Blackness

Only The Strongest Survive

Ok, so I've been trying a new style. Sorry if you don't like how it's written. But thank you for all the love and support you've shown this so far <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 7- Blackness
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Who's turn is it to carry her?" Chen asks as he almost loses grip on So Ra's body. Baekhyun rushes to grab her right before she hits the ground. 


    "Not yours anymore." He mutters and puts her on his back. I tug on Kris's sleeve. "Why is Baehyun so defensive when it comes to her?" I whisper in his ear. He chuckles softly and sighs. "I think he likes her, that or he thinks of her as a sister." My eyebrows knit together. Kris pats my back, as if to say 'don't be so defensive, he's a cool guy." I pout.


    "What're you two talking about." Chanyeol comes between Kris and I. My pout turns in to a frown. Kris and I were becoming very close. He was my favorite guy here. Chanyeol ruffles my hair. I duck away from his hand.


    "What are you doing? Shouldn't you be helping Baekhyun?" I question him with a strict stare. He smiles wider. "Baekhyun would rather have her all to himself, I think." I grimace at his words. Kris punched Chanyeol's arm hard. He rubs it and starts complaining. 


    I make my way to Baek and So Ra. We, meaning Kyungsoo, had patched her leg up after killing all the zombies. There truly hadn't been many but it was hard listening to the bones cracking, and flesh being torn open as they ate the guys who had tried to kill Kris and I. Chanyeol had flung So Ra over his shoulder and Kris did the same with me. We ran back to the temporary stopping spot and gathered our supplies, took off, and haven't stopped moving since. 


    "You look like you're having a hard time." I say to Baek. He grunts and repositions So Ra again. "Maybe I could take her." Tao offers. 


"Guys I'm fine. She's heavy but I've got her." I glare at him as he laughs. He notices. 


    "What?" I raise my upper lip in disgust. 


"You think you're so funny." He laughs. 


    "I am funny, you know it, she knows it, all of EXO does." Flames rage inside me. How do you handle him, noona? I think to myself. Heading back to Kris I hear Suho and Baek arguing over who should take her next. 


    "You're back." He states. "I really can't stand him." Kris and Chanyeol laugh at my comment. "You'll get used to it. How did So Ra look?" Kris asks. I shrug. "I didn't really look. I was to scared I guess." Looking up to Kris I feel my eyes sting. "I wish I could've protected her, like you guys do." Chanyeol and Kris look at each other. 


    "She actually takes pretty good care of us, not the other way around." Kris nods along with Chanyeol.


    "Why?" I ask with curiosity burning through my mild composure. "I think maybe because she is a fan, but it could just be her personality." Kris says. I think back to all the times my sister had taken care of me, or our parents. 


    "One time when I was sick I remember her staying home from school since mom and dad were both gone on vacation. She feed me when I was to weak to move my arms. She read me stories, and played board games with me." I smile at the memory. "So in other words you're saying that protecting people is just in her nature?" Chanyeol sums up my words. I nod.


    "I'm just wondering, but who does she like the most out of all of us?" Kris asks. I think about who she talks about the most. "Kyungsoo, I think." Chanyeol claps his hands together, or tries but before the slapping noise is made, Chanyeol hits Kris's hand in between. This causes Chanyeol to break out in to laughter. Kris's other hand clamps over his mouth. I start giggling.


    "Why was this so relevant though?" Kris removes his hands. "Well it's obvious Baek has got a crush. Since it's not him, well I guess we'll see what happens." He gives a kind of a crooked smile.


    Chanyeol skips to Baek's side and talks with him. Grabbing So Ra from Baek he brings her back to us. "Look at the present I got." He says holding her towards me. Looking at her head wound I see that the band-aid is covered in blood. My face goes white. Suho glances at me then So Ra.


    "Guys we need to change her band-aid." We all stop and set a little bed up to put her on. Suho takes out the medical kit we packed. Chen takes the blood soaked band-aid off. I gasp as the wound seems to be pulsing out blood. I gag. 


    "I think she needs stitches." Chen says examining the wound. Suho nods and digs around in the medical kit until he finds the sterile needle and thread. Threading the needle he gets closer to her head.


    "Wait," I cry out. "do you not have any anesthetic we can give her?" Suho shakes his head. "She's knocked out so she really doesn't need any right now."  He says and plumes the needle through her flesh. I look away and puke on Tao's shirt.


    "Really? I liked the shirt too..." He sighs and takes off his shirt. He throws it in the woods and I see that he really is well shaped and has very defined muscles. So Ra would have fainted from the sight of him.


    "What are you looking at?" He scowls at me. I turn away muttering 'sorry.' So Ra stitches are almost done and I move back to her side. I grab her hand and count the stitches. Six, then seven, Suho finishes with eight of them. Suho backs up.


    "Done, hopefully she won't feel it while she's asleep." Suho says with a look of a worried mother.


    "What about the one on her leg?" Baekhyun asks. Suho blushes. 


    "I'd have to take off her pants though..." I scoff.


"Do you really think she wouldn't like EXO taking off her pants?" They all glare at me.


    "Well fine, I'll do it." Baekhyun steps up to the challenge. Oh god, So Ra is not going to like this. I say to myself. 


    He pulls up the skirt to reveal the black leggings. He grabs the waist band and starts to pull them down. 


    "Ah, wait, I'm her brother. Maybe I should do it." I say suddenly getting nervous for my sister. Baekhyun scoffs and continues his task. I gulp. She's going to kill me when she wakes up. He pulls her leggings down to her knees. Pulling her skirt to cover up her underwear he moves away and lets Suho look at the bullet wound.


    "It's still I'm there." He says examining it. 


"How the hell do we get it out?" I say starting to panic. Kris slaps the back of my head.


    "No swearing." I grunt.


"Well with these tweezers of course." He pulls them out of the case as if they are the cure to world hunger. My eyes sting and I grip So Ra's hand harder. Her eyes flutter.


    The blackness is filled with pain. The color red would suit the pain better, but I can't change the color. In fact I can't do anything. I'm completely paralyzed and vulnerable. 


    I know what happened. It's not like the movies where they describe not knowing what happened to them before the out. I remember every agonizing minute. I keep feeling the pain of when the bullet lodged in to my leg. 


    Swimming I try to analyze why I deserved what was happening to me. Why any of us deserved this life. It was almost certain we were going to die a painful death. Nothing we do could stop it, but still we kept fighting these things, fate, even. 


    A pressure is being put on my hand. First it's light and I could stand it, but then it grows stronger and so does the blackness. It doesn't make sense but the blackness seems to pulsate now. A light grows towards me. Not a white one, but a red one. I try to move my paralyzed limbs to the it, hoping for a release from this Hell. 


    Slowly my body comes back to life and I walk, swim, towards the light. I reach my hand, without the pressure on it, out to grip the light. It disappears and I move my whole body in to it. 
    I really wish I'd stayed in the darkness, because the pain, here in reality, was more excruciating then anything I'd ever experienced. I tried to swallow my scream, but couldn't manage and let out a choked out a sob. A stick was suddenly in my mouth. I look up and see a cold stare of Kris.


    "Bite on it, it's what pregnant woman do right?" I grip on to it with my mouth. The edge of my vision has a weird tint to it. 


    "So Ra hold on, okay?" A voice says to my left. I look at my brother who has tears streaming down his eyes. I nod and bit the stick harder. My canine teeth dig in to it.


    "I'm going to take the bullet out now." A soothing, monotone of a voice says. You haven't even taken it out yet?! I scream to myself. I feel another hand take my mine. I look to the side and see Baekhyun. He, too,seems to have tears in his eyes. 


    I grasp both of their hands tightly as pain shots through my whole body. A digging and wiggling sensation is happening to my thigh. Something is moving back out. I cry and sob as the pain takes me over again and I fade in to the black again. Not before I hear the words coming from Baekhyun's side though. "So Ra, you're okay! You're alive! I'm so, so happy! Please stay next to me as long as you can!" His voice sobs. Then I'm in the black agony again.