Favorite Plushie (Kaisoo)

Once Upon a Never

Domestic AU Kaisoo because I'm tired~
And for Lily because I miss talking to you and I know you love Kaisoo~

 

 

Title: Favorite Plushie
Pairing: Kaisoo
Genre: fluff/ domestic au
Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 772
Summary: Kyungsoo loves cuddling with his favorite plushie

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up scrunching his eyes shut as sunlight streamed in filtered strips through the window. Eyes still shut, he wriggled around in his cocoon of blankets, frowning slightly as one of his dozen teddy bears dropped to the ground with a plop. Blindly searching around the bed, he frowned even more when he couldn't find his favorite plushy. Cracking an eye open, Kyungsoo blearily glanced around the bedroom. A few of his beloved teddies were now on the ground, courtesy of the tickle war Kyungsoo lost yesterday and a pair of black socks that didn't belong to him sat in a small pile near the doorway. 

Outside the bedroom, down the hallway from the kitchen came a soft shuffling of feet and the bittersweet aroma of freshly broiled coffee. Groaning slightly, Kyungsoo stumbled out of bed and down the hallway, clad in the large white tshirt he had put on last night for bed and boxers. He found Jongin in front of the stove looking perplexedly at the cookbook in his hands. Smothering his own laughter Kyungsoo trodded over to where Jongin stood and wrapped his arms around the younger man, sighing in content at the sudden infusion of warmth.

Kyungsoo grinned into Jongin's back as the younger male jumped in surprise and leaned more into Jongin's back as he relaxed. "Morning" Jongin greeted, voice raspy from lack of use. "You're finally awake sleepyhead?" Kyungsoo grunted in response peering at Jongin's neck in fascination before planting soft, open mouthed kisses on the soft unblemished skin delighting in the supressed gasps Jongin made. 

"What are you making?" Kyungsoo murmured finally relenting on his attack of Jongin's neck, proudly noting the small purplish bruises that paraded around the dark creamy skin. 

"Eggs," Jongin replied somewhat breathlessly. "Omelets. The only thing I can really make." Kyungsoo hummed in agreement remembering that one Valentines Day Jongin almost burned down the house trying to give Kyungsoo the most delicious breakfast-in-bed. It turned out to be the most memorable at least. 

Unwinding his arms, Kyungsoo padded over to the cupboard and pulled out two platters, one decorated with Winnie the Pooh and the other sporting Tigger's famous grin and placed them on the countertop next to Jongin. Yawning, he pulled over a chair before searching for two chipped mugs in the topmost cabinets in their kitchen. Finding them, he climbed down from the chair and over to the sink, rinsing out the two mugs before padding over to the coffee machine and inhaled the warm bitter steam that tumbled out. 

"One cream and no sugar?" he prompted; it was more of a statement than a question, and Jongin nodded in affirmation. In his own cup he stirred in two spoonfuls of that organic sugar Baekhyun brought them the other day and no cream. 

Finally the omelets were done; Kyungsoo's omelet full of cheese and little pieces of broccoli and Jongin's omelet was stuffed with sausage. Jongin carried the two plates over to the small oak table and Kyungsoo brought over the two cups of coffee, smiling at the familiarity of this scene. 

"Can we go back to bed after breakfast?" Kyungsoo murmured through bites of egg and Jongin nodded, taking a gulp of coffee. Finally the dishes were cleared and Kyungsoo wrapped his fingers around Jongin's wrist pulling him back into the bedroom. Jongin toed off his black socks and pulled the white tshirt off, throwing it onto the large pile of laundry sitting near the closet. "We should do laundry" Kyungsoo remembered as he slipped under the sheets and into Jongin's arms. 

"We should," Jongin hummed, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo and pulling the blankets around them. 

Kyungsoo cracked a single eye open, humming in content as Jongin cuddled with him. Somehow without him noticing, Jongin had managed to kick all of his dozen teddy bears off the bed, soft plops as each one dropped onto the ground. 

There were now two piles of black socks that didn't belong to him sitting in the doorway and all of his teddies were on the ground except for one. Outside the bedroom, down the hallways the bittersweet aroma of coffee lingered in the kitchen along with the smell of cooked omelets. The filtered sunlight continued to stream through the windows brightening up the small room and Kyungsoo snuggled closer to his favorite plushy.

As his eyes drifted shut Kyungsoo snuggled into the crevice between Jongin's chin and his collarbones and whispered "you're my favorite plushy. I love you."

The last thing he heard before falling back asleep was Jongin's chuckle, raspy from sleep and "I love you too.."

 

 

Wow the fluff-