Congrats (Kaisoo)

Once Upon a Never

Short drabble for tumblr anon

Title: Congrats
Pairing: Kaisoo
Genre: fluff; bandau
Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 868
Summary/Prompt:
Hey could you do a kaisoo fic whereby jongin forgot to congratulate soo on his win for the best new actor award and soo got sad but jongin made it up to him?

 

Jongin barely has time to blink before the door is slammed in his face and the click sounds from inside where Kyungsoo locked the door. He turns helplessly towards Joonmyun who’s reclining on the couch in the living room. 

"Hyung," he whines, slumping into the living room and burying his face into the remarkably ugly pillows. "Kyungsoo won’t talk to me," he grumbles, voice muffled. Joonmyun sighs, rubbing his forehead wearily. 

"Have you congratulated Kyungsoo on his new actor award?" Joonmyun has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing as realization hits Jongin. Hard

Jongin begins laughing, shoulders slumping over in relief. “Is that it? Why didn’t he say so?”

Joonmyun shakes his head in pity as Jongin happily bounces back to where Kyungsoo is holed up. He only laughs a little bit when Jongin comes back half an hour later, lip quivering.

"He won’t talk to you?" Joonmyun is positive his cheek is bleeding from where he’s biting to hold in chuckles. 

Jongin glares at the ugly cushions. “Why is it such a big deal,” Jongin scowled petulantly. 

Joonmyun forgoes biting his cheek as Kyungsoo shrieks from inside the room, "I heard that Kim ing Jongin,” and Jongin face pales considerably. He realizes he hasn’t laughed this hard since Baekhyun kicked Chanyeol, , out of their room with a rage of shriek, a few weeks after debut. 


"I don’t see why I’m helping you" Sehun mumbles sleepily as they all gather around in the ty excuse of a room that happens to be Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s room. ("How do you manage to make such a mess when the housekeeper just came in?” Suho had shrieked). The youngest quiets as Jongin shoots a deadly glare at him.

Jongin’s eye circles can now rival the maknae in EXO-M’s, there from several nights of sleeping on the couch. 

They all manage to find some corner to settle in while Baekhyun hurriedly shuffles things into large piles and Chanyeol inconspicuously checks the bedsheets for stains. 

As soon as everyone quieted, Jongin stood up in the center of the room and gazed around the room seriously. “Kyungsoo hyung won’t talk to me,” he blurted out before hurriedly sitting down, ears red withs shame. 

"What did you do this time," Chanyeol snickered while Sehun just yawned with indifference. 

Jongin scowls at Chanyeol in annoyance. “I forgot to congratulate him on his best actor award,” he mutters. “And you guys are going to help or not.”

Joonmyun sighed as Jongin stuck his bottom lip out petulantly like a child. This wasn’t what he had in mind when he agreed to be the leader of exo k. “We’ll help” he butts in before Sehun can add some snarky remark. “Of course we’ll help you Jongin. What do you have in mind.”


"I can’t believe I’m wearing this," Sehun deadpans as soon as Jongin walks through the door.  "I look like cotton candy."

"You hair makes you look like cotton candy anyways," Jongin retorts dismissively before walking around to check if everything was prepared. 

"You look great," Joonmyun sighs as the maknae’s eyes begin to water, lip wobbling precariously. 

"No you don’t," Chanyeol snickers from the side and thankfully Sehun is too immersed in the chocolate kisses scattered around the dance floor.


Jongin in a breath as the door creaked open, a sliver of light creeping into the dark room. A sharp intake of breath and a muttered curse as Kyungsoo stumbles around for the light switch. And the shocked look on Kyungsoo’s face as the light flickers on.

"Kim Jongin-"

"Hyung, i love you!"

"-what the , you could have just apologized."

The other members file out of the practice room, shooting a range of dirty looks to congratulatory glances to the dancer who’s sulking in the corner next to his makeshift “award”. Kyungsoo sighs, running a hand through his hair, taking in the practice room. Chocolate kisses are littered over the floor and he internally groans about how he’ll be the one to clean it up. There’s some gauze hanging across the mirrors, draping artistically in some areas and hastily taped on in others. The “award” next to Jongin is made of a bunch of toothpicks stuck together diligently with hot glue.

"Jongin."

A small sniffle was the only response he got.

Kyungsoo sighed, kneeling down to where Jongin was huddled. “Jongin. Look at me. I’m not mad about this.”

Jongin slowly lifted an arm to show off a sliver of his face. “But you’re still mad at me and you won’t talk to me  and hyung i miss you.” 

Kyungsoo grinned as Jongin slowly unraveled from his arms to finish his little outburst. “I know.”

"You knew I missed you and you still wouldn’t talk to me?" Jongin asked incredulously. "Hyung you’re so mean."

Kyungsoo shrugged, sitting down next to Jongin. “I guess I am.” 

Jongin immediately wrapped himself around Kyungsoo, pulling the smaller man into his arms. “Hyung?” he muttered voice muffled into Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"Congrats on your best actor award thing," Jongin whispered sheepishly. "I love you?"

Kyungsoo let out an exasperated sigh before burrowing his own face into Jongin’s chest. “I love you too.”