Bathroom break

Only The Strongest Survive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 6- Bathroom break
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Someone grips my arm with alarming strength. I look back, Kris's icy gaze meets me. I grow cold on the inside. He gestures next to him. My brother was beginning to get really squeamish. I keep going but lean back and to the side to talk to Jung Hee quietly. 


    "Something wrong?" He nods and wiggles his waist. I feel Kris sigh. It runs down my neck and I shiver. 


    "I know what's wrong. Can we stop for a while?" He whispers in my ear.


    "Fine." I murmur back to him. Holding out my arm; I make the whole group stop. Baekhyun gives me a questioning look. I shrug and cast my eyes to my brother. Kris leans down and says something in Jung Hee's ear. Hee nods and blushes a little. Kris straightens and walks toward me.


    "Bathroom." He explains in one word. I glare at Hee. The blush on his face almost glows in the fading light. I stomp, silently, over to him.


    "I told you to go before, didn't I?" I start my lecture. He nods.


    "Why didn't you go before, huh?" 


    "'Cause I didn't have to." He hisses back at me. I softly groan. 


    "Okay, I'm giving you fifteen minutes to go in the woods, pee, and comeback." He nods determinedly. He starts to scamper in to the woods before I grab his collar.


    "Bring someone with you." His eyes scan the boys. I could tell that as soon as I had said the words he had already decided. Hee was just doing it for drama.


    "Kris." He points. I slap his arm down and motion for Kris to come over. 


    "Take the kid pee, please." The command was clear, I just thought I'd be nice. He scoffs and nods.


    "Come on, Jung Hee. Let's go find a suitable tree for your pee." I almost gag. Kris smiles. He takes the lead and Jung Hee follows awkwardly in his elongated shadow. I lean against a tree and throw my head up to look at the artist palette of a sky. 


    The rays of sun left half the sky in a orange, yellow, pink, blended. The other was purples, and blues, scattered with little sparkles that we call stars. The moon is only half. I admire this beautiful sight for as long as I can. Why isn't this beauty taken away, when every other enjoyable thing is gone? My thoughts revolve around this until Chen interrupts me.


    "What are you thinking about? You look really sad." I look in to his sweet eyes. 


    "I am sad... The sky is pretty isn't it?" I look back up at it. He doesn't respond and I look down to see why. His eyes were searching mine curiously.


    "What?" I ask defensively.


    "Just, you look like you're in a dream when you look at the sky. It's very pretty, your face I mean." He says. My eyes grow wide. Knowing his trickster tendencies I start to get suspicious if he actually means it or not. Almost as suddenly as the conversation started it ended with Chanyeol jumping in.


    "Watcha' looking at So Ra?" Chen glares at him for interrupting. 


    "Isn't the sky pretty?" I say. Chanyeol looks up and gives a grin that could light up the night sky.


    "How do you notice these things?" His smile spreads to me. Looking at Chen, I see he tries to smile but fails when I cast a look behind him. The other two hadn't come back yet. 


    "What's taking them so long?" I mutter to myself. Pushing myself to a standing straight position, I walk to where the boys had gone. I wonder a little father in to the path. Hearing rustling a head I grip my bat and move cautiously forward. The rustling gets louder and louder as I proceed further and further. Chen is following me, although not very quietly. 


    Reaching the source I look around for the cause. My eyes skit across a clearing but move back when I see movement coming from it. There they were. Kris, Jung Hee, and five other people. Kris and Jung Hee were on their knees. Tear silently fell from Jung Hee's eyes. Looking closer I notice that they are held at gun point. I start moving but a hand covers my mouth and another grips my wrist.


    "I'll stay here. Go and get the group." He says yanking me backwards. Rage floods through me.


    "You go get them. I need to protect my brother." He shakes his head. His eyes say that he knows I'll do something stupid if I'm the one to stay. I frown but get up and sprint back to camp. Entering where the group was I say breathlessly, "Grab the weapons... Kris and Jung Hee... Trouble."  I point to the way I had come from. They all gather in a big group. Baekhyun and Suho next to me. 


    Running back to the clearing we sit next to Chen, who tells us that they have been interrogating them. Apparently Kris still hasn't given away anything, even though he's been punched in the stomach, face, and groin. Jung Hee continues to cry until one of the ambushers slap him. I start to get up but Suho immediately pulls me down shaking his head. Frustration fills me. An idea hits me suddenly.


    "Chanyeol, you are a pretty good shot right?" I whisper as quiet as I can to him. He shrugs. I nod.   


    "Okay, I have the hand gun. Luhan, Xiumin, I'm really relying on you for the knife throwing. We need to corner them one of us gets each person. Channie aim for the gun arm, same with you two." I whisper to them. 


    "Then, Baekhyun once we shoot them you need to hit the last one in the face with the shovel." He looks at me with a face that was questioning my sanity. He's about to say something when I cut him off.


    "I swear if you say you are to fabulous or pretty or so something like that I will rip that filthy sweater you're wearing." I point to the dirty EXO wolf sweater he's wearing.


    "I want to feel your skin against mine so it wouldn't be to bad when we are cuddling together to stay warm." He winks and I blush. 


    "Shut up." I mutter and move in to my position. Chanyeol, Luhan, and Xiumin get in their places. Baekhyun gets his shovel ready. I pull out the gun I kept in between my waistband of the leggings and skirt. I load it and turn safety off. Slow pointing it towards my target I put three fingers up and make sure the boys see it.


3...
2...
1...


    The gun fires hit the peoples arms and they fall to the ground. Knives strike the backs and arms of the other two. Baekhyun pops out from the bush and shovels the last guy in the face. He falls to the ground. Jung Hee and Kris struggle in the ropes. I hadn't seen before. I run for them and as I do I pull a knife from one of the guys backs to cut the rope. 


    "So Ra!" My brother calls my name sobbing. I get down to cut the rope tied around his hands. When they are cut he jumps and hugs me. Almost strangling me. 


    "They had us at gun point, Noona!" He sobs in to me. I comfort him. Kris gets up, Tao had cut him loose, and walks to us.


    "Looks like we are going to have to get going, unless we want to be caught again." I prompt Jung Hee to get up. He stands up slowly. Kris must've gotten sick of the slow pace and scoops Hee up in to a bridal style carry. We all laugh while Jung Hee complains. 


    Movement is heard all around us. All of us freeze as the first of the corpses enter the clearing. This time EXO and I all swear at the same time. The joking atmosphere quickly fades as we make a circle with Jung Hee in the center. Tao had grabbed Hee's katana and swung it at the zombie. The head rolled on the ground. Hee squeaked.     


    "So Ra to your left!" Suho shouts at me. It wasn't a corpse but one of the live people. He held the gun to my head. I saw his finger hesitate on the trigger. With that hesitation I quickly grabbed his arm and instead of my head it went through my thigh. The pain makes my sight turn red and I feel the sensation of falling. Hearing the thud of my head hit the ground is all I can comprehend as my vision goes black.
  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for such a short chapter, I've been having writers block and can't think of much for this.... Thank you for the love and support. Please continue to love my story in the future! <3 don't forget to upvote ;)