Dance With Me?

Runaway

                Onew sat down on the sand next to Luna’s shoes as he kept an eye on her. She was running around and jumping in the water, splashing it with her barefooted feet, giggling like a schoolgirl. She kept her face upturned, her expression ecstatic as she enjoyed the warmth of the sun on her skin and hummed softly to herself. The total abandonment that he saw on her face was mesmerizing Onew. He smiled indulgently as she spins around, her white dress flouncing about, twirling along with her. Her hair was caught in the breeze, the jet-black locks dancing around her lovely face, shimmering beautifully in the sunny day.

She is so beautiful, so lovely, and so… natural.

                He was suddenly reminded of their duet in SM Town in LA some time ago. She was running like she did back then, freely and without a care in the world, obviously enjoying herself. She didn’t seem to realize that she was taking everyone’s breath away, especially his, with her adorably candid actions. Then she made a graceful ballerina-like pirouette, right in the middle of the stage, and he was lost.

                Onew grinned as a new idea formed in his head. He hastily rolled up the legs of his jeans, took off his shoes and socks then left them beside Luna’s before he jogged to her.

                “Take my hand,” He suddenly sang when he neared her, holding out his hand to Luna. She took it in amusement, obviously remembering their duet.

                “I’ll take the lead.” He pulled her close, and she complied good-naturedly with light steps towards him.

                “And every turn,” He twirled a giggling Luna, fighting the urge to laugh himself.

                “Will be safe with me.” He pulled her closer now, his other arm encircling her waist, and she placed her hand on his shoulder.

                “Don’t be afraid, afraid to fall.” He bent Luna backward, prompting her to tilt her head back, laughing.

                “You know I’ll catch you through it all.” Onew suddenly lifted Luna in his arms, causing her to yelp in surprise, her arms going around his neck for support. He spun her around, laughing with her as she flipped her legs about.

                “I’m glad you remember the lyrics now, oppa.” Luna said cheekily.

                “That’s your fault. Who told you to grin mischievously at me, then without a warning ran down the stage before twirling right in the middle of it? I got distracted.”

                Laughingly, Luna answered, “I didn’t plan it. It’s just, at that moment, I was really happy oppa, and I suddenly have the urge to do that.”

                “What made you so happy that you felt the impulsive need to run down the stage?” he asked, curious. She smiled shyly as she looked at him.

                “Because I get to have my duet with you, oppa.”

                Onew was stunned to silence by her honest answer. He knew that she’d wanted to have a duet with him; she talked about it many times. But he never imagined just how much she’d wanted to do it, until that very moment. He was suddenly overwhelmed by the need to kiss her right then, that he started to leaned forward without thinking. Before he can reach her, she opened .

                “But then you forgot the lyrics, and for a second, I was sad.” She smiled a little. “I felt as if our performance was not important enough for you oppa, that you didn’t feel the need to prepare much for it.” Onew was immediately swamped by guilt.

                “God, I didn’t know you felt that way. I’m so sorry. It wasn’t the case, Sunyoung, I swear. I’ve practiced – umphff…” He was silenced when Luna’s hand clamped his mouth.

                “I know, oppa. It was then that I saw your face. You looked so tired and exhausted that I didn’t blame you. And that made me work even harder to make our performance a success, so that you won’t feel burdened.”

                ‘So that’s what the little wave was for? Because you felt sorry for me?” He inquired teasingly, swinging her side to side. She laughed again, hitting his shoulder playfully.

                “Yeah, I felt sorry for you, you old man. That’s also to encourage you, to let you know that I understand, and I’ll take care of the rest.

                “Well, that was… thoughtful of you, Sunyoung. But that wasn’t why I forgot the lyrics.”

                “That wasn’t? Then why?” She turned her surprised look at him. He grinned at her, playful.

                “It’s because I was captivated by an angel, and she just blew my mind away.”

---

A/N: Okay, I knew the ‘Can I Have This Dance’ duet has probably a thousand fics already written about it (exaggeration here), but hey, I’m deprived of Lunew interaction lately! T_T

And you have to admit, that duet is perfection *dreamy sigh*. Forever wishing for Lunew to have an official duet.

It’s a short update, but an update nonetheless, keke~

I swear this is the place I dumped all my Lunew cheesiness and fluff, haha…

Thanks for reading!!