your lips forever the name on my lips

The Wedding Planner

 

Jinri sighed as she re-read the text that was sent by Soojung earlier. It wasn't fair that Soojung took a wrong route, it wasn't fair that Soojung got stuck in a heavy traffic, it wasn't fair that Jongin wasn't with Soojung, and it wasn't fair that she'll be stucked with Jongin… alone until Soojung comes back.

“Hey. Got Soojung's text?” Jongin greeted as soon as she went inside her office. He has two cups of coffee in his hands which Jinri wasn't very surprising for Jinri.

“Slept late, doll?” He greeted while he gave her a can of warm coffee.

“Thanks, baby. I help dumbhun finish his thesis.” She groaned and opened the coffee — gulping it in one shot.

“But Mrs. Lee gave us like a one month due to do it.”

“Exactly.” Jinri laughed as she wrap her harms around Jongin giving him a quick peck on his lips.

She massaged her temple and groaned a little.

“ Slept late, Jinri?” Jongin asked while he slowly pushed the cup of coffee in front of her.

“I helped Sehun sign his paper works.” Jinri took the coffee and drank a little while she search for Soojung and Jongin's wedding files.

“You forge his signature for him? Don't department always give us a month due?” Jongin chuckled before he drank his.

“Exactly.”  She replied with a soft voice. No expressions — just a plain poker face while she opened their files.

Jongin looked at her hoping for something — the same face from the past but none could be found.

“Jinri?”

“Yes?”

“You said we could be friends, right?”

“I know.”

“Then can you tell me the truth… Before I left you; what happened?”

Jinri stopped reading the file and looked at him. “What do you mean?”

“Sehun said something to m-”

“Sehun is stupid. I can't believe you actually listen to whatever he said. Soojung should be here. I'll come back when she's already here.” She stood up and closed the file. Jinri grabbed her bag and was about to walk out of the door only to be stopped by Jongin.

“Why can't you tell me?” 

Jinri looked at him with an intense glare before pulling her arm away from him.

“Jongin, before you broke up with me I saw my mom in the grocery… with a kid calling her 'mommy' while a man had his arm around her waist.” She bit her lower lip while as tears formed in her eyes.

“While the thing the I only thing I get is a note with a money on it that says, 'Here's your allowance for the month, Jinri. Love, Mom.' Isn't that fair?”

“Jinri, I-” Jongin tried to hold her but she just stepped away.

“And right after I saw that you called me. You said, 'Jinri, I need to talk to you. Meet me at the park.' So, I went to the park. Then when I got there the very first thing you said to me is, 'I'm breaking up with you. I'm going to USA to study'  so, I pleaded to you. I begged that we can still work this out but you said we can't long distance relationship never last… then you left.”

“I'm so sorry. Jinri, only if-”

“Jongin, I was broken! You didn't know how broken I was. I thought I couldn't live without you and I wanted to die because I was so miserable. Then here you are going back, engaged, and trying to ruin how perfect my life is. I thought it'll be okay… I thought I got over it… but no! I still feel the pain you left. It's… It's frustrating because I love Taemin, and you, I love you Jongin and I think I always will but you don't make me happy like he does. Taemin, he's… he makes me happy.” Tears suddenly burst in her eyes. It wouldn't stop and she couldn't barely breathe.

She hated how weak she is, she hated it more than Jongin was here to witness it.

Suddenly she felt strong arms holding her tightly and a familiar warm lips were pressed against her own.

Jinri didn’t know what to do —she missed the feeling of his lips but it was wrong, not because they were both engaged to other people, but because the feeling was wrong. She didn't feel anything in her heart, she only felt his lips.

“I left because our company was going bankrupt… I left you because I was in an arranged marriage and it's with Soojung.” He mumbled against her lips when the door suddenly opened.

Without a second Jongin found himself against the wall — Taemin holding his collars, “What the hell do you think you're doing?!”

Soojung gaped and looked at Taemin who was snarling at Jongin, and Jinri who was trying to stop Taemin.

Jinri turned around and her eyes met Soojung's.

“I-- I need to go.” Soojung mumbled dropping the cupcakes she bought earlier.

“Soojung, wait!” Jinri shouted before running after her.

Taemin put down Jongin when he saw the two girls run away. He growled angrily and sighed while looking at Jongin, “How could you do this?”