it killed me but i survived and now i'm coming alive

The Wedding Planner
 
There are times in life where you just want to bury yourself because you're caught in the most uncomfortable situation - example: tripping in front of your crush, shouting the wrong answer in confident, or being the wedding planner for your first live's wedding.
 
“The moment Taemin showed us your project I knew you were the one!” Krystal said as she looked at me with hopeful eyes. I awkwardly smiled at her and glanced at Taemin who was holding my hand.
 
His fingers were tapping my palm, making me feel at ease somehow. “Well...” I started.
 
“Krys, I don't think Sulli can be our wedding designer...” I stared at the man in front of me. His eyes bored into mine - it was dilated, his orbs were very black, and it was emotionless. “She has a lot of clients. She can't do it. I don't think she'll still have the power to do so...” He continued.
 
Is he implying something? We've been done ages ago! Is he trying to say I'm not professional enough?
 
I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I my bottom lip and smiled at them, “I'll do it.” I said with a teasing smile plastered across my face.
 
“What?” I heard Jongin mumbled.
 
Taemin squeezed my hand and looked at me, “You sure, angel? I don't want to see you having a hard time.” I smiled and cupped Taemin's cheek with my free hand.
 
I leaned in and peck the corner of his lips, "You were the one who brought us all together. I can manage. Besides you're here and I know you won't leave me." I smiled and stole a quick glance at Jongin.
 
His hands were formed into fist. His orbs were very black and his jaw was clenched.
 
“How sweet. You two should get married soon too.” I heard Krystal chimed. I chuckled and gave her my calling card,
 
“We should discuss the contract and details on my office. Just tell me whenever you’re free. And right now let's just have a little chit chat so we can get to know each other. Since Taemin have been yapping everyday on how much he wanted me to meet his best friend.” I laughed and leaned back as I drank the juice in my glass
 
“That's a great idea, angel.” Taemin pecked my head and smiled.
 
“Is Sulli your real name?” Jongin suddenly asked. I blinked and smiled at him.
 
“Jinri's my real name. Sul means snow and Li means a pearl flower. It means a small flower but with a strong vitality.”
 
“When did you change your name?”
 
“When I met Taemin... I knew I just wanted to change my life.” I smiled gently and looked at Taemin who was also looking back.
 
He smiled ever so gently and I just wanted to kiss those precious lips of his. His hazelnut eyes were so beautiful... I can stare at it all day.
 
“How did you two meet?” Jongin interrupted. My gaze turned back to him. His face was expressionless but I knew at some point he was annoyed.
 
Is he annoyed that I'm being sweet with Taemin or is he annoyed by the fact that I said yes to Krystal?
 
“I was drunk and he kinda saved me.” I chuckled.
 
Krystal looked at us in awe and gave as a wide grin. “You guys are so cute.”
 
“What about you? Is Kai your real name and how did you met Krystal?” I asked. I saw him smirked a little.
 
From the looks of it he might probably thinking that I really care. Which I don't – well, let's say I'm curious as well.
 
“Kai is a nickname back then in middle school. We met in states.” He said.
 
I saw Krystal pouted. She leaned in and whispered in his ear, but it was still loud enough for us Taemin and I to hear, “You’re just going to tell it like that?” she mumbled, in which Jongin replied with a, “I don’t remember much. You know that.”
 
Earning a light slapped in his arm from Krysta..
 
Taemin and I chuckled. “You guys are really cute.” I told them and Taemin nodded in agreement.
 
I saw Jongin frowned a bit and it made me blink. I mean why would he? If he said that to Taemin and I, I would sternly agree.
 
Krystal laughed and suddenly held my hand; “I like you we should go shopping together.” she chimed.
 
My phone suddenly vibrated from my pocket. I stood up and excused myself, telling them I'll just go to the restroom.
 
As I walked inside the bathroom, I opened my phone and saw a text message.
 
From: Sehunnieee~
 
You never asked who Kai was.
 
I gritted my teet and suddenly began dialing this punk's number.
 
“Yahhh!! Why didn't you told me?” I asked while my free arm found it's way across my chest. I pouted waiting for Sehun to respond.
 
“What would you even do if I told you? And why are you even asking?” Sehun's voice sounded muffled and rough. He might have just woken up… at 2:30 in the afternoon.
 
“Well…” I pressed my lips into a line, tryingto find the right excused. I can hear Sehun's foot step through the line so I pressume he's currently walking. “I just feel the need to.” I answered.
 
I can hear him drinking water, each gulps he takes makes me feel so uneasy. “Why are you suddenly asking about this anyway?” his voice became stern and much more awake when he replied.
 
I cleared my throat and breathe deeply. “I'mwithjonginandhisfianceandI'llbetheonedesigningtheirweddingokbye” I said in a very fast matter, hoping, just hoping he didn't get what I said.
 
“Wait- wha...”
 
“Love you, bye!” Without even letting him finish I hung up. I will get a serious preach the moment we meet each other. I blew a raspberry and checked myself before going out.
 
As soon as I went out a strong hand held my arm. It was Jongin.
 
“Hey. Let go it hurts.” I whined as I try to pull my arm back.
 
“Why did you agree?” he said, his voice sounded so cracked and frustrated.
 
“Jongin, this is my job and you saw how much your fiance wanted me to agree.” I yanked my arm and began to rub it.
 
“But she doesn't know about-”
 
"Us?" I looked at him and his eyes soften. He looked lost.
 
“Taemin doesn't know too. I'm not planning to tell anyone, Jongin. What we had is in the past and will stay as it is. I will not let any personal issues get in the way of my job. So, please excuse me.” I tried to push him away but he just wouldn’t budge.
 
“You can’t do this Jinri.” He mumbled. His eyes were lock on me and I couldn’t look at his dark orbs. My head was facing down – I don’t want to look at his face.
 
“Why Taemin hyung? Are you doing this on purpose? Don’t even think of getting Krystal in this.” His voice was calm but he said it so sternly. He was mad. ​
 
“What do you mean I’m doing it on purpose?!” I finally looked at him. “I never knew about you and Taemin. If you think I’m doing this for revenge then, no. We broke up 3 years ago, Jongin, 3 freaking years ago. I moved on! I’m not the weak girl you used to know – I grew up, Jongin. I grew stronger than you think.” I bit my lower lip as I tried to calm myself, “And I want to thank you for making me the woman I am now.” And with that I walked away, leaving him dumbfounded.
 
The look on his face - he seemed like a lost puppy. I've seen that face before. It was when he broke up with me.