Misunderstood

Runaway

                “This is your room. I hope you’ll like it.”

                “It’s lovely. Wah, the view is so beautiful, Jongshin-sshi!” Luna had gone immediately to the window, throwing it wide open and looking out of it, taking in the wonderful scenery.

                “Thank you. I saved the room with the best view for our special guest.” Jongshin grinned, looking pleased with the compliments.

                While Luna was preoccupied, Onew subtly tugged Jongshin out of the room with him.

                “Sunyoung-ah, why don’t you wait here while I and Jongshin go grab our luggage.” He said as he pulled the door.

                Once the door is closed, he hurriedly explained to Jongshin.

                “She doesn’t know anything, Jongshin-ah.”

                “I can guess. Why didn’t you tell her the truth, sajang-nim? Think she might be a gold digger?” Jongshin inquired as they strode to where Onew had parked his car (using the long way, of course).

                Onew glanced at him in annoyance, disliking anyone to talk bad about Luna, even though it’s only a speculation.

                “No, I don’t.” He sighed, “I just don’t want to overwhelm her. I mean, she almost freaked out when she found out about the car. If I told her about this…”

                Jongshin had nodded before Onew even finishes his words. “You’re right, sajang -nim. Better to keep it a secret.”                

                “I told you to stop calling me sajang-nim! That’s why we’re almost found out!”

                “Sorry,” Jongshin grinned apologetically, “Habit.”

---

                “Oppa! Luna rushed to Onew as he lugged his suitcase inside their room. “I just remembered that I didn’t bring anything! Ottoke?”

                “Don’t worry, Sunyoung-ah. I told the girls to pack for you the day before.” He pointed behind him, where Jongshin was carrying in her luggage.

                “My bag!” She went to take it from Jongshin, “Thank you, Jongshin-sshi!”

                “It’s no trouble at all. It was my job anyway.” Jongshin grinned, placing one hand on the doorknob and started to pull it close. “It’s been a long journey, so please take a rest. I’ll call you when dinner is ready.”

                Luna nodded and started to open her luggage. True to Onew’s words, the girls had packed everything. All she’ll ever need were in there. Her clothes, shoes, pajamas, even the stuffed monkey she’ll bring with her everywhere.

                “Wow, they really packed everything for me.” Luna said as she hugged the soft toy to her chest.

                “Of course. They even gave me a list of stuff you might need.” Onew grinned at her from his place across the room, as he unpacked his own baggage. “I told you to just trust oppa.”

                Luna laughed. “Arasso oppa! I’ll trust you from now on.”

                “Good, good.” He nodded, satisfied. Onew then went on to pick up his backpack as he continued, “I even brought some medicine and – Aish!”

                Onew grumbled as the content of his bag tumbled out in every direction. It turns out that he had lifted his ped backpack upside down.

                Luna just laughed as she went on to help him, well used to his clumsy behavior. “Aigo, oppa. Be careful please. Here, let me help you.”

                They picked up assorted items that have fallen out of Onew’s bag. An mp3 player, charger, an extra phone, a packet of gums, a bunch of medicines, Rubik’s cube, another pack of gums and so on. Luna happened to glance under the bed, and saw a small, sealed box. She reached for it and curiously read the description.

                It was dark blue in color, and there’s a number written inside a circle. There’s also some weird inscription, like ‘X-tra Large’ and “For his and hers pleasure’. Confused, Luna flipped it back to read the instruction, and then it dawned to her just what she held in her hand.

                “Um…oppa…” She mumbled quietly, face beet red. She handed him the package gingerly, using only the tips of her fingers to hold it. “I think this is yours as well.”

                “Ah really?” Oblivious to anything, Onew reached for it as he said cheerfully, “Was it another pack of gums? I didn’t remember how much –” He stopped abruptly as he stared at the small box.

                There was a very pregnant silence in the room. The two of them were obviously embarrassed and painfully aware of each other. Then…

                “Sunyoung-ah!” Onew spoke up frantically, trying to defend himself. “It’s not mine! I swear it’s not!”

                “It fell out from your backpack, oppa.” Luna replied bashfully as she stood up.

                “Aniya! It’s not mine! I didn’t even know –” He stopped mid-sentence as his mind suddenly go back to a few days ago.

---

– Flashback –

                Onew was sitting on the floor in his room, packing for both his stay in Japan as well as his trip with Luna. There was a knock on the door, and he called out absently.

                “Come in!”

                “Hey hyung!” Jonghyun greeted as he went on to sit on Onew’s bed. “Busy huh?”

                Onew nodded, still not looking up from his task. “Quite. What’s up, Jjong?”

                “Nothing.” Jonghyun replied, smirking slightly. “I just brought you something that I thought you might need for your trip with Luna.”

                Onew glanced up to see Jonghyun holding something in his hand. But he didn’t give it much thought as he went back to his packing.

                “What’s that? Some kind of medicine?”

                “Not really. Although it is something you’d buy from a drugstore…” Jonghyun gave him a vague answer. Thinking nothing of it, Onew nodded.

                “Okay, thanks! Could you please put it inside my backpack?”

                Jonghyun went to Onew’s backpack then tossed the package inside. After that he sauntered to the door, snickering to himself.

                “I swear, you’ll be very thankful to me, hyung. You owed me!”

                Onew let out a puzzled “Huh?” as he raised his head to look at the younger man, but Jonghyun was already gone.

---

                “Oh, damn.” Onew swore silently to himself, dropping his head. Luna took this opportunity to escape to the door.

                “Well, I’ll be…I’ll be looking around the pension for awhile, oppa. You just…just go on with your unpacking.”

                “Wait! Sunyoung, let me explain!” Onew reached out to grab Luna, but she already went through the door and slammed it shut.

                He let out a heavy breath. “Great. She must think I’m a ert. That stupid, idiotic, sick, dirty depraved Kim Jonghyun!” Onew cursed Jonghyun to hell and back as he threw the package again under the bed. “I swear I’ll ttakbam him to death the next time I saw him!”

---

A/N: Umm, hi? Sorry for not updating for 3 months T_T

Please enjoy this ball of fluff and Jonghyun's cheekiness.

Annyeong~