Surprise!

Runaway

3 weeks later, in f(x) dorm.

                It was Tuesday morning, and f(x)’s dorm was already in a chaos. Luna had just woken up and was on her way to the bathroom when she suddenly stops to take in the scene before her. All of the other f(x) members were busy doing something. Victoria was cooking in the kitchen, Amber helping her, singing along with the radio. Sulli was running in and out of her room, carrying assorted garments, while Krystal was busy typing something on her phone. Well, that wasn’t unusual. She’s always fiddling with her phone. But what was unusual that all the members, even the maknaes, woke up way before her, on a free day.

Usually, on a free day, Luna will be the first one to awaken, as she’s the sort of person who’ll rise with the sun. Besides, she felt that it is a waste to sleep the day away. Meanwhile, the members will use this rare opportunity to catch up on their sleep. Since they’ve just finished their event at midnight last night, Luna clearly expects the members to be sleeping in today. But now everyone (except for Krystal, who was lounging at the sofa) was busy buzzing around the house.

Maybe there’s a schedule I’ve forgotten today. I better go ask someone. Luna approached Krystal to ask her.

“Soojung-ah, do we have a schedule today that I didn’t know about?”

Krystal paused in her typing, looked at Luna, mumbled a “No”, and then went back to her phone.

Well, that was helpful. Luna snorted. She picked up a cushion nearby, tossed it at Krystal, causing the younger girl to yell out in annoyance. Luna just snickered, stuck out her tongue before proceeding to the kitchen to check out what the unnies were doing.

Victoria was frying some chicken, while Amber was diligently cutting up some kimbap and packing them up nicely. The table was already filled with assorted snacks and dishes, half-packed.

“Wow, are we going picnic or something?” Luna exclaimed, eyes wide as she checked out the food. Victoria and Amber shared a look, before Victoria answered nonchalantly, “Something like that.”

“What? Why didn’t I know anything about it? Unnie, you guys planned it behind my back?” Luna pouted, feeling slightly hurt that she wasn’t included in the scoop.

“Aniya, we just suddenly felt like going picnic this morning. We didn’t plan it, I swear.” Amber slung her arm around Luna’s shoulder, trying to appease her. There was something fishy about this, but whatever. Luna just shrugged away her suspicion. “Oh, okay then. What can I do to help?”

“Nothing dear. We’re almost finished anyway.”

“Really?” Luna raised her eyebrows in surprise. Though there were many food readied on the table, it doesn’t look like it was enough for 5 people.

“Yes. Why don’t you go shower and get ready?” Victoria shooed Luna from the kitchen.

Luna just shrugged and walked to the bathroom. On her way there, she was intercepted by Sulli, who was holding a blue baseball cap in her right hand, and a cute pink knitted beanie on her left.

“Unnie!” Sulli squealed, “Which one do you prefer?” She gestured at both her hands. Luna pretended to give it a thought then pointed to the baseball cap. “That.”

“Okay!” Sulli ran back to her room. Luna just smiled indulgently, well used to Sulli’s adorable antics.

After Luna finishes her shower, she was once again stopped by Sulli, this time holding a square-framed sunglasses and a pair of aviators. After Luna made her pick (the sunglasses), Sulli dashed off back to her room, leaving an amused Luna behind.

Luna had finished dressing up, and was just drying her hair when she was interrupted once again, this time by Krystal. The younger girl just sauntered into Luna’s room, not bothering to knock, then went on to sit cross-legged on the bed. Luna arched a brow, asking ‘what do you want?’ mutely with her expression. Krystal just shook her head and looked around the room. Luna decided to ignore her and went on drying her hair. After she was done, Krystal asked her an odd question.

“Unnie, where’s your phone?”

“On the bedside table. Why?” Luna asked, suspiciously eyeing the younger girl.

“Oh, nothing. Just asking.” Krystal smiled innocently at Luna. Luna frowned, but went back on applying her makeup. There were silence for a while, then:

“Unnie, where’s your purse?”

Luna turned to stare at Krystal, confused. “There.” She pointed to her purse, hanging by her dresser. “Soojung-ah, do you need to borrow some money or something?” Luna inquired, worried that the girl has gotten into some kind of trouble. She wouldn’t put anything past Krystal, that girl is unpredictable. But Krystal just laughed it off, making Luna even more anxious.

“Of course not, unnie. I was just curious.” Luna was about to ask her more when Krystal’s phone started to beep. She looked at her phone, typed something, then walked over to the threshold, poked her head out of the room and yelled, “5 minutes!”

Her scream caused a frenzied commotion outside the room. Satisfied with the reaction, Krystal went back to sit on the bed with a smug smile, ignoring a bewildered Luna.

“Unnie, you better finish your makeup soon. Your eyeliner was only half done.” Krystal prompted when Luna just gaped at her. When she’s still not budging, Krystal sighed and moved closer to Luna, as if she’s going to finish Luna’s make up herself.

“Yah, okay! I’ll do it myself!” Luna shrieked when Krystal tried to grab the eyeliner from her.

“Good. Hurry up unnie, you only have 3 minutes left.” Krystal ordered before she walked out the door.

When Luna walks out of her room 2 minutes later (with her makeup done briskly), her members were all looking at her expectantly. She looked down at herself, finding nothing wrong with her outfit (she’s wearing a white sleeveless layered short dress, which ended mid-thighs and a three quarter grey cropped tights, if you must know).

“What??” Luna finally snapped, annoyed when the girls continued looking at her. The girls then started answering all at the same time, their voice meshing with each other, sounding quite like a group of startled birds.

‘Ding dong.’

The sound of the doorbell ringing immediately stopped the girls’ chirping. They all looked at the door, then at Luna. Luna frowned at them, irritated that they were all staring at her again. The doorbell rang for the second time when no one answered it.

“Er, Luna. Why don’t you answer the door?” Amber pushed Luna towards the door.

“I don’t want to. Unnie, why can’t you answer it yourself?” Luna resisted, trying to push Amber away.

“I’ve got something to do!” Amber sprinted off to the kitchen. When Luna turned back, there was no one else inside the living room.  Sighing, she went to the door to open it, grumbling when the doorbell sounded once again.

“Be patient, will you? I’m coming.” Luna muttered under her breath as she pushed the door open. What she saw made her stumbled back in surprise.

“Onew oppa?”

~~~

 

A/N: Hello hello~ I was actually going to update this next week, but I thought, why not?

So here’s an early update, wee~~~

I wrote this a long time ago (last year!), just never had the chance to upload it, keke~ Now I did, woohoo!!

Oh, I want to share something with you guys. It’s not new, but well, pretty recent…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYt7uF2zwTo

Luna bb reminding me why she’s my ultimate bias, not that I needed a reminder.

Ugh, that perfect angel with that perfect voice singing that perfect song!! How do you exist??

Anyway, thanks for subscribing, upvoting and commenting. Those of you silent readers, leave a comment! We can make this a mini Luna appreciation chapter, keke~

For all of you with unfulfilled cravings for Lunew, check out my other stories… it’s all about Lunew anyway, keke~ Sorry I’m shameless in promoting Lunew, haha~

Till next time, asariel out!!!