The Strike

Only The Strongest Survive

Sorry for taking so long on this chapter. Writers block killed my vibes. Here y'all go <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I let out a yelp of shock as Baek enters the room. Suho gives him a glare that would make any normal person back out of the room, but being Baekhyun of course he continues to walk to my side. Grabbing my wrist he tugs me forward. I yank it away.


“Don’t treat me like a doll. Tugging on me isn’t polite.” I look at his eyes. They are sparkling with something. Tears? I ask myself. He laughs my comment off. I watch the tears roll down his face. He swipes them away.


“Well we found the basement.” He says with excitement. Rhys pops up, suddenly alert. He leans in to my ear and whispers. “Don’t got down there. Please.” I raise my eyebrows at him.


“Why not?” His eyes are pleading as he answers my question.


“The dead. My brothers and other sister are down there.” Tears roll down his face from what was probably bad memories. I hold him against me.


“What?” Suho asks. I motion him to come forward so I won’t have to talk loudly and upset Rhys even more.


“Zombies in the basement. His siblings.” I whisper in his ear. Suho straightens; his ears and cheeks red. He looks troubled from the news though.


“Hmm?” Baek asks. Suho whispers the situation to him. Baek’s pity filled eyes go to Rhys. A snuffling noise is coming from my shirt. Rhys pulls away, snot and tears cover my chest. “If you go down there I’m coming.” We all look at him, shocked.


“But you just said you didn’t want to…?” Baek questions him.


“I want them to…” He struggles for words. “Be at peace. After they got bitten they told me to lock them down there.” He sobs into my shirts. I look at the two others. They nod.


“Alright. You do what you did with them for us. If, of course, it turns out like that.” Suho says with a deep saddening. Rhys nods. Suho walks over and ruffles Rhys’s hair. He crouches down next to both of us.“Good boy. Baek get the others.” Suho says.I feel an uneasiness coming from Baek; yet he still walks out of the room.
I start rocking Rhys again. His sobbing is calming down. Looking up he smiles at me. I’m shocked at the beauty this boy possess when he smiles.
“Where’d you come from?” He asks shyly. Memories of my house burnt to a crisp pop into my head. Pain shoots my heart. I smile for Rhys but I can tell it’s not fooling either of them.


“I came from a small town not far from San Fransico.” He turns to Suho and his head.


“South Korea.” He gives a painful smile. An urge takes over me. Taking one arm away from Rhys I put it around Suho’s shoulders. He just misses his family. He must be so worried about them.


Footsteps can be heard from the hall. I pull my arm away from Suho. Somehow it feels wrong to behave like that in front of the other boys. Lay is first but Sehun pushes past him.


When all the boys are in the room I ask. “Y’all know the story right?” They all nod. I think it through.


Do we really want to do this? Do we really need food this bad? Is it worth risking lives? The answer to all the questions, no matter how cruel, is yes.
“It’d be stupid if we all went down there. So four of us, plus Rhys, goes down. I’ll be one of them. Any volunteers?”


Sehun raises his hand. “I’m not injured, so it makes sense to go.”


Baekhyun takes a step. “I need to protect the lady.” He winks at me.


Suho grabs my hand. “Then so will I.” A glare filled with ice is passed between the two.
Jung Hee brings me my bat. I grip on to it.


“Rhys, honey, we have to do this now. Go with Chanyeol and pick out something from the tub.” I point where Chanyeol is. Chan gives a huge smile and holds out his hand. Rhys takes it shyly. Chan leads him to the bathroom where we found him.


I try to get up. My leg protests but I do manage to stand. I use the bat as a sort of cane. Suho’s hands hover around me incase I fall. I falter a little. Falling in to his arm I use it to push myself back up.


“You sure you can go?” Baek asks.


“Of course.” I hiss back at him. Truthfully I don’t think I should go. I needed to though. For Rhys.


Sehun comes over to me, bat in hand. “Don’t force yourself, Sora.”


I give him a smile. “I need to. For Rhys and for myself.”


Sehun pats my shoulder. I smile at his support. He really isn’t so sassy or as full of himself as I thought. He’s really quite… Sweet. I smile to myself.
Chanyeol and Rhys comeback from the bathroom. Rhys was carrying a hand gun and large knife. Chanyeol is handing something out to each of us. He gets to me and I see it’s a smaller hunting knife. I smile at his kindness. He smiles back ten times bigger then my own.


“If one of us… Doesn’t make it, we need to promise to kill that person if they get bit. Okay?” Suho asks for our agreement. He puts his hand in the middle. Other hands join his and soon all of EXO’s hands are on his. They look at Jung Hee, Rhys and I.


“You’re part of the family now.” I look at their radiant smiles. They have been through Hell and back these past couple of weeks and yet they are still able to emit such a smile. I feel a spark in my soul and know that, if I don’t make it out alive, my life would still have meaning to these people. I put my hand in. Rhys and Jung Hee follow.


“EXO fighting!!!” Our shout fills the air and I feel the spark explode and I smile at all of them, knowing our friendships are strong and we would happily die for one an other.


“Alright let’s get this show on the road!” Sehun says excitedly. I grab his arm.


“Don’t get too excited. We might just die.” For some reason the last part came out without me considering what I was saying. They all brush it off with laughter. I smile too.


We follow Rhys to the basement door. It’s barricaded and chained. Chanyeol and Suho carefully move the barricade of desks and bookshelves so not to make any noises that might disturb the residents below. We get the chains after a half an hour of soundlessly moving the other objects.


“Now how will we be getting around this?” Sehun asks. I pull a bobby pin out of my hair and wave it in his face. He gives a face that makes him look like he’s disappointed in himself. I giggle. Sticking the pin in the lock I wriggle it around a bit. I hear a click sound come for the lock. I turn to face the boys.


“I was never one to obey the ‘Do Not Enter’ signs.” They look at me with shock. Welcoming me to the basement was blackness. I put my finger to my lips to signal silence. Stepping on the first stair I carefully lean my weight on it. No creaking. A little stress left my shoulders. I continued down the stairs. Reaching the bottom I wave for the rest to follow.


Once they were all downstairs I organized us in a line. It was me, then Rhys, Baekhyun, Sehun, and then Suho. I cautiously took a step foreword.
A wetness filled my shoe. Shivering I hold out my arm. I look back at them and wave at the floor then put my finger to my lips. They seem to get the jest of it. I slide my foot foreword a slight rippling sound was heard. I clench my mouth but move forward.


We must’ve only taken five steps before the first moan was heard. I hear everyone in a breath.
By now our vision was adjusted to the darkness and I could just make out how truly big this basement was. It seemed to be the size of a small house. Along the walls were shelves holding everything from paper to what looked like eyes.


Splashing is heard from the back of our line. Then a sound of metal tearing in to flesh. I twirl around and squeak Suho’s name. A clumsy step came from the front of me. I turn back to my front to find a girl’s torn face and bitten up body. Those bites aren’t animals… I think to myself. The girl dives for me so I swing my bat. Crack of a skull. A body hitting the water.


“Guess the gig is up.” Suho laughs. I bend down to ask Rhys where a light switch is when I see something fly at Sehun. He lets a quick whimper but stays on his feet and hits the corpse with his bat. It flies against the wall. Baek and Suho were to busy fighting off the last of Rhy’s siblings to notice how Sehun was attacked.


“Where is a light source?” I ask Rhys. I’d take care of Sehun later. In answer to my question Rhys reaches a hand up and pulls a string. Weak white light fills the basement. I cover Rhys’s eyes before he can see his sibling insides splattered across the room. I hear another crack of bones and see Baek and Suho finishing off the last one. I grab Baek’s hand as he comes to my side.


“Take Rhys. Let him carry some food but don’t let him see this.” I move my neck at the carnage. He nods and takes Rhys’s hand.


“Grab the food and go.” I command. They rush towards the end of the basement. I look around for other supplies. A canister catches my eye. I jog to it. Lifting it up I smell it. Fuel. There were hundreds of the things lying around. I choke on my own breath. This wasn’t just water. I turn to yell at the boys. Sehun lay there on the fuel soaked floor bleeding to death. From a bite in the neck.


“I’ve got the food!” I heard them yell. I motion for them to go upstairs; covering up his body while they run by.
They do not seeing what happened to Sehun. He gives a faint cough and opens his eyes. Grabbing for my hand he says, “I’ve had so much fun in my life. Why does it have to end here, Sora?”


Blinking away tears I respond. “I don’t know. You’re so young you don’t deserve this.” He chuckles then coughs again.
“At least I can tell God I met the best looking people in the world these past couple of years.” Lifting my head I let out a laugh.
Sehun’s voice grows weak as he says his next words. Bringing my head down I look at his sad eyes. Watching the life drain from them.
“I was bit. Stab me. So I know I died with a friend.” He grips my hand harder. I lean down and sob into his chest.


“Don’t let me become one of those pitiful things.” I nod. He lifts my head from his chest and hands me his knife. I feel the blood and fuel-water on my face as he my face.


“We are one. We are family. I love you all.” Still holding his hand I do what he told me. I rise up with a weak body and heart.


I stumble around the basement looking for what would be the best way to make sure he never came back. Finally finding it I grip it. Grabbing remaining food that the others were not able to grab I move to his body. Striking the match box several times to insure the fire would eat up this place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It killed me to write the end. T-T sorry to the Sehun stans. I hope you enjoyed and I'll be back as soon as possible, till then please vote and comment. Commenting especially. Bye-Bye.