Breaking up

Only The Strongest Survive

A/N- Thank you so much for those who have subscribed! It really makes my day to see people enjoying my work ^_^

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3- Breaking up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We walk to town, which was located about five miles away from Sun's house. I asked Woon Ha why we were going to town, his reply had simply been, "More people to protect." I had nodded and went back to my place in front of Yixing. 


    Getting there was horrible, so many dead, or dying, people. My brother tried to get a look at them but I protectively walked in his view every time he glanced toward them. He gave me dirty looks, I tried to keep a straight face, but it was hard when you were so terrified by the things dragging their feet five feet away from you. 


    One time, when we were about a mile away from the main part of town, a corpse heard me take a loud breath and started walking in my direction. I felt Yixing grip his hoe tight behind me. I kept walking, quieter though, and it passed not a foot to the side of me. My bat hand tightened and Yixing gripped my arm, which was a motion for 'keep still.'


    I looked up front as Woon Ha whispered something to Bo Yun and then pointed to Kris. She whispered something to him and pointed to Chen who was next to Kris. It went on like this and reached me. 
    "We are not going through the town, to dangerous. We are heading up north." Ji Sun whispers to me. I crinkle my nose as we pass a specifically gruesome seen of the corpses biting in to a screaming woman. I shuddered and blocked my brother's view again. I lean and whisper this news to Chanyeol and Yixing. They nod and gives what looks to be a non audible sighs. 


    Right as we are about to enter town we take a turn and go through woods which doesn't have much of the dead just yet. 
    We stop in a clearing that was about five miles away from town, to take a break and make a plan on what we are going to do. I plop down on the ground. Jung Hee, Chanyeol, Yixing, and Kyungsoo all sit near me, almost like we are our own little clique of survivors.


    "I'm so tired, and my feet hurt." Chanyeol whines. 


"Well take a nap if you're tired. I'll rub your feet for you." Baekhyun says dropping on the ground. Chanyeol looks at me.
    "Can I take a nap?" 


"A quick one, more like resting your eyes." He nods.


    "Baek rub my feet, please." Chanyeol requests. Yixing smirks but goes back to his same emotionless face. Baekhyun takes Chanyeol's shoes off and begins to massage them.


    "Ugh, their so stinky... So Ra?" He turns to look at me. I raise an eyebrow.


"I really am sorry about earlier. Please except my apology." He gives a small bow. 


    "It seems to be your personality, Oppa..." I say. He raises his eyebrows in shock.


"What's that suppose to mean?"


    "Just that you seem loud, and bossy, and a little annoying." 


"Aye, look here I'm not like that. Honestly I'm normally pretty nice." I look at Kyungsoo and Yixing.


    "Is this true?" They shrug.


"Well he is rubbing Chanyeol's feet." Jung Hee joins the conversation.


    "Yeah, yeah. See I'm nice sometimes." 


He nods eagerly. An idea pops in to my head and it's out before I even think of what I'm about to ask.


    "Then rub mine?" His eyes widen a little bit at the question. 


"What will you pay me?"


"Consider it your payment for what a you've been." He stops rubbing Chanyeol's feet. 


    "Heyyy!" Chanyeol complains. 


"Shut up, I owe her." He says and slides over in front of my feet. Taking off my right shoe, he immediately realizes that it's the nail foot. I wince a little and clutch my leg to my chest.


    "Ah, sorry." He says quickly and his hands flutter around a little while before patting my upper calf.


    "Never mind about that foot massage, just go get me some food." He gets up and walks to the duffel bag. 


    I put on my shoe and get up walk towards Woon Ha. I reach him while he was talking to Kris.


"Woon Ha?" He turns away from Kris. Kris walks away to join Tao, Sehun, Luhan, and Xiumin.


    "Yes?" I look in to his fierce eyes. I feel fear grow in my stomach.


"What's the plan?" He shrugs.


    "I have a place in Canada I want to go to." My jaw drops.


"Canada?!" He gives a curt nod.


    "Yeah, my hometown. It's north where it freezes during the winter, that'll slow down the... Zombies." My shoulders sag at the long journey we have in front of us. I walk away, but Woon Ha's voice stops me.


    "I have a map of it in Bo Yun's backpack." His shoulders shrug in Yun's direction. She is with Ji Sun, Chen, and Suho. I turn away and walk towards them. 


    "Oh, hello So Ra." Yun gives me a big smile. I stop in between Ji Sun and Bo Yun, uncomfortable around the boys. 


    "Hi," I say shyly. "Can I see your backpack, I want to see the map." She nods and twists to grab it.


    "Ji Sun tells us you are in track and have been offered scholarships for it." Suho says politely.


"Oh, yeah... Well did she tell you about her skills in martial arts?" He shakes.


    "No, how skilled?" 


"Well skilled enough to get offered scholarships too." I say nudging Sun.


    "Well I only got offered two, while you got offered around five." She says shrugging it off.


"That's still pretty amazing." Chen says. Suho agrees. 


    "I found it!" Yun raises her arm in the air then gives it to me. I open it up and realize that I don't know what town Woon Ha had been talking about. I turn back to talk to him.


     I walk the ten feet where he had been not five minutes ago. I hear rustling in the bush a couple feet away. Approaching it carefully I call Woon Ha's name softly.


    "Woon Ha? Woon Ha?" A sound comes from the bush. I get closer to see what's in it. It is Woon Ha, just bloodied up. I rush to his side.


    "No!" He gives the command in a gruff tone and sticks out his arm.


"One of those things found us. Get the others and go to Thunder Bay..." His voice is cut off by a scream of agony as the thing I hadn't seen earlier reappears and bites in to his chest. The others run behind me and look at the sad scene. Ji Sun pushes me out of the way but I grab her behind the back before she reaches her father.


    "Dad!!! Dad!!!" She screams at him. I feel her tears hit my hands as she struggles to get of them. 


    "Someone help me." I say and feel someone's arms wrap around both of us.


"Let go, I'll take her." I look up and see Chanyeol. I unwrap my vice like grip on her and move out of the way. He throws her over his shoulder and walks back to where our stuff is. I look at her flailing form. My eyes wonder to Bo Yun. Tears have filled her eyes but she is not moving from her spot next to Sehun. I walk to her.


    "Snap out of it." I shake her gently. "We need to get everybody together and go. Okay?" I look at the others. Sehun grabs her and drags her back to camp.


    "Alright you heard me. Get everything together." They nod and scamper off, all except my brother. He looks at Woon Ha with shock and fear. 


    "Jung Hee... Go and get my bat please." He starts shaking.


"You're not going to kill Woon Ha, are you?" 


    "No, but I will hurt the thing that got him." He nods and jogs off. I sigh and twist back to Woon Ha's body. The thing was feasting on his heart now. I watched in disgust. I give a violent shake as I feel a hand touch my shoulder. My head whips back. It was just Suho holding my bat.


    "I thought it was best for Jung Hee not to see that." His head jerks to the body. 


"Good thought," I take the bat. "I'd prefer if you didn't watch this." 


    "Well I was planning on helping you out, actually." He says revealing the axe he had hidden behind his leg. I give a confused look but don't decline the offer.


    I walk carefully to the bush, my bat ready to swing at anything in my way. The thing was now getting up and moving towards the clearing where all the noise is happening. It seems to be faster then the other ones as it almost jogs towards me. It gets three feet away from me when I feel frozen with the bat above my head. This was a person. I'm about to murder a person. The of the thing reach my ears. I snap back to my senses and see the thing is closer, but my body is still frozen. I hear a shift of footing from behind and Suho runs in front of me. He swings his axe and the head is swiped clean off. 


    "What the hell So Ra? He turns to me and yells. My body starts thawing. My mind starts thinking again.


    "I-I don't know..." My hands drop down to my side. He sighs and puts his hand behind his head.


    "It's fine, but just tell me what happened so I can make sure it won't happen again." I hear the still moving head moan. I shutter.


    "Let me tell you later. We need to get out of here first, before we have to smash his head in." I point towards Woon Ha. Suho nods and puts his hand on my back to herd me forward. Blush runs to my cheeks. 


    "Does everyone have their stuff packed." People were scattered everywhere. Chanyeol still held the sobbing Ji Sun. Sehun was motioning for Bo Yun to say something. Other then those few, everyone else was ready. I walk to Ji Sun.


    "Ji Sun we need to get going..." I say while patting her soft hair. She looks up from Chanyeol's shoulder, snot running down her face.
"Is he..?"


    "No, he's not one of them yet. We need to get going before he does though." She unhinges herself from Chanyeol.


    "I am so sorry. I ruined your clothes." She says still crying.


"Let me help you with your stuff." He says with a smile. 


    "Ok..." I pat her back.


"You need to hurry if we don't want to hurt him though." I walk away to Baekhyun and grab my backpack. Getting up I feel Baekhyun's stare on the back of my head. 


    "What?" I snap as I turn to face him.


"Well, I didn't think we'd lose someone so quick." Tears form in my eyes at these words. I walk away, but before I could get far his hand grabs mine.


    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude."


"You've been rude the whole time." I snap at him.


    "I don't mean to. I really don't." I look in his eyes. They are full of sincerity. I wiggle my hand until he lets go of it.


    "I understand, but please keep it to yourself if you're going to say something harsh." I try to walk away again.


    "Please give me another chance of being your friend." This shocks me and I stand still for a second to debate between my choices.


    "I think... I think I'll do it, I'll give you another chance." I turn to him and find him closer then I remember. He wipes the tears that have fallen out of my eyes and smiles. I give a half hearted one back. I turn back around to face the rest who have gathered in the middle of the clearing.


    "Alright, guys." I say silently clapping my hands together.


"Where are we going?" Sehun, who is still holding on to Bo Yun, asks.


    "Well I have a map on somewhere he wanted us to go." I say with a little hesitation looking for the map. I tap the pockets of my skirt. Oh crap. Where is it? I start feeling fiercely around my body for where I could've put it. 


    "So Ra?" Suho comes out from behind Chen and Luhan. 


"I lost it..." 


    "What did you lose?" He asks.


"The map. I lost the map!!!" I yell at them. 


    "What?!?!" Bo Yun yells at me. I stare at her. Startled by her sudden outburst. She charges toward me. Her hands close around my throat. She wasn't excreting pressure yet but from the fire in her eyes I could tell she couldn't hold back for much longer.


    "That was his! It was the only thing I had left of him! He had it for twenty-five years!" Her hands now were closing around my throat tighter and tighter. My breath caught. Why isn't anyone doing anything? I look at their faces. They were all as shocked as I was at Bo Yun's outburst. She seemed like such a calm, kind woman normally. Baekhyun was the first to move. 
    "Bo Yun!! Stop!!" He grabs her arms and tries to rip them off of me. My knees buckle and I start to fall. The rest snap out of it now and pry a screaming and struggling Bo Yun off of me. 


    "Mom! Mom stop!!" Ji Sun grabs her mother's hands. "Please Mom, for Dad!" They both start sobbing. Baekhyun helps me up.


    "You okay?" I give a cough but manage a 'yeah.' I keep my distance from the two of them. Suho, Chen, Kris, and Tao come next to me.


    "They're going to attract more of those." Kris says. 


"We need to get moving now." I say getting up. I stand up to fast and Suho has to catch me before I fall completely over. 


    "Well, everybody is in really bad condition..." Suho's eyes scan the clearing.


"If we don't get moving then the rest of you will be in bad condition too." I say. Tao gives a shiver. I look at him. He was the one who's carrying the big duffel bag now. 


    "I'm  not going with you." I look at Bo Yun. Her face was twisted and tears cascaded down it.


"Mom, we need to go." Ji Sun goes to stand next to her.


    "I'm not going with her. She could've stopped that thing from killing Woon Ha. I refuse to go." I look at her. 


    "Bo Yun, we can discuss this later. Just please come with me right now." She shakes her head. 


    "I'm not moving. Ji Sun it's me or them. You decide who you want to go with." Ji Sun looks at me, her eyes round. She pats her mother's back and walks to me. 


    "I'm staying with her, but just remember this." She reveals her wrist. One of the silver friendship bracelets we had bought hung around it. She takes my wrist and pulls down my sleeve to show mine. I gape at her.


    "But Ji Sun you can't just leave..." My vision was beginning to blur again. 


"I need to protect my mom. How about we meet in Thunder Bay?" Her eyes sparkle too. Hot wetness is running down my face. 


    "Yeah... Ok. Fighting!!!" I say grabbing her close to me. 


"We really need to stop crying so much." She gives a shaky laugh on my shoulder as I feel her keeping back sobs.


    "Yeah we do." I pull away and give a big smile. Tasting my tears I close my mouth but keep the smile. 


"Friends forever?" She asks.


    "Always." We turn away from each other. Our destinies no longer intertwined.