you were the prince and i used to be the damsel in distress.

The Wedding Planner

 

You know those feelings when your heart feels like it’s being squeezed, you feel suffocated, and it hurts so badly without knowing the reason why? You feel a lot of turmoil inside, and at times you just want to explode and cry – I’ve felt that way before, whenever I see him. 


Call this cliché or whatsoever but I fell in love with him like how other stupid teen girls fall in love; I was walking down the hall way, books were tightly wrapped around my arms, near my chest. I wasn’t an outcast, a nerd, or the popular once. I was those kind of students who were normal and completely invisible to others. But somehow I wasn’t completely invisible. I was bullied. You wanna know why? because Oh Sehun is my best friend.

 

Sehun was one of the popular students, heck he has always been the popular one, I mean – his the combination of perfect and hot.

 

So, let’s get back to what I was saying; walking in the hall way and then suddenly I was pinned in the wall. Two girls were holding my wrist and the other one – whom I think was the ring leader – was in front of me. My books drop in my feet and a slap came across my face. I hissed. “You think you’re good enough to hangout with Sehun?” a girl screamed at my face.

 

I rolled my eyes and sighed, yanking my wrist out of the two girls – they didn’t held me with much force to be quite honest. I bend down to gather my books when suddenly their leader yanks my hair up, making me stand up. “Did you just roll your eyes on me?” She said.

 

I groaned in pain as I felt my hair being pulled. Someone suddenly slapped me across my face – I think it was one of her minions. I don’t  really know who since my eyes were half lidded. I can’t remember what exactly happened, but it happened all too fast. I was on the ground being kicked on the stomach, “You’re nothing but a ” the leader shouted.

 

“And you aren’t?” A voice suddenly came out. It was a male voice. It was Sehun he came to rescue me, and then suddenly everything went black.



□ □ ■ □ □


When I woke up I really thought I was in heaven; there was this gorgeous guy standing in front of me and it was so bright. “You okay?” He asked as he helped me stood up. I nodded and looked around realizing that I wasn’t dead and I was only in the school’s clinic.

 

“Why am I here?” I asked and looked at him. He chuckled as he extended his hand for a handshake, “I’m Kim Jongin; you were being beaten by some low class girls.” He said.

 

I shook his hand as I remembered what happened, “I’m Choi Jinri. Are you new here?” I asked.

 

He nodded and smiled at me, “My parents moved in this town so... yeah. Uhm – can I ask why you were being bullied?” I eyed him before getting off the bed and fixing it nicely.

 

It was a bit peculiar for him to ask something quite personal but then again everyone knows the reason why. “Because of Sehun.” I chimed .

 

“Sehun's your boyfriend?” His raise he brow as he looked at me.

 

“My best friend.” I said while chuckling. I started to walk off while he trailed behind me.

 

“I don’t get it. I mean – just because he’s your best friend you get bullied?” I could practically feel him pouting and it made me laugh quietly.

 

I slowed down my pace so he could catch up. “Because we’re close.” I nodded.

 

“Is he courting you?” he asked while tilting his head.

 

I chuckled at his actions, he’s very cute. I cleared my throat to erase my thought.

 

“He’s courting Son Naeun.” I pressed my lips into a line and smiled lightly.

 

“Then why isn’t she the one being bullied?”

 

“Because Naeun is popular. She’s really pretty and her parents are rich.” I mumbled and nodded.

 

“But you’re also pretty... in fact beautiful.” He mumbled the last words but I manage to hear it.

 

I can felt a deep blush manage to creep on my cheeks. I looked away so he won’t see my burning face. I heard him chuckled, “Can I hang out with you at Lunch?” he asked.

 

I cleared my throat and nodded. I felt myself being particularly shy “Yeah...” I said.

 

“Great!” I glanced at him and he gave me a big boyish grin that made me heart raced ten times faster than the usual. I gulped down and took a heavy breathe.

 

“Yeah... I’ll see you at lunch then.” I said and run off with a deep red face.

 

Looking back from the past I couldn’t help but smack myself on how stupid I was – Just one compliment I gave myself in. Jongin was only flirting with me. I sighed and looked down at the face of a sleeping angel on my lap. I run my hand through his hair; I bend down as I tucked my hair behind my ears to give his lips a soft peck. “Lee Taemin.”