The Pension

Runaway

After their little detour to the beach, Onew and Luna continued their travelling to the pension. Luna had dozed off, the tiredness she obtained from her hectic schedule finally catching up on her.

                As she sleeps, Onew’s eyes kept wandering back to her, even though he tried hard to concentrate on the road.

                She looks so lovely and peaceful as she sleeps. Her expression relaxed and innocent, so much like a child. It made him felt an overwhelming need to protect her, to shield her from the harsh world.

                He gently brushed aside a lock of hair that was caught by her slightly opened mouth. Of course, then he was distracted by her plump, pink lips. He tried to focus on his driving, but inevitably kept glancing back at the sleeping girl until he felt a crick forming at the back of his neck.

                Finally, after a long journey, they’ve reached their destination, the pension. A sign welcomed them, with the words ‘Chundong Pension’ written cursively on it. Onew pulled the car to a stop inside the pension’s gated compound. He got out and stretched his stiff body a little before walking to the passenger’s side and opened the door. Luna was still asleep, her head lolled to the side.

                Onew unbuckled her seatbelt and gently caresses her face, his touch almost reverent.

                “Sunyoung… Sunyoung-ah, wake up…” He patted her cheek lightly. Luna woke up slowly, her eyes drowsy with sleep. She rubbed her eyes and mumbled, “Oppa, are we there yet?”

                “Yes, we’ve just arrived.” He held out his hand to help her out. She took it absentmindedly, still sleepy as she step out of the car. Luna then stretched her arms over her head, trying to ease the tension of her body after sitting in the car for so long.

                “Sunyoung-ah!” Onew called out some distance away from her, “Welcome to Chundong Pension!”  He grinned as he spreads his arms wide in front of the big, three-storey pension.

                “Wow! Oppa, it’s beautiful!” Luna gawked openly at the house. It was big, but still retain a sense of homey coziness. There were colorful flowers planted in front of it, on each side of the pension. A small, welcome sign was hung over the main door. She whirled around, taking in the surrounding this time. The pension was located beside an open field, a small, clear creek separating it. And on the other side there was a lot of green foliage, although not thick enough to be a forest. A rustic little bridge was built to cross the creek, making way to the open field.

                “It’s so peaceful and quiet here, oppa! I feel so refreshed already.”

                “Isn’t it?” Onew grinned proudly, glad that Luna liked the place. “There weren’t many people here usually at this time of the year, so we’ll be relatively safe.

                Luna turned to stare at him, confused. “Ah, really? But why is there a bus there?” She pointed to somewhere behind Onew. When he whirled around to look at where she’d indicated, sure enough, there’s a small bus, or rather, a big tourist van parked inside the compound.

                “You’re right! Why didn’t I see that before?” Onew scratched his head in puzzlement. “Oh wait, this is not good! We can be exposed!”

                “It’s okay, oppa. I’m sure it’s nothing.” Luna tried to assure a panicking Onew, but it was too late.

                “No, no. It’s not okay! Wait here in the car, Sunyoung, while I go and check out what’s going on.” Onew jogged ahead to the pension without waiting for an answer. Before he disappeared to the building, he glanced behind him to shouted out another reminder to Luna.

                “Be careful, Sunyoung! Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right back.”

                “Okay, oppa.” Luna replied silently, but Onew was already gone.

---

                Onew was rushing to the back entrance of the pension, his anxiety making his steps ten times faster than usual.

                “Aish, I hope there’s no problem. That brat, Jongshin! He told me there was no booking at all at this time when I called him.” Onew grumbled under his breath as he approaches the door.

                He pulled open the door and peek in cautiously, making sure there was no one about. Then he took of his shoes and sneaked in through the empty kitchen. It seems like there was a commotion in the living room, if the loud noises were any indication.

                Hoping it won’t put a damper to his plan, he went on to the direction of the living room to find out what it was all about. But before he can reach it, a harried figure rushed passed him. It was a man, so absorbed with the papers in his hand that he didn’t even notice Onew standing there.

                Onew, realizing who it is, quickly caught the man’s arm to stop him in his tracks.

                “Jongshin-ah!”

                “Oh, sajang-nim! You’re here!” The man named Jongshin stared at Onew in surprise, obviously not expecting to find him there.

                “Yeah! And didn’t I tell you not to call me sajang-nim? Just call me hyung, like you used to.” Onew grinned, slapping Jongshin on his back, glad to see his neighborhood dongsaeng again.

                “It’s been awhile, Jongshin-ah! How are you?”

                “I’m fine. But it won’t be appropriate to call the owner of the place I work at as only hyung, right? It’s not professional, sajang-nim.” Jongshin quipped jokingly. Onew just waved away the formality.

                “It doesn’t matter. Just don’t call me that when there’s anyone around. Anyway, what’s that about?” He gestured in the direction of the living room, where there’s something like a lively discussion going on.

                “Oh, that.” Jongshin’s expression suddenly turned troubled. “A group of senior citizens were on their way to Mt Hakusei when their bus broke down. This pension is the nearest accommodation they can find. So they’re stranded here for as long as it took to fix the bus. Problem is, the nearest workshop is about 10 km away, and it seems like it was closed for a couple of days.”

                “Ah.” Onew nodded, absorbing the information carefully. “How many were there, Jongshin-ah?”

                “20 people. 10 men and 10 women. Their caretakers, two of them had gone to fetch the mechanic.”

                Onew nodded again as Jongshin continued, his face anxious.

                “But sajang-nim…That means I can only save you a room, since all the other 6 rooms will be occupied.”

                Onew stopped nodding, and sputtered, “ What?!  But…but I specifically booked for two rooms, Jongshin!”

                “I know, I know. But they’re old folks, sajang-nim! I can’t just turn them out. Besides, I figured you and your friend can share a room.” Jongshin said apologetically.

                Onew, who was still reeling in shock over this unexpected turn of event, just gaped at Jongshin. Then his mind registered what the younger man had said and he got sidetracked by the thought of sharing a room with Luna. He blushed red as his mind ran to some inappropriate direction, making him unable speak coherently.

                “But…but…” That’s all he managed to get out when a voice interrupted them.

                “Oppa, is there some problem?”

 

---

A/N: Ah, I love fluff. And Jinki. And bb Lulu. They just go well together, don’t you think?

Please pardon this author is not in her right mind now.

Keke, thanks for reading. Leave comment down below please? *puppy eyes*