Sunyoung Is Back!

Runaway

“Take that, you punk!” Luna pulled back a punch, then let loose right on the center of Onew’s chest. The force of the blow made Onew gasped out in pain, clutching his chest.

Satisfied with his reaction, Luna sat back calmly on her seat, her hand wiping away the fake tears she built up as bait. She crossed her arms tightly across her chest, glaring at Onew the whole time.

“Yah! You’re so violent, woman!” Onew wheezed out, short of breath.

“Deal with it, Jinki.” She hissed out his name so poisonously that Onew wondered why he didn’t disintegrate and die just then.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay? I really am. I didn’t mean to scare you like that. I’ll admit that’s my fault. But that doesn’t you can maimed me like that, Luna.”

“I’ll do what I like. Besides, you’re dealing with Sunyoung now, not Luna.” Luna huffed, still glaring at him.

“Ah… No wonder you’re so violent. Luna would never do that. Welcome back, Sunyoung.” Onew grinned, but then grimaced as he rubbed his sore chest. This Sunyoung is as volatile as firecrackers, but that kind of turn him on a little. Onew shook his head, trying to dispel his unruly thoughts. I must be some kind of masochist.

He glanced at Luna to see if she’d calmed down or not. She was glaring a hole through him. Nope, still pissed.

There was an awkward silence (awkward for Onew, angry for Luna) for a minute as they both contemplated about what just happened. Onew cleared his throat and bravely decided to break the silence.

“So…what can I do to make it up to you?” He asked carefully, wanting to placate her. Luna just arched an eyebrow at him.

“Do you want…ice cream?” Onew thought about a drama he saw not too long ago. It seems like ice cream did the trick every time the hero screwed up.

“Wha – Am I five?” Luna snapped. Okay, maybe it won’t work this time.

“Chicken?” He suddenly said excitedly.

“That’s your medicine, Jinki. Not mine.”

“Samgyupsal? Beef? Pizza? Spaghetti? Jajangmyun?” He listed out all the food she likes that he could think of. Luna just stared at him, unimpressed.

Okay, so what worked with Luna obviously won’t work with Sunyoung. Let’s think of this in a different way. If I’m angry, I would want to…what?

“Soju?” He blurted out the first thing that popped into his mind.

“Oh, can I really?” She beamed at him eagerly. Girl idols were not encouraged to drink, especially something stiff like soju. Luna had drunk soju only about five times before, but she rather like it. It tasted good, and she felt quite like an adult when she drank it.

“Seriously? Soju? Wow…” Onew was speechless after that, mulling over this new found fact. He was surprised that someone as sweet as Luna actually likes drinking. Hey, maybe it’s a good thing. I can go drink with her instead of drinking alone. That way the boys will stop feeling sorry for me and leave me alone.

“Yeah, I want to drink soju. Can I, oppa? Please?” Luna begged sweetly, clasping her hands in front of her.

“Yah, cut the act Sunyoung. I’ve seen the real you.” Onew snorted, amused by the fact that she can change so abruptly when she wants something.

“Fine. But I still want soju.” Luna dropped her pretense and pouted like a petulant child.

“I promise you, I’ll get you some. But not now. It’s quite a long way to go to reach the pension, and I need to stay sober. So be patient, okay?” He chucked her chin and was rewarded with a thump on his shoulder. Violent girl, really.

“Okay, fine. I’ll wait. But I’m hungry now, Jinki.” All those fighting had really drained her energy. “Hey, didn’t Vic-umma pack us some food?”

“Yeah, it’s on the backseat. And call me Jinki oppa, you brat. Hold on, I’ll get it.”

“Aniya, I’ll get it. And I’ll call you whatever I want, Jinki.”

Luna just pushed Onew back to his seat and twisted her body around to grab the food. When she started to move back to her seat, she caught Onew staring at her upturned rear with unmistakable male interest. Aware that he’s been caught in the act, Onew cleared his throat loudly a few times, rubbed the back of his neck, and looked everywhere except at Luna. His cheeks turned pink, and he kept tugging at the front of his shirt, as if he was fanning himself.

“It’s, um… It’s really hot today, isn’t it?” He tried hard to cover up his embarrassment, failing miserably.

“Yeah. I wonder why?” She murmured skeptically, making him squirmed in his seat. Taking pity on his discomfort, she opened up the bag and handed a lunch box to Onew.

“Here you go, oppa.”

“Thank you, Sunyoung.” He accepted it gratefully, glad that Luna didn’t call him out on his erted behavior. He just can’t help it. Though he respected Luna so much, he was still first and foremost, a man. And when the opportunity presented itself, he was incapable of stopping himself from just…stealing a peek.

Onew snorted at the innocent term his mind used as he was opening his lunch box. Ogling her would be a far more accurate word.

“So oppa…” Luna started to speak, opening her own lunch box, “You like what you see?”

Onew choked on thin air, then cough so hard that he nearly overturned the lunch box on his lap. Luna leaned forward to thump him gently on his back.

“What…” He in a breath, then try again, “What do you mean?” He managed to squeeze out, his face red from mortification or shortage of breath, Onew wasn’t sure.

“I meant your lunch box, oppa. There’s fried chicken inside, your favorite. Don’t you like it?” She pointed at Onew’s lunch box, her expression innocent, but her eyes were glinting wickedly.

“Oh…” Onew looked down at his lunch box and saw the chicken, “Oh! Yes, I like it. I like it very much!” He ended with an unnaturally loud laugh, while inside he was kicking himself for being such an idiot.

“If you like the other thing you saw too, I wouldn’t mind.” Luna added casually, picking at her lunch box. When she turned to look at Onew, his mouth were hanging open as he gaped at her.

“I… Uh, I… Sunyoung…” He stuttered, trying to explain himself. Luna just shrugged and went back to her lunch.

“Eat your lunch, oppa. It’s getting cold.”

---

A/N: This is the last chapter I update before I go on a mini-hiatus. I’m sorry and thanks for everything! I’ll be back in a few months, to write more about the lovely LuNew couple, keke~

Annyeong, for now chingudeul~