Chapter 31

ずっと一緒に
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Megu POV

oh my gosh, he's staring right at me. I'm caught red handed and I should promptly withdraw but I hesitated! my lips seemed to have glued upon his, and it took me great effort to overcome the inertia. yes, mental effort to resist his seductive lips. my eyes widened as I pull back like a retarded spring and adverted his gaze instantly. I dare not think what his reaction would be to have received such an unacceptable sneaky attack when he was in his dreamland. he would irk it, that's almost a taken. it was the extent of disgust he would express that I feared to face. he has been most patient with me, most gentle to me, but I might have destroyed this comfort zone and tested his tolerance too much.
With my head lowered and apologizing profusely, I didn't notice he hadn't made a single response. perhaps he was still in shock. Instead of suffering in the deafening silence, I thought saying sorry over and again was the only right thing to do in this awkward situation.

"Gomenasai! hontoni Gomenasai" my voice was trembling uncontrollably. I could almost imagine his eyes of fury, awaiting to explode his anger at me. 

"are you apologizing for what happened at the dinner or for what happened few seconds ago" I heard him ask but I would rather I was partially deaf at this point cause I most certainly have no answer for that. 

"b-both... no, for everything... Gomenasai Ryuu!"

"hmmm... at least for it's not necessary for one of the 2 reasons..." he mumbled.

"huh?"

"oh well... since you are so sorry about it, how about helping me apply the medicine on my bruise?"  he passed me the tube of ointment but I hesitated to take. With my eyes still unable to meet with his, I asked "a-actually you can apply this yourself, with the mirror..." I suggested, but he responded with a condescending tone.

"ah, yeah I should. I got bruise myself and so I should be tending to my injury myself too. I totally deserve it, ne." I knew it was sarcasm as he withdrew his hands and uncapped the ointment.

it made me feel guilty. he knew it's my fault, so why must he say that... it feels wrong if I didn't do as he requested, he made me feel like a sinner.

"I... I'll help you..." I timidly snatched the ointment back. my hands was shivering. he just sat there calmly, waiting for me to close in. in contrast, I was likened to someone who was having a panic attack. in a matter of seconds, my fingers will touch his ever tender lips once more. the mere thought of it made my heart race. I could hear my nervousness, and regardless of how I tried to suppress it so he doesn't hear, it seemed to only get louder as the distance between us reduced. I swallowed a huge lump of saliva to ease my growing tension. 

then just as I was about to touch the corner of his lips with my bare fingers, his warm hand circled my wrist. his gaze finally caught my attention. I felt from his eyes an underlying tone of mockery, but he's not like that, I know it.

"huh?" my confusion deepened when he gave me a smile.

"hmm. this can wait.. cause if I apply the ointment now, there's a lot I can't do..."

"d-do what? ooh eat?! Gomenasai, I messed up your dinner..."

"yes... and no... there's other use for the lips, Megu..." he leaned closer. I thought I missed a chapter of a book cause before I could react, my lips was occupied and my breathe taken mercilessly away. the feeling is coming back from the day at the theaters, in fact it's a notch higher. the intensity, the pleasure were intriguing my senses and awakening all my body cells. I feel butterflies fluttering intensely within my stomach, and my heart beats unstably and rapidly. His head tilted in the opposite direction from mine, it was as if it's second nature to me how I should do it since my first time. I preferred to attribute this to telepathic coordination. His hands secured from the back of my neck so I didn't run. his possessive, domineering action only made me more confused than I already am. was he making a joke out of my pathetic fate? it's just too good to be true, despite how kind he is. I pushed him away with my hands as much as my heart didn't want to put an abrupt halt to this dream-worthy moment.

"R-Ryuu... w-what are you doing?" my lips seemed to be numbed by the sensational kiss earlier that it wasn't reacting to my bidding.

He cupped my shoulders and told me with firmness in his words that it was difficult not to pay my fullest attention to his every word. each utterance was made with seriousness and utmost sincerity. "It can't be any clearer than this. I was a total retard, I made you wait so long. I thought it was just sympathy and gratitude. I really thought so. but it wasn't. I'm sure of it after much verification and an intense probing of my heart. I'm never more sure than this, I love you Megu."

I was stunned beyond words. I was lifted so high at the peak of the mountain, immersed the ecstatic feeling, but it's too good to be true. 

"h-how can it be? you're making a mistake... you're gonna regret. I'm not good for you!" tears started b in my eyes and my voice whimpered.

"your inferior complex is really serious. I'm telling you have nothing to be ashamed of. your innocence and purity are your charm and these are exactly what makes you incomparable to the other girls."

I didn't want to hear his glib words cause such words sounded too unbelievable if one was to live through my damned life. I shook my head profusely with my tears eventually streaming down like the amazon river, denying and shutting myself from whatever positivity he was trying to inject into me. the more I hope, the more disappointed I would be... I abide by this principle so I rather choose to zen myself from such temptation.

but his perseverance was not negligible as well. "Listen Megu... look at me and listen" he gripped my shoulders and secured me in place.

"I'll fix your inferior complex somehow. I'll bring back your confidence and your smile. I'll make you the happiest lady in the world. give me a chance to do that, Megu... I really want to be by your side and watch over you. I have been late, so give me a chance to make up for it" ever word sank into the core of my heart and unlocked the door I kept tightly shut since a time l can't remember. 

My heart melted with his touching confession but still i needed to ensure "it's a dream... this is just a dream..."

i heard his chuckle then he pinched my cheeks without warning. i let out a cry which he was satisfied with... "see, it's not a dream. it wouldn't have hurt if it was"

I wailed louder than ever, though I swore I felt happy for myself by now. it was like my tears didnt want to stop and my overwhelming emotions was difficult to control.

"hey hey... silly girl... stop crying. you'll be fine with me from now and I forbid you to cry..." it's nothing like a tyrant, he sounded extremely protective with this assertive tone of his. He brushed the tears away from my eyes gently with a warm smile stretched across his face, and silenced my cries with another passionate kiss. he left me no room to breathe, hence too suffocated to even let out another cry. He drove away my hiccups with such a sudden smooch. I didn't dare to move. rather, i was too stiff. he was the only one leading the kiss, but all I can say was that he was a natural as he manuvered about my lips to find the optimum comfort for both me and him. 

Perhaps, such moments really needed a strong distraction to break away. in this case, it was the disruptive snickering at the door of the room.

Ryuu parted from my lips and turned to the door with a shocked, guilt-stricken face. two familiar faces stood in the doorway who made me pale with embarrassment. 

"okasan, otousan! how long have you guys been standing here?" Ryuu was equally nervous as he faced his parents. it was as though the both of us were doing something morally unacceptable or committing illegal activities. 

"not very long..." the taller man answered while trying to hold on to his laughters. his resulting smile was just as charming as Ryuu's such that it was hard to tell they weren't father-son. 

"Konnichiwa Nakajima-san" I bowed to the 2 adults nervously.

"hello Megu... I'm Yuto, Ryuu's father. I'm glad to meet you after hearing so much from Mirai and Ryuu..." he's so gentle and polite, I found myself blushing. socially awkward as usual, I nodded with my head down. but when I raised my head again to understand the cause of the silence, I noticed both parents staring with a cheeky smile worn on their face. Surely they heard every word that transpired between Ryuu and I earlier. I became even more embarrassed but that gave way to a humorous change of events.

"Otousan, since it's really late now, can Megu stay at our house overnight?" Ryuu suggested. his voice conveyed such certainty, I knew he's going to stick to this no matter what protest I may put up. I could only act blur.

"huh?"

"it's 11pm dear... it's gonna be tiring for me to drive you back too and hell no am I going to let you go home alone" Ryuu reasoned.

"I agree. Yuto, she can sleep with Akira tonight" Mirai suggested enthusiastically with Ryuu nodding in agreement.

"it'll be great to have you around, Megu... but you need to take a bathe so as to rid your alcohol smell though, cause Akira really dislikes that" Yuto reminded.

other than nodding, I didn't know what other response was appropriate but here comes the humor.

"Ryuu, I agree with everything you say and do thus far, but there's one thing I can absolutely not tolerate and I so want to whack your head now..." Mirai pouted furiously at Ryuu who looked lost. 

"heh?!" Ryuu exclaimed.

"I can't help you now, Ryuu..." his father added.

"huh? what what?" Ryuu shrieked and started running around as soon as Mirai gave chase.

"what do you mean by your bruise can wait! do you know it'll leave a scar!!" Mirai screamed while chasing him all over the house. I saw them jump over sofas, beds and literally anything that they can hop over. it was really adorable seeing this side of them, making me absolutely jealous of their happy family and reminding me of how sad I am. it intrigued me and summoned my greed, I want to have my share of happiness. I have denied myself long enough... now that Ryuu has taken the first step to take my hands, I should think of myself and reciprocate, thinking none of the future. I smiled subtly with determination rounding up within me.

****
"you come here!" Mirai's voice continued to echo through the house as the chase continued. apparently Ryuu is afraid of his mother's nursing skills and would rather ignore her calling and risk getting grounded than let her tend to his bruise.

"okasannnnn I can do it myself... if you don't trust me, I'll ask Akira when she's back... or otousan can help me..." he hid behind the dining chair.

"don't drag me into this, Ryuu. I am a reluctant supporter of your mum's nursing..." Yuto giggled with Megu standing beside him.

"otousan" Ryuu whined and finally have in to Mirai. She pulled his chubby cheeks and dragged him to his room with the tube of ointment in her hand. 

"Okasannnn...itaiiii" Ryuu protested as his cheeks suffer under the merciless fingers of Mirai. Megu chuckled and Yuto heard it, feeling relieved to see the lightheartedness transpiring from the girl who he knew was upset hours ago. Daiki has called the 2 of them, though Ryuu asked him not to. He was afraid his nephew was too dimwit when it comes to comforting a girl's brokenheart. it was these times they all wished Ryuu has gotten a bit of his father's expertise in grappling with the female emotions. 

"don't mind them... it's fun to see them like that ne... their relationship wasn't like this until you fixed it for them. I have always wanted to personally thank you for helping to open Ryuu's heart and subsequently break the ice between them" Yuto was more than a head taller than Megu, hence it was easier for her to avoid the direct gaze which could possibly lead to a more flushed face of hers.

"I'm glad I was of help, Nakajima-san..."

"the toilet is ahead... make yourself at home. I'll bring the towel to you in a jiffy," he pointed to the toilet ahead and gave a sweet smile before dashing off to fetch the towel.

Megu did a short, yet necessary self-reflection and reconciliation of the many thoughts and happenings that overwhelmed her in the past hours, many of which would have already changed her life drastically. She found herself smiling briefly whenever she believed that Ryuu has steered her towards the road of happiness, soon she really may be enjoying life like all others. She genuinely believed in it, shrugging off her pessimism and fully accepting Ryuu's love instead of passing it off as something impossible. Maybe she isn't really as bad as she thought she was, like he tried to convince her all this time. She indulged herself in a warm bathe and when she came out, she could hear Ryuu's yelling from rooms away.

"itaiiii!!!! okasannnnn!!! be more gentle please, you're making it worst!"

"it's not gonna heal if I'm too gentle"

"okasan, I'm sure you don't know what you're doing..."

"of course I know! stop doubting me.."

"yeah right, you're hurting me more... please spare me... I can do it myself, really"

Megu didn't know to break out in laughter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter