Let's Go To The Beach!

Runaway

                After the eventful lunch, Onew started up the car and went on with their journey. He cranked up the radio and tapped into a trot/oldies channel. Both of them enjoyed that, singing along with every song they know. They kept the windows down and turned off the AC, enjoying the natural breeze. Luna put on her sunglasses, and ran a hand in her loose hair, letting it flowed freely with the wind. She felt relaxed for the first time, since… she didn’t know how long. Probably since we did that shooting at New Zealand for Amazing F(x). But even then there’s still some restriction, since there’s always a camera around. But now, she sighed contently, staring out the window, now is so relaxing. I felt like all the burden is being lifted off my shoulders.

                Onew stole a glance as he heard her sigh. He relaxed a bit as he saw a small smile gracing her pink lips. He was relieved that she was enjoying herself, even though he and the girls had to practically force her to take a break. Just you wait, Sunyoung. I’m gonna make this the best healing vacation for you.

                As they drove alongside the sea, Onew nudged Luna and pointed wordlessly at the window on his side. Luna exclaimed in delight over the fantastic view of the blue sea gleaming like jewels in the sunlight.

                “Wow, oppa! It’s the sea!” She pointed unnecessarily at the sea, her hand coming close to his face. He chuckled and grabbed her outstretched hand.

                “I know, Sunyoung. I’m the one who showed it to you.” He glanced at her absorbed face, still gazing at the sea. “Do you want to go there? We can stop by for awhile.”

                “Hmm, I do. But look, the beach is gated oppa. It must be private property.” Luna pouted, settling back in her seat. Sure enough, soon they drove by a big red sign with the caution: WARNING, PRIVATE PROPERTY. TRESPASSER WILL BE PROSECUTED. Onew laughed at her expression then, which was no different from a kid whose candy had been stolen.

                “Don’t give up so easily, Sunyoung. When there’s a will, there’s always a way.” He said absently, his eyes scanning the side road. Then he found what he was looking for. “Ah, here it is.”

                Onew pulled the car to a stop beside a huge tree, its branches overlooking the beach. It was also growing over the gate to inside the gated area. He grinned at Luna as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

                “Let’s go, Sunyoung.”

                “Here, oppa?” Luna looked around in bewilderment, “What are we doing here?”

                The road was deserted, there wasn’t a car nor a person for as far as her eyes can see. There wasn’t even a building nearby. She looked back at Onew, but he was staring at the tree, deep in thought. Feeling her stare, he met her eyes and smirked mischievously, wagging his brows.

                Luna, correctly guessing what he was thinking, shook her head adamantly. “Oh no. No no no. It’ll be trespassing, oppa! We could get arrested!”

                “Relax Sunyoung. I don’t see anyone nearby. We’ll be safe.” He said distractedly, trying to climb the tree.

                “Oppa! Oppa, wait!” Luna rushed forward and in an effort to stop Onew, grabbed the leg of his jeans, since he already hoisted himself up the tree. “Oppa, don’t take stupid risks! We’ll get into trouble.” She pleaded, worried that their little stunt will end with them in the hot water.

                Seeing the anxious expression of Luna, Onew knelt down on the branch he was standing on. “Sunyoung, it’s okay. I won’t let you come into any harm, I promise. Come on.” He held out a hand, wiggling his fingers to urge Luna to take his hand.

                “Sunyoung, trust me. Please.”

                Luna sighed as she saw his earnest face, beckoning her to follow him. Then he gave her his precious eye smile, and she knew she can’t deny him any longer.

                “Fine,” She grumbled, taking his hand and allowing him to pull her up. “But if we got caught, I’m holding you responsible, oppa.”

                Onew pulled Luna up the tree, grinning at her sullen tone. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you. Always.” He may keep his tone light, but the promise he made was real, very real. Even if my body breaks apart, even if my heart is torn, I’ll protect you forever, Sunyoung. He vowed silently, staring at the girl, but she was too busy fretting to notice his intense stare.

                “Oppa, can this branch support our weight? I’m afraid that it’ll snap.”

                “It’s fine, Sunyoung. We’re not that heavy.” He smirked as she turned a doubtful look his way. “Really. I’ll let you down first, okay?”

                Onew suddenly grabbed Luna by the waist, holding her tight against his body as his other hand hold on to another branch above, balancing them.

                Luna was flustered by his action. Though it was not the first time they’ve embraced, not even close to it, it felt different this time. Before, when they hugged, it was to show support, or to offer comfort, therefore it was kept strictly platonic. But now, with her body flushed to his hard one, her front to his front, she can feel every plane and… bulge of Onew against her. It was disconcerting, to say the least. She slipped one hand around his own waist, and the other at his bulging bicep. Strictly for support, she told herself. But even then, she can’t help but feel a tinge of pleasure as she felt his muscles flex beneath her touch.

                “It’s not too far from the ground. Do you see that huge rock, Sunyoung? I want you to step on it. Slowly.” He cautioned her, allowing her body to brush against him as she went further on the branch. He gritted his teeth to keep his body under control, not giving it a chance to react on their closeness. It wouldn’t do to distract her now, she may get hurt.

                “On that rock, yes.” He encouraged, keeping a firm grip on her hand as she step down slowly to the rock. “Okay, that’s it. Good girl.” He breathed out in relief as her feet touched the ground. Miscalculating the height, Onew then jumped down heedlessly, landing in a messy heap on the ground. Thankfully the sand broke his fall, and only his pride was bruised. Great, so much for looking cool in front of the girl.

                “Oppa!” He heard Luna yelled as he was standing up from his fall.

                “Oppa, are you alright?” She asked worriedly as she reached him, checking him for injuries. He smiled at her concern, loving the way she was fussing over him.

                “I’m fine, Sunyoung. Don’t worry, I won’t break. I do this often, remember?” He brushed away the sand from his clothes. When she was still staring at him in concern, he put both of his hands to her shoulders and spun her around.

                “Look Sunyoung. It’s the beach,” He whispered close to her ear as she was taking in the spectacular view in front of her.

                While she was still absorbed in the beautiful scenery, Onew went on to knelt down in front of her, untying her shoelaces.

                “Yah oppa, what are you doing?” She shrieked, bewildered. As she tried to back away, Onew stopped her by grabbing on her ankle. So she smacked his head.

                “Ouch! Yah, it hurts.” He complained, but still went on with his doing. He took off her sneakers and socks, ignoring her struggles (and hits).

                “There!” Onew said as he stood up, satisfied. He was holding her shoes in one hand, while the other was rubbing his abused head. “Now you’re free to go.”

                When Luna just stood there, staring at him in confusion, he pushed her forward, his hand on her back.

                “Go on, enjoy yourself. You said you want to go to the beach, right? Play with the sand or the water, built a sandcastle or something, I don’t know. Do whatever you want. I’ll watch over you from here.” He nudged her again, giving her an encouraging smile.

                Touched, and suddenly filled with an insane urge to cry, she threw herself at Onew for a big hug, causing him to accidentally fling off her shoes to catch her.

                “Thank you, oppa.” She mumbled quietly before releasing him. Then she whirled around and ran towards the sea, shrieking in delight the whole time.

---

A/N: Miss me?

Hehe, I’m back guys! I’m so sorry to tell you this, but updates will be sparse. Kinda. I mean, I’ll update whenever I can, but I don’t want to promise anything… Oh, and ‘Red Light’ inspired me to do some new fics, but I’ll finish it first before I post it, so that I won’t leave you guys hanging like I did with my three other stories, huhu I’m sorry!!!

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and reading. I love you guys!

PS: Don't know what is the effing wrong with my format, but I'm too lazy to edit. Sorry!!