoyed voice.


"Turn on the news right now!" She screams. I reach for the remote on my bed and press the power button.


"I swear if this is something stu-" I scream and roll off my bed as I looked at the headline.


'World famous, 12 member boy band, EXO coming to California on a world tour.'


I hear Ji Sun's insanely happy laughter. I start laughing with her.


"Guess what?"


"What?"


"I got two front row tickets, and back stage passes!!!!!" Now I'm having a panic attack and my brother and mother run in to my room.


"What's wrong?" My mother says breathless.


"Ji Sun got us tickets for EXO's concert!!" My mother grins and my brother rolls his eyes and walks downstairs to get the tacos. Closing my door I hear my mother walk down the stairs.


"When is it?!" My voice high pitched from excitement.


"Tomorrow!!" She squeaks in to the phone.


"Why didn't you tell me about these sooner?!?!?!?"


"Well I bought them right when they went on sale, good thing too cause they sold out right away, but that was about two months ago and I thought since the news was doing a thing on it right now, this was the best time to tell you!" We squeal together for another ten minutes before my mother calls me down for dinner. Telling Ji Sun good bye I head down to see my dad is home from work.


"Hey Daddy." I say, walking to the table with a plate full of tacos.


"How was school today? Since it's Friday I would assume it was pretty good." He laughs, probably remembering when he was in school.


"It was great!!" I say, my voice was still a little high pitched from excitement of the news. He raises his eyebrow.


"Why are you happy?" He looks at my mother with a questioning look.


"Well, Ji Sun bought us tickets for a concert!" I practically sing. My mom smiles as my father raises an eyebrow.


"Who's concert?"


"EXO's!" I answer quickly, and give a little shiver. He chuckles.


"Your Mother and I met at a concert you know." I roll my eyes.


"Yeah you've tol-"


"It was a Bon Jovi concert. The middle of June in Illinois. I was there because my friends had dragged me there. She had caught my eye before the show even started, but when I tried to approach her the music started. When it was a slowish song I got the nerves to approach her and she looked at me with tears in her eyes. Later we went back to my place and-"


"Oh my God! Please don't continue!" My brother yelled. My parents gave a laugh and blue eyes met  brown ones. My brother made a gagging sound and pointed his finger down his throat.
"Jung Hee!" My mother snapped at him.


"Sorry but displays of affection like that gross me out..." He says. The rest of dinner is filled with the sound of soft shelled tacos filled lettuce crunching.


After dinner we all gathered in the living room to watch T.V. My father sat in a chair while the rest of us sat on the couch. Turning it on we were greeted by the news saying there was a 'sudden out break of the measles'. My father changed the channel and we watched 'Family Feud' for the rest of the time. Family time being done we all scattered to our rooms. My brother to play with his knives, my father and mother to take showers and read, and I would stay up all night studying the members of EXO.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to sounds of my phone ringing.


"Hello?" I say with my face still in my pillow.


"Just what time do you think the concert starts at huh?" Ji Sun's voice greets me. Shooting up I look at the time. 12:30 p.m.


"What time does it start at?"


"Well we will have to leave at 1 to get there with out being trampled." I scream and run to the bathroom to get ready.


Ji Sun walks in to my room at 12:45. Considering we are neighbors it would only take her a minute or two to actually get here.


"Are you almost done?" Her long skinny body leans against the side of the bathroom door. Her black hair straight, and her makeup done naturally.


"Close." I say finishing straightening my brown-red hair. It was a trait of being only half Asian. Another would be my pale skin and huge eyes. Ji Sun had always said she had been jealous of them but I disliked how they were the first thing anyone looked at. It was as if I only had eyes and not lips and a nose. It was the only thing people ever complimented me on and I'm pretty sick of it.


"Good, I'm going to go and pick out your outfit then since you, my friend, have no style." I nod.


A couple minutes later I'm dress in a jean skirt with black leggings and an EXO hoodie. It looked cute on my small and curvy figure. Walking down the stairs with a purse and a pocket knife Jung Hee had given me on my birthday for protection, my mother gave me fifty dollars. I kissed her cheek and gave her a hug, burrowing my face in her red hair.


"Have a good time, remember to not do drugs and say no to alcohol." I nod and walk out the door.
In Ji Sun's car we have her phone plugged in and have EXO music on so loud that we can't hear each other talk. As we pulled in to the lot, one of the first seventy five people, we turned the music down and checked our makeup before getting out.


"Oh my god I'm so excited!" She yelled and gripped on to my arm.


"Shhhh!" I grab her arm and shake it. We were already getting weird looks. We got closer to the bigger stadium and heard talking get louder. We gave our tickets to the guy in the booth and he stamped them and waved us on. Finally getting to the little part of the place that held the bathrooms and food and stores selling fan club stuff. We split up and said we'd meet each in ten minutes at that place, me with the stuff to wave around and her with the food. After I had bought two t-shirts and some other stuff that glows I walked back to where we agreed to meet. It only took her a couple more minutes and then we headed to our front row seats. It took around two hours for the stadium to completely fill up and then another hour for the show to start.


Lights went off and all of a sudden the stage lights . We started screaming when the boys appeared on stage. Music filled my ears and I glanced at Ji Sun and saw her in a trance from the sweet sound of their voices. We sung along with all their songs and during 'Miracles in December' I swear my eyes meet Kyungsoo's. I almost swooned. Ji Sun caught me right before my legs buckled and we laughed and started singing along again. As the concert ended the boys all gave thank you's and we love you's. They walked off stage and the stadium started emptying. Ji Sun and I walked to the back stage access. Before we were aloud to enter the guard had to see our passes but even after that he wouldn't let us go backstage.


"Please show me your arms." He said. Ji Sun and I looked at each other but did as he said. Pulling out a syringe, we immediately pulled our arms back.


"What the hell?!?!" Ji Sun squealed.


"I just need to check you aren't infected..." He trailed off.


"Oh, you mean with the measles?" I ask. He gives a curt nod and I stick my arm back out. Hiding in Ji Sun's chest I don't look as he sticks the needle in my arm. I feel the pinch and then it's gone. Looking up I see him giving the blood to another person with a machine. The person puts the blood in and the machine makes some beeps and the person nods.


"You can go." I wait as Ji Sun gets the same procedure. She passes and walks with me arm in arm back stage.


"That was really weird..." She says.


"Well the idols could get really affected by it and not perform for a long time." I say. She nods.


"That makes sense." We hear noise coming from a hallway and look at each other.


"This way?" She nods.


"That's what this says." She says pointing to something on a map. The noise is becoming louder as we approach a door. Reaching the door we slowly open it to find a horrific scene.


Blood was splattered everywhere. Mirrors, outfits, and make up supplies were covered in it. What was even worse, though, was that you could see the bodies the blood had come from. They were leaned against walls and some laying on the floor, and terrifyingly enough some were standing and moving around. Our eyes scanned the scene and we found where the noises had been coming from. They were screams of those who were still alive. Someone came up behind us and my instincts kicked in as I pulled the pocket knife my brother had given me out of my purse and was ready to stab somebody, only to take in EXO.


"Whoa there!" Chanyeol's deep voice echoes in the hall as I hold the knife to his throat. The noises from in the room stop and shuffling is coming towards us.


"Ji Sun close the door!!!!" I screech. She follows my orders and banging can be heard against the door as they reach it.


"We are going to call security, let us in our changing room!" Baekhyun yells at us. My heart beats fast, whether from the things in the room or the boys or probably both, I have no clue.


"You... You can't." I say with a shaky voice.


"And just why can't we?" Baekhyun asks, his voice getting higher out of frustration.


"The staff they've turned into... Something that's not good." I try to explain.


"Well then let us see!!!" Baekhyun screams.


"I can't! You'll get hurt!!!" I scream back. Noticing my knife tip was still pointed at Chanyeol's throat I put it down.


"Just please don't..." I whimper at them. Kris steps up.


"Let me see that knife." I hand it to him with a questioning stare. He starts stabbing at the door.


"Is it made of wood?" Sehun asks. Kris nods and he continues stabbing the door. Seeing what he's trying to do I step next to him and look through the little hole he has already made. Seeing the same scene I backed away and puked all over Chen's stage cloths.


"I'm so sorry!" I start crying and Ji Sun comes over to try and comfort me. He pats my back.


"It's fine, I guess." I hear him mutter.


"Guys we really need to leave right now." Kris says looking through the hole which was now bigger.


"Wait can we see?" They all rush towards the door. All the pressure against it makes it burst open. The boys all gasp at the scene and some even puke like me.


"Come on!!!" I say pulling on Ji Sun's and Chen's sleeve. Chen calls for the others to follow us, and we are all running towards the bus they arrived in. Pushing open an exit we see it but surrounded with moving, slouching figures. Chen stops and so do the rest of us.


I walk in front of him but not before grabbing my knife back from Kris. Moving closer to one of the figures, I hear it give a soft moan as I kick a bottle and it shuffles in my direction. Holding my breath I move out of its way. It passes me and I smell the coppery scent of blood and something like stomach acid. I take a closer look and see that the guts were hanging out of the bottom of its hoodie. I shiver but keep quiet, knowing that it was the sound that alerted it. I move forward keeping my eyes on the ground and then having them flit up to make sure I wasn't near any of those things. I glanced back at the group, it looked like none of the things had noticed them yet. I hold my finger up to my mouth to make sure they know they have to be quiet. Ji Sun nods and more then half of EXO does. I keep moving towards the bus. It was only a couple feet away now.
I take a dragging breath but stop half way through realizing the noise I had just made. The shuffling heads my way. I walk away from the bus and make sure to make some kind of shuffling noise to draw their attention. I look at the group and wave them to the bus. They nod and walk softly towards the bus, the whole time Ji Sun is looking at me. They are at the entrance of the bus when I wonder how they are going to get the door open with out drawing the things attention. Waving my arms frantically in the air I get Kris's attention and make a throwing gesture with my arm. He gives me a questioning look but then I put my knife in my hand and pretend to throw it. He gets it and I put the blade inside the carrier and toss it. He catches but only just. I make prying movements and then point at the door. He moves toward it quickly but silently. He pulls out the blade and sticks it in to a little slit, it opens and he rushes everyone in, except that Ji Sun isn't going. Her expression is one of a worried mother. Smiling I motion her in. I sprint to Kris as quietly as I could, only I stepped on a nail and a muffled screech escaped my mouth. He rushed to my side, and picked me up in a princess hold and ran in to the bus saying, "Close the doors!" Tao found the lever and pulled on it.


"What happened to her?" Ji Sun hurried to my side as Kris put me down on one of the bus's couches.


"She stepped on a nail, I think." He said looking at my foot and grabbing it. Pain shot through my right leg and I whimpered, he put it down.


"It went all the way through..." He mutters. Ji Sun grabs my hand and rubs her cheek against it.


"That was very brave, So Ra."


"So Ra? What a pretty name." Kyungsoo speaks to me for the first time. My heart pounds faster.


"Stop talking to her Kyungsoo, you're making her heart beat fast which leads to more blood loss." Kris snaps. Kyungsoo chuckles.


"Sorry."


"Does anyone have a legal driving license for here?" Chen asks. Everybody shakes their heads, except for Ji Sun and I.


"I doubt legal matters anymore..." I hear Kris mutter. I giggle.


"Ji Sun does." I say pulling my hand away from her. She glares at me.


"Well then, after you Miss Ji Sun." Chen says giving a servant's bow towards the wheel. She walks to it and sits down.


"Where's the key?" They all look at each other wide eyed. I moan and they all stare at me with worried eyes.


"You okay?" Chanyeol asks. I nod.


"Ji Sun didn't you learn how to start a car with out keys?" I ask, knowing the answer.


"Yeah my older sister taught me..."


"Well do it, I'm bleeding to death over here." She snorts at the exaggeration and bends down to play with the wires.


"Where are we going though?" Sehun asks. They look at each other and then me.


"Um, I guess my house for now..." I mutter, the reality of having twelve extremely good looking boys, hitting me. Kris takes my foot again. I'm to busy looking at the other eleven boys to notice what he's about to do. It was to late as he had already taken the nail out of my foot with a quick pull. I cried out in pain and tears streamed down my face.


"Sorry, but it would've gotten worse if I hadn't pulled it out. Does anyone have spare cloth?" He asks holding the bloody nail away from himself. Suho rips some of his outfit and gives the cloth to Kris then smiles at me. Kris takes off my bloody shoe and wraps the cloth around it just as we hear the engine start.
"Got it!" Ji Sun calls back. The boys cheer and I give a grunt of satisfaction. The bus starts moving.
"How far away is your house from here?" Chanyeol addresses me.
"About forty-five minutes..."
"So Ra, call your house and my house please." Ji Sun commands. I nod and pull out my phone. Having Ji Sun's mom on speed dial is still one of the best decisions I've ever made. She's helped me out of so many sticky situations that my mom doesn't even know about. I phone my mom and she picks up almost right away.
"Hey, Mom are you okay?"
"Oh thank god you're okay So Ra!" She sighs.
"Yeah, well kinda... I stepped on a nail, but I'm bring some, huh, guests over..." I say.
"Have they been hit with the sickness?" My mind brings up an image of the thing that shuffled past me, it's smell seemed stuck in my nostrils.
"No, we're in a bus though so we are going to attract a lot of attention. Be prepared." Something else passes my mind. "Would you mind calling Ji Sun's mom for me telling her she's okay?"
"Of course I will, just be careful okay?" I nod and think of how she can't see the movement.
"Yeah I will, bye Mom love you."
"Love you." Then she hung up.