Two Rooms Or A Room For Two?

Runaway

“Oppa, is there some problem?” Luna inquired curiously, coming up from behind Onew unannounced.

                Not expecting her, Onew jumped in surprise before he managed to gather his wits.

                “Yah! Didn’t I tell you to wait in the car?” His tone was harsher than usual, mostly because he was feeling guilty of having some dirty thoughts about the girl rather than the fact that she ignored his caution.

                Luna pouted, disliking his suddenly strict demeanor. She crossed her arm in irritation. “You’ve been gone for so long, oppa. I got tired of waiting.”

                Onew just sighed at Luna’s defiant act. Then he remembered that they were not alone, and they have an audience. When he turned to address Jongshin, the guy’s expression made him smile in amusement.

                Jongshin seemed to have frozen in place, gaping at Luna in amazement. “Oh my God, sajang-nim! You brought a girl!” He yelled out unthinkingly, flabbergasted since he was clearly expecting the friend Onew was bringing to be a male.

                Luna, finally noticing Jongshin, immediately went to him and bowed in greeting. “Annyeong haseyo! You must be the friend Onew oppa talked about. What’s your name?” She held out a hand, smiling warmly at Jongshin.

                Mesmerized, he took her hand dreamily. “I’m Jongshin…and you are…” His eyes widened with recognition. “Omo, you’re f(x)’s Luna!”

                Luna grinned even wider at his exclamation. “Yes, I’m f(x)’s Luna. But please, just call me Sunyoung. I’m taking a break from being an idol.” She winked at him conspiringly.

                At first, Onew was entertained by their interaction, finding Jongshin’s reaction hilarious. But his amusement gradually died when it occurred to him that the punk was staring at Luna too much, and he was still holding on to her hand.

                When Luna winked – actually winked! – at the starstruck Jongshin, he decided it was time he intervened. Onew smoothly cut in between the two and disengaged their hands before linking his own to Luna’s. Silently he was staking his claim, letting the other guy know that the girl was taken. Back off, Jongshin. She’s mine.

                Luna glanced up at him, a questioning look in her eyes. But he just gave her a tight smile before turning to face Jongshin again, his expression suddenly changing into a colder façade.

                Jongshin was still dazed, since it took him a few seconds to realize that he wasn’t holding Luna’s hand anymore. Then he saw their interlocked hands, and Onew’s murderous glare, and he burst into laughter.

                “Well, I guess it won’t be a problem for you to share a room then, sajang-nim?” Jongshin asked teasingly, raising his brow suggestively.

                “What?!” Luna shrieked and jerked away from Onew’s hold to glare at him. “I thought we would have separate rooms, Jinki!”

                Onew turned anxious and held up his hands, making a calming motion to her.

                “It wasn’t my fault!” He cried out, and then went on to explain about the situation.

                After learning about the real reason, Luna immediately calmed down. She was glad that Onew didn’t have some ulterior motive when he brought her for the trip. She didn’t want him to think she’s easy, or something like that.

                “Ah, is that so? Okay then.”

                Onew was confused by Luna’s easy compliance, when before she looked ready to bludgeon him to death.

                “Is it really okay, Sunyoung? I mean, I can sleep in the living room or something…”

                “Aniya, it’s okay oppa. It wasn’t your fault.” She gave him a sunny smile, which he returned uncertainly.

                Jongshin, who was looking on with interest, suddenly faked a cough to catch their attention.

                “I’m sorry to interrupt, but why don’t we get a move on? I’ll show you to your room.”

                As they followed Jongshin up the stairs, Luna suddenly snapped her fingers and asked, “Ah! I was curious…Why does Jongshin-sshi called you sajang-nim, oppa?”

                “Ah,” Jongshin, who heard the question, started to answer. “That’s because he’s the ow –”

                “It’s just some silly nicknames we had when we’re kids.” Onew cut off Jongshin’s words smoothly.

                “Oh.” Luna nodded. Then she asked another question, this time to Jongshin. “So you’re the owner of this pension, right Jongshin-sshi? It must be hard to manage it.”

                “Aniya. It’s not that hard, I mean there wasn’t a rush or anything. As you can see, this place is not a hotspot with tourists.” Jongshin laughed as he said this, before he added unthinkingly, “But I wasn’t the owner though…”

                Luna looked at him in surprise before turning to stared at Onew, who was fidgeting uncomfortably.

                “But oppa said you’re the owner…”

                “Ah, it’s actually his uncle’s.” Onew interjected quickly, glancing meaningfully at Jongshin, urging him to play along.

                Jongshin saw Onew’s face and understanding immediately dawned to him.

                “Ah, ah that’s right! It’s my uncle’s, but he’s old now so I managed it for him. Since he promised to will it to me, it’s pretty much mine anyway.”

                Hoping to divert Luna’s upcoming questions, Jongshin immediately went ahead and opened a door at the end of the hallway.

                “This is your room. I hope you’ll like it.”

---

A/N: And the drama begins!

Annyeong~