Camping Trip (OT12)

Once Upon a Never

Title: Camping Trip
Pairing: OT12
Genre: comedy/drabble
Rating: PG
Word Count: 1276
Summary: Suho regrets everything and Kris wants the galaxy

 

It was the beginning of their week off and the whole group was sitting in the common room of their dorm. Sehun and Jongin were asleep having exhausted their endless supply of energy last night with a three hour long pillow fight. It only really ended after Kyungsoo stormed into their room and grabbed Jongin muttering something under his breath that sounded murderous. Kris was taking up the couch, his two feet dangling off one end, the rest of him curled up on the green, moss colored couch. They were all sitting around, bored out of their minds, listening to music and trying not to piss each other off too much. 

Suho walked in, or rather, pranced in excitement on his face. “Guys!” he announced and everyone turned to stare at him. “Guys, we’re going camping!”

Kris spoke up first, lifting his head up off the couch to stare at Suho with disbelief in his eyes. “I thought you said we were going to the galaxy.”

Yixing pulled out his earbuds and yawned. “No, I thought we were going to visit Baekhyun’s grandmother’s house.”

"Can’t I just sleep," Luhan muttered under his breath before curling back into a ball inbetween Sehun and Jongin.

"We’re going camping and that’s that," Suho admonished. "Now go get packing. We’ll be there for one night and we’re leaving in-" he glanced at his watch. "-an hour."

Mumbling and grumbling, all twelve turned to go back to their rooms and pack. 

~~~

forty five minutes later.

~~~

Luhan stumbled out of the kitchen lugging a backpack full of what seemed to be ramyun. “Luhan did you bring extra underwear?” Suho asked doubtfully, only to have Luhan stare at him in confusion.

"Did we need to bring clothes?"

At that moment Tao fell out of his room, a large suitcase clutched in his hand. Suho felt like crying.

"Tao, we’re only going to be there for one night, you know that right?"

Tao shook his hair out of his eyes before grinning at Suho. “Oh no, SUho, I know that. My other suitcase is still in there!” So saying, he ran back into the room appearing moments later with yet another large suitcase. 

Finally everyone was outside in the common room, Luhan had grudgingly put some of the snacks back in order to fit in underwear and clothes. Zitao had managed to squeeze everything in one suitcase, and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol had rounded up some pots and pans for dinner. 

They trooped outside to where two large cars were waiting (you can tell i did my research). “Kris, Kyungsoo you two are driving” Suho decided. 

"WHat," Chanyeol whined, "No, I want to drive." Baekhyun smacked the taller male before dragging him into a car. Sulking, CHanyeol climbed in after him. 

"Everyone in," Suho demanded, feeling fatigued even though they were still a few feet away from home. At this rate, he would be half asleep when they started pitching the tents and unraveling the sleeping bags. 

Everyone filed into the vans (after a few minutes of wrestling with Tao’s suitcase) (and Jongdae’s duffel bag split into two) (and Yixing remembered that he didn’t bring a sleeping bag) and off they drove. It was only fifteen minutes later after a phone call that everyone realized they had left XIumin behind. Driving back, they found XIumin standing at the front door, arms crossed, a scowl on his face. 

"I realized you were gone!" Jongdae exclaimed trying to make Xiumin feel better.

"YOu just never said anything," Xiumin snarled back, climbing into the van. JOngdae didn’t say anything, settling for handing XIumin a lollipop and using Xiumin’s arm as a pillow. 

~~~

They finally arrived at the campgrounds at around 5 o’clock and everyone spilled out of the cars. 

"Attention" Suho yawned and pouted when no one payed attention. "ATTENTION" he shouted and finally everyone turned to stare at him, XIumin glaring at him (since he stood the closest to Suho and therefore became half deaf at the sudden outburst). "We have 6 tents so I already chose pairings for everyone…" he tapered off when everyone glared at him. 

"Well, I hope you paired me with Baekhyun," Chanyeol finally muttered grabbing the shorter one’s arm.

"I don’t wanna sleep in the same tent as you," Baekhyun whined halfheartedly but nevertheless let himself be led off to a clearing. 

"I didn’t realize we’d actually be camping" Tao lamented. "I thought we were going to live in one of those small cabin things they show on tv!"

"I’m with Jongin!" Sehun exclaimed before a blond individual named Luhan dragged him away. 

"No he’s not, he’s coming with me." Luhan shouted over his shoulder. Sehun let himself be dragged looking confused. 

Xiumin got dragged away by JOngdae, the younger boy muttering, “I need my baozi pillow” under his breath” and Kyungsoo and Jongin set off to pitch their own tent too. A scowling Tao dragged Kris off, until only Yixing was standing in front of Suho.

"Who was I paired up with?" Yixing asked sleepily, looking around him in a dazed manner.

"Me," Suho sighed. He really wanted to room with Kris and have the taller male set the tent up for them, and he could see Tao and Kris on the other side of the campground. Tao was rummaging through his suitcase while Kris was singlehandedly putting the tent up, looking bored. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun somehow managed to tear a huge hole in the middle of their tent and Suho prayed for everyone’s sake that it wouldn’t rain. Kyungsoo and Jongin had their tent half set up with JOngin doing most of the labor work while Kyungsoo shouted instructions. Sehun and Luhan seemed the most efficient with their tent set up and ready. JOngdae was sitting on top of the pile of tarp that was supposed to be their tent while Xiumin was scolding him. This was not the ideal vacation Suho had been hoping for. 

"Come on XIng," Suho cried, faking excitement. "Lets go set up our tent, okay?"

"Did you bring it?"

"No…. did you?"

Yixing yawned. “Can we sleep in the car instead?” 

From across the clearing Tao shouted out, “I want to sleep in the car too!!”

~~~

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were in charge of cooking (with Jongdae trying to help out, resulting in a burnt duffel bag (Yixing’s bag)). After that incident, Xiumin was in charge of entertaining of Jongdae while the rest of the group fed the fire and brought water from the pump. Soon the air was filled with thesweet aroma of burnt meat and shish ka bobs.

"This is delicious!" Baekhyun cried, surprised. He nudged Chanyeol with his elbow while biting down into a mushroom. "Who knew you could cook, Channie?"

Chanyeol shrugged and no one could tell whether the red flush that creeped up his neck was from the heat of the fire or embarrassment. (It was embarrassment).

It was almost midnight when Suho realized the time and ushered everyone into their tents.

"Hey Kris!" Suho called out right before Kris climbed into his tent. 

Kris poked his head out. “Yeah?”

Suho gestured towards the sky which was clear and for once not obscured by tall buildings. “There’s your galaxy.”

Suho wasn’t sure but he thought he saw a smile flicker onto Kris’s face through the dim lighting provided by the fire. 

"Go to bed Suho," Kris groaned and Suho laughed trekking towards the car where he and Yixing would be sleeping. "Night Suho."

"Night Kris."

~~~

End?

~~~

 

a/n: this was for an anon on tumblr-- i didn't really go back and read it over or edit it, so please tell me if you find any mistakes!