How He Does It

Runaway

They both ran to the underground parking lot, laughing the whole time. Onew then led Luna to a shiny black car parked right beside the staircase they’ve recently vacated. Being the gentleman that he is, Onew opened the door for Luna and helped her inside first before proceeding to take his seat on the driver’s side. As he drove to the exit, he fished out a card from his pocket and flashed it for the gate to be opened.

                “Oppa, where did you get that resident’s parking card? I’m told that if you are not the resident here, they won’t give you one, no matter who you are.” Luna asked, curious as the security of the apartment they’re living in now was really tight. After all, that’s the main reason why f(x) was relocated there.

                Onew just laughed and grinned at her. “Oh, I have my ways.” He answered, wagging his brows at her.

                “Heol! Oppa, come on, tell me!” Luna persisted, hitting Onew playfully on the shoulder.

                “Ouch! Okay, I’ll tell you. There’s no need to hit me.” Onew pretended to be hurt, but his smile was still in place.

                “Truth is, Krystal got it for me.”

                “Krystal?” Luna echoed the name, stunned.

                “Yeah, Krystal. Apparently she went to the security herself and sweet talked them into giving her an extra key card. I’ve heard the security is now under her thumb, completely smitten by her. That’s also how I know when it’s safe to go in and out of your apartment.”

                Krystal, huh? Well, I supposed I shouldn’t be surprised. When that girl put her mind into it, she can charm anyone into doing her biddings. Luna remembered once when the maknae coaxed her into buying an outrageously expensive party dress. She didn’t even like it; it’s just not her style. But the next thing she knew, she was swiping her card at the counter, and signing her name on the tab. Luna didn’t even wore the dress once, Krystal did though, many times. The dress is now safely resting in Krystal’s wardrobe, stamped with her ownership.

                “Well, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.” Luna sighed, shaking her head. “By the way oppa, whose car is this? Did you rent it?”

                “Aniya, it’s mine.”

                “Really?! But it’s…it’s really expensive.” Luna marveled at the fact, looking around the interior. It was an imported car, class A. She knew that some idols are loaded, but man, this is some serious cash.

                “Aniya, it’s affordable. It wasn’t grand or anything.” Onew humbly shrugs away her comment.

                The truth is, Onew was a bit wealthier than your average idol. Since he didn’t spend outrageously (like Taemin did), and he didn’t have expensive taste (like Key did), he saved up a lot of money. After buying a house for his parents and an imported car for his dad, Onew was at lost with what to do with the rest of his wages. His father encourages him to save up his money and invest some by buying properties in prime areas. And it seemed like Onew had luck on his side, since a couple of properties he bought had doubled and even tripled in price. He now owned several properties in Gangnam and Apgujeong, but he didn’t share that, since he’s a humble guy.

                While Luna were mulling over the facts, Onew sneaked a glance at her. She’d took off her cap and let down her hair. She’d changed her hairstyle again, this time back to her natural color, for f(x)’s upcoming comeback. Her black hair is straight, with just a hint of waves at the ends, and a bit longer than he remembered, way past her shoulder. He liked her long haired, it made her look softer, more serene. Of course, he liked her hair with every color and length she’s ever had, but he thought this style suited her best. Natural.

                She looks beautiful.

                “Oppa,” Luna’s melodic voice jerked him out of his mind monologue. Onew twisted his head looked at her. “Yes?”

                “Oppa, where are we going?”

                Onew grinned as he thought about his plan. “We’re going to a pension. It’s…” He hesitated, weighing on whether or not to tell her the truth, after seeing her reaction with the car. “It’s my friend’s. It’s close to the sea.”

                “The sea? Really?” Luna squealed excitedly, clapping her hands like a seal.

                Onew was amused by her reaction. Really, she looked just like a kid like that, clapping her hands and jumping in her seat in excitement.

                “Yeah, we’ll stay there for 3 days and 2 nights.”

                Onew words wiped all of Luna’s eagerness out of the window. She gaped; aghast and worried as she thought about schedules and practices she’ll miss. Wasn’t f(x) supposed to be guest on a talk show the day after tomorrow? Oh , my musical rehearsal is tomorrow! And Onew oppa’s concert is next week!

                “Opp…oppa, we can’t possibly…schedule…concert…practices. I, I… oh God, manager oppa will kill me!” She stuttered, biting her nails.

                Onew laughed out loud, finding usually talkative Luna’s stammering adorable. Luna, annoyed by his insensitivity, whacked him hard on the shoulder, making him flinched in pain.

                “This is no laughing matter oppa!” She huffed, crossing her arms and turning away from Onew.

                 Onew grimaced as he rubbed his sore shoulder. Man, the girl really packs a wallop when she’s mad. He patted her arm absently, placating her.

                “It’s okay, Luna. Don’t worry, I’ve took care of it all. Just trust oppa.”

                “Really?” Luna sneered sarcastically.

                “Really.” Onew grinned at her cynical tone. “I’ve called your manager oppa, told him you’re not feeling well and unable to keep up with your schedule, so I’m sending you back to your hometown before I left for Japan. I also warned him not to call you while you’re there, so as not to disturb your ‘healing’.” He made a quotation mark as he said that.

                “And he believed that? Manager oppa knows that I won’t ever take a leave unless it was unavoidable.” 

                Onew lifted his shoulders in a shrug. “The girls may have played a part in convincing him.”

                “Hmm…” Luna wondered what her members said to convince their manager oppa. He’s not the type to be easily fooled. “Won’t it all be found out if he still calls my home? He’ll do that, I’m sure. My manager oppa is persistent, you know.

                “I know. That’s why I called your mom...” Onew stopped because Luna started to screeched shrilly.

                “What?!”

                “Yeah…” Onew cleared his throat and continued cautiously, “I called your mom and said that I’ll be taking you for a break. But I said that because we didn’t want the reporters to follow you, we told them you’re going home. I then told your mom to tell anyone who called there to say that you’re home, but you can’t answer the phone because you’re resting. And if someone happens to come to your home, she should just turn them away, saying that you needed your rest and shouldn’t be bothered.” Onew finishes his lengthy explanation with a reassuring pat on Luna’s head.

                “But…but, wasn’t my mom worried? After all, it’s only us two, and it’s for 3 days and 2 nights…” She mumbled, embarrassed as she thought what her mom were thinking about her going on a trip with a guy, alone.

                “Wellll…” Onew dragged this out as long as he could, “I didn’t exactly say that we’re going alone…” He muttered under his breath, rubbing the back of his neck uneasily. Before Luna could retaliate, he silenced her with a finger to and hurriedly goes on, “Besides, the girls promised to cover for us if anything went wrong.”

                When Luna pushed away his hand and glared at him, he just smiled weakly. Evidently my brilliant plan did not sit so well with her.

                “Then, what about your concert? Weren’t you supposed to be in Japan right now, preparing for it?” Luna said sulkily, still annoyed over Onew’s manipulation.

                Onew grinned widely at her question. He liked that she’s still worrying for him even when she’s mad at him.

                “Oh, that. I’ve asked manager hyung and the boys to cover for me.”

                “And they agreed to help you, just like that?” She asked in disbelief.

                “I had to pull some strings and made a couple of blackmails.” He shrugged, unconcerned.

                When Luna just gaped at him, shocked by his cavalier attitude, which is so different from his usual demeanor, he sighed.

                “Look, Luna. I rarely make any requests or demands, as I’m pretty much content with whatever I got. But when I want something, really want something; I’ll make sure I get it, no matter what I have to do. The boys knew it; manager hyung did too, so they gave in. I’m tenacious that way.” He snickered a bit at the end, remembering something.

                “And what did you want this time?” Luna felt like she had to ask.

                “You.” He answered bluntly, staring at her intently. Luna in her breath, overwhelmed by his intensity. Then he turned away, facing the road once again, releasing her from his spell. He then continued, “Me.” He paused, “Together taking a break.” He gave her an eye-smile.

                Luna went silence, still perplexed by Onew’s attitude. This was not the Onew she knew and familiar with. The Onew she knew will tease and flirt with her, but he would never be this forward. It’s like this Onew had became braver, bolder even, with no trace of shyness that she usually find endearing.

                Onew notices her silence and inquired, “What are you thinking about?” He glanced at her, curious.

                Luna looked at him and contemplated on whether or not to tell him the truth. She then shrugged and decided to just go ahead with it. Why not?

                “I was wondering if you and the Onew oppa I know is the same person.”

                Onew chuckled at her statement, amused. So, she finally realized it, then?

                “Well, for one thing, I’m not Onew.”

---

A/N: A-yo! it's asarielsims here...

I swear I never intended for this story to be fluffy like this, but hey, I guess my hands got a mind of its own.

I didn't even checked this, so any mistakes or typos, please forgive me~

Not in my best conditions today, so I'm just going to retire early...if i can manage to finished my lab works by today.

Take care, you alll, and have a nice day!

Kamsahamnida~