Chapter 25

It's a Secret (Dropped)

--

 

Mr Kim and Yuri walking as fast as they could to the ER. Mr Kang following them shrotly after he parked the car. They could hear their own heartbeat sound. It is frustating for them, not knowing about Sooyeon. When they arrived, they could feel the tense atmosphere surrounding them. Mr Kim walk toward his wife and rubbing her shoulder. Realizing it was her husband, Mrs Kim stand up and hug him. Stephan turn around and saw Yuri near Mr Kim. He walk toward her and gave her a little smile.

 

"How are you?"

 

Yuri gave him a smile and nodded.

 

"I'm good. How's Sooyeon?"

 

Stephan sighed and rubbed his eyes. He shake his head.

 

"We don't know. They only took Taeng into the ER. They need a blood transfution for Sooyeon."

 

Yuri sighed and looking at her feet.

 

"It's my fault isn't?"

 

Stephan gasped softly. He walk toward her and grasped her shoulder softly.

 

"Hey, hey look at me."

 

Yuri lift her head and stare at Stephan's soft orb.

 

"This. This is not your fault. Don't blame yourself okay?"

 

Yuri just stare at his eyes. She could see that he is worried about her. And she could feel the sincerity on his eyes.

 

"I know. But I can't help it you know. Moreover, all of this happened because of my-"

 

Yuri stopped herself. She sighed. Father.. All of this happened because of her father. He did it for his own good. She clenched her fist. If only she knew. If only she knew that all of this would happen. Could she prevent everything if she knew in the first place? She sighed again. Stephan look at her worriedly. He has know idea what kind of conversation do they have back then. But he knew one thing. Whatever conversation they have when they were waiting for Mr Kang, it's bothering her. 

 

Stephan sighed and smile. He patted her head and gave her a thousand watt smile.

 

"Don't worry. Everything would be fine. Don't blame yourself okay?"

 

Yuri nodded. Stephan smile again and take her to the nearest bench.

 

"Now sit, okay? Let's just pray for her."

 

Yuri nodded and closed her eyes. She clasped her hand tightly and praying hard. Stephan smile at her and turn his head toward Mr Kang. The older guys was standing still in the middle of the road. He grab a bottle of water and walk toward him. Mr Kang saw him coming. Stephan passed him the bottle. Mr kang smile at him and took a sip.

 

"Thank you for driving us safely here Mr Kang."

 

Mr Kang just flash him a tired smile. He felt worried too about Sooyeon. But he tried his best to hide it. He turn his head toward Stephan.

 

"Where is Yoong?"

 

Stephan look around. He didn't realize that the younger boy was nowhere to be found.

 

"I.. don't know. But he'll be here soon. I guess."

 

Mr Kang nodded. He take a look at the ER door and back to Stephan.

 

"And Taeng? How is he?"

 

Stephan sighed.

 

"Not good. I think he blamed himself for this."

 

Mr Kang sighed too.

 

"Figures."

 

Both of them engulfed in silence. No one know what were they thinking. They just standing there, looking at the ER door. Suddenly, they heard footsteps. They turn around and found Sooyeon's family. Being the only one who recognized them, Stephan gasped softly and walk toward them. Both Mr and Mrs Jung's face was filled with worry.

 

"Where's our Sooyeon?! How is she?!"

 

Mrs Jung walk toward Stephan and grasped his upper arm.

 

"She's inside. We still don't know but they took Taeng inside without telling us what happened."

 

Mrs Jung sobbed quietly. Mr Jung walk toward his wife and held her. He turn to Stephan.

 

"Why don't you called us? We were so worried when we heard about Sooyeon and went here as fast as we could."

 

Stephan looks guilty. He rubbed his back head awkwardly.

 

"I'm so sorry uncle. We were panicked back then and Taeng was kinda lose it so we need to calm him down. But who contact you uncle?"

 

Mr Jung sighed.

 

"It's Yoong. He told Soojung about this. It's alright. I know he would be really worried. They still inside?"

 

Stephan nodded. They heard another footsteps. Followed by frantic woman who looked just like Sooyeon. She spotted Stephan and grab his collar.

 

"Where's my unnie?! How is she?! She's fine right?! What about my nephews?! Tell me, N.O.W!!"

 

Stephan try to pry her hand off his collar. He hold her hand and rub her back hand softly.

 

"Easy there, Soojung. She inside with Taeng. We still don't know about their condition."

 

Soojung stare at him dejected. She was super worried when her boyfriend told her about her sister. She couldn't think straight and all of the negative thought started to running around her head. She sighed and took her hand off him. Stephan patted her head. And then tears started to fall from her eyes. Stephan sighed.

 

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Just pray for your sister and nephews alright? Go sit in there with your mom."

 

Stephan told her to sit beside Yuri. Soojung wiped her tears and nodded. She user her mother and let her sit first. She bowed at Yuri and the later bowed back. Soojung stare blankly at her front. And then, she just realized they were not alone. There are some unfamiliar faces near the ER room. She tugged Stephan's shirt. Stephan turn his head and look at her, confused.

 

"Oppa, who are they?"

 

Stephan glance at the place where Soojung pointed. He smack his head.  I forgot. He forgot that The Jungs and The Kims haven't officially introduced. Let alone met.  you, Taeng. He cursed his brother on his mind. He took a breath and let it out. He gesture Soojung to wait. Soojung just stare at him. Meaning she was waiting for an answer. Stephan sighed and walk toward The Kims who looking at them. Stephan gave them an awkward smile.

 

"Well, I guess this is the time to formally introduced yourself don't you think?"

 

Mr and Mrs Kim take a look at each other and nodded. Mrs Kim wiped her tears and make herself presentable to her in laws. Mr Kim waiting for his wife before took her hand and walk toward The Jungs, following Stephan. On the other hand, The Jungs was quiet surprised when they saw Stephan walking toward them with the couple. Soojung, Mrs Jung, and Yuri stand up when they near them. Yuri step aside to let the two family facing each other. She walk toward Mr Kang and stand beside him. Mr Kang on the other hand just stare at them calmly. At least he was not involved. Stephan cleared his throat. He took a glance at Mr Kim. Mr Kim nodded at him. Stephan nodded back and stare at The Jungs.

 

"So, aunty, uncle, Soojung.. Eh... this is--"

 

Suddenly there was a loud bang from the ER. All of them turned their head toward the sound. There he was. Taeng. Standing in front of the ER doors with sweat all over his face. He panted. Yoong, who just arrived with his cousin, Seohyun, and Sooyeon's friend, Hyoyeon, was really shocked with Taeng's appearance.

 

"What the hell, Hyung! You scare us!"

 

Taeng panted and lift his head. Tears falling from his face. He smile beamingly

 

"It's Sooyeon!! They found a pulse! She's safe! She's out of danger! She-"

 

And he collapse.

--

 

Fyuh.. Quiet a long chapter this one. And yup. The end is coming... or not? Hehe

 

Enjoy~ Don't forget to leave a comment guys. It pleased me to know how you guys feel after reading this.

 

Thank you for reading. See you on the next chapter! :)