hard but easy

The Wedding Planner

 

It was awkward, so awkward that Jinri could die. Soojung was in front of her — she was quiet while looking down at her mug. She wasn't the usual cheery girl that Jinri met.

“Soojung-”

“You know Jinri, I'm not mad at you and Jongin. I'm just… I think I'm just disappointed at myself. I mean, after all those years I thought I've finally got Jongin to fell for me.”

“Soojung, I'm so sorry. I didn't told you the truth… and-”

Before Jinri could finish, Soojung cut her words again. Soojung held her hands and smile sadly, “Maybe the reason why Jongin didn't loved me is because… I didn't love him as well.” She chuckled lowly as she looked down.

“Because Jinri… I'm still in love with Junmyeon. And I- ” Soojung looked at her again as tears formed under her eyes. “It's okay... I'll tell my mom to cancel the wedding and I'll handle what will happen between our families. After all I'm still the heiress, I can do something about this business partner thing.”

Jinri squeezed Soojung's hand before placing her free hand on the shorter one's cheek. Jinri smiled and wiped the tears under her eye, “You're a good person, Soojung. ”

 

□ □ ■ □ □

 

Taemin tapped his foot while looking at the door. He was at a café where he and Jinri would always eat —looking around he remembered their first date. Jinri would fiddle her fingers and get shy constantly whenever he smiled at her. The first time he heard her laugh and the first time he decided that he likes to hear her laugh every day.

The door creaked open and there was Jongin. Taemin smiled at him and pushed the small mug towards Jongin as he sat down.

“Hyung, I'm sorry if I didn't told you about Jinri and I. Seeing her again made me realized how much I still love her… I know she's with you and I know what I did was wrong, and  I know that sorry wouldn't undo it… but I'm still so sorry and I deserve whatever you have to say or do.”

Taemin chuckled and flicked his forehead. Jongin blinked and looked at him — Taemin stared at the window outside and smiled.

“I don't think Jinri and I could get married.”

Jongin's eyes widened as he whispered, “Hyung…”

“Jinri ... doesn't love me.” Taemin mumbled and looked at him. “And if you'll try to get her back… you'll just be miserable because Jongin, you and I both know who she truly loves, and it's not us.”

Taemin leaned back and chuckled as he shook his head, “I took advantage of the fact that she thought she loved me. Jinri's oblivious to her own feelings or maybe… maybe she's just used to what she feels whenever he's around. Jinri looks for him more than he looks for me or you. And you know it.

Jongin knew what he was talking about, who he was talking about, and he knew what they had before him or Taemin were in the picture.

“Hyung, don't ever hurt her because if you do… I don't what I'll do to you.” The younger one patted his shoulder as he walked pass by him.

Jongin flew to the ground and clenched his jaw while he looked at the younger lad who punched him, “You're useless. You ruined her, you made her feel like she can't live without you, and now you're leaving her? She doesn't deserve you and I'll make sure she'll forget about you.” Jongin didn't stood up and let him walked away because he know he deserved it.

It was the first time he saw him after three years. He had a smile on his face as he walk towards him, “Hyung, you're back!”

He chuckled and shook his head, “You know I'm not here to ask you how you were, right?”

The younger on sat and laughed, “Ahh~ Jinri? She's alright. I mean I made sure she didn't commit suicide or anything because the time you left… you left her for dead. You left her the time she needed you the most.”

Jongin blinked and looked at him in shocked, “What do you mean?”

“Oh, didn't you know? Before you broke up with her she saw her mom… the one who just sends money to her. The one she haven't seen when her father died. Well, guess what! She saw her mom in the groceries with some other family. The kid was like three to four years old. That was the same day you broke up with her. So hyung… if you came back here to ruin her life again… I will ruin your face. ” he crossed his legs and smiled at him before looking at his clock. “Ooh~ I need to go. See you later hyung.” He stood up and smiled at him — leaving him dumbfounded.

Jongin looked at Taemin and he felt stupid for being so oblivious. He knows what she felt but he never knew what he felt.

She tells him everything, she looks for him most of the time, she always mention him… He's her wall.  A wall that he can never be and he's heart cracks at the thought of it.

Jongin's hand formed into a fist as he bit his lips. Tear suddenly ran down his cheeks.

“Hyung, why do you have to be so smart?” Jongin gritted his teeth while Taemin just patted his back.

 

□ □ ■ □ □

 

Jinri didn't know how to react when he saw Taemin and Jongin together. She felt extremely nervous. Taemin smiled and hand her an ice tea — the drink she always ordered whenever she eats with Taemin there.

“Jinri, I'll cancel our wedding.”

Jinri blinked and looked at Jongin, “What did you say to him?” She gritted her teeth and mumbled those words.

“I didn't say anything to him. He said something to me.” Jongin mumbled as he looked down.

Jinri looked at him confusingly before looking back at Taemin. “What does he mean?” She asked while she bit her lowerlip.

“You don't love me, Jinri.” Taemin mumbled as he looked at her.

She looked at him with wide eyes and she immediately hold his face, “Taemin… I love you and I- ”

“You love Sehun.”

Jinri's heart stopped and she blinked, “What? Sehun… he's only my best friend -”

“Jinri, do you really think I met you by coincidence? Sehun, he… he asked me to follow you because he was worried that you might do something bad that day. When you got drunk and you passed out, you weren't calling for Jongin… You were calling for Sehun. You drank because he couldn't get to your birthday.”

“Stupid. Stupid. Stupid dumbhun… dumping me on my birthday because of his date.” Jinri mumbled as tears fell down her cheeks, “He's… he's so stupiiiid~ he said he'll always be there and now… he's on a date. He was supposed to spend time with meeee… only me and not some other girl.” She mumbled.

“You always tell me how I was the one who fixed you… it wasn't me. It was Sehun.”

“Sehun?” Jinri mumbled as she looked down. She remembered.

She fell in love with him at the time she knew what feelings were. How her heart thumped every time he hold her, protect her, compliment her, and whenever their hands would brush against one another whenever they were walking. She liked the unfamiliar sense of feeling until she've gotten used to it… until she thought it was normal.

The reason why Sehun's relationship with other girls never worked out because she always ruin it for him. Even though when she was with Jongin already she still ruin his dates. She didn't knew why she was selfish of him, she didn't knew because she have gotten used to her feelings for him.

The time when she was a mess, it wasn't Taemin who was there for her, she haven't met Taemin that time yet. It was Sehun. He always went to her house, cook food for her, comfort her, he was always there to the point that he asked his mom that he would move in her house for a while because he was afraid.

“Jinri, get up!” He pulled her blanket and Jinri groaned when he spread the curtain open — the sunlight directly hitting her face.

“Sehun…” she grumbled and sat up before glaring at him. “Leave me alone~” And then she lied back down again.

The guy just rolled his eyes and pulled her up, “You need to go get a life!” He flicked her forehead before crossing his arms, “Jinri is this what you really want? To mourn for the rest of your life because your mom got a new family and Jongin broke up with you? It's okay to be depressed… but it's been 3 months. You have something ahead of you. Didn't you told me that you wanted to be a wedding planner because seeing to people get married is like seeing a rainbow… because no one is ever sad during their marriage?”

She looked at him with round eyes before looking down, “Sehun, Help me.  I- I need to change my life.”

It has always been Sehun.

“I… I love Sehun.” Jinri looked at Taemin with wide eyes. Taemin smiled and nodded.

“Yes. So, why are you still here? Go get him.”

Jinri smiled and nodded, “Thank you.” She pecked his cheek before running off.

Taemin smiled as he watched her. He bit his lower lip and looked down.

“Hyung?” Jongin looked at him.

“Yeah?”

“You love her so much.”

“I know…” he whispered.

 

□ □ ■ □ □

 

Jinri ran as fast as she could. As the distance gets shorter her heart thumps faster. She looked through his mailbox and grabs the key to his house, her hands fumbled as she unlocked the door.

“Sehun?! Sehun?!”

She shouted once she got in.

“Why the hell are you shouting?”

Jinri didn't know why her tears started falling when she heard his voice. She turned to him while biting her lowerlip.

Sehun looked at her, “Jinri… what happened?” He went towards her and wiped her tears.

Jinri shook her head and continued to cry before he held his hand that was caressing her face, “Taemin cancelled the wedding…”

“What?!” Sehun looked at her worriedly. “Why would he do that? Is he nuts?! Do you want me to beat him up?”

She laughed while tears still continue to fall. Sehun looked at him weirdly, “Are you going crazy?” he hold her face and looked at her.

“No… it's just that- Sehun, I need to know something. Do you love me?” She looked at his eyes.

“That's a dumb question… of course I do, idiot.” He rolled his eyes.

“No, I mean… love me… love me. Sehun, I need to know if you love me as… more than as a friend. ” Jinri pulled herself away from him and looked down.

“Because… the reason why Taemin cancelled the wedding is because… Sehun, I'm… I'm in love with you. I'm seriously in love with you, ever since, maybe because I've gotten used to the feeling of you being around that I thought it was normal… but then I've realized it's not… It's not normal to have feelings for your best friend. It's not normal to have your heart racing with him around. It's not-”

Before Jinri could finish what she her sentences she felt a pair of soft lips pressing meaningfully against hers. She felt his strong arms perfectly wrapped around her waist, she felt like he was the perfect puzzle piece that completed her. Her lips responded as her arms unconsciously wrapped themselves around his neck.

Sehun pulled away and looked at her, “I've always been in love with you. Ever since the day I met you."

 


AN: I can't believe I finished this. LOL. I hope you guys enjoyed! Thank you for supporting this fic and I'm so sorry if I update this slowly. Anyways, I guess some of you predicted the ending right and I'm sorry if I didn't end her up with the person you like. To be honest the ending was supposed to be Jinri being dead because... I didn't know who she should end up with but yeah I decided on Sehun since it was quite obvious. Thank you again. xoxo