Chapter 13

It's a Secret (Dropped)

--

“Oppa?”

 

Stephan turn his head. Sooyeon look troubled.

 

“Whats wrong Sooyeon?”

 

Sooyeon sigh and her ice cream. Stephan rubbed her shoulder.

 

“Something bothering you?”

 

Sooyeon look at Stephan.

 

“I don’t know oppa..”

 

“Is it about your babies?”

 

Sooyeon shook her head and rubbed her big stomach.

 

“They’re fine. It’s about their father. Taeng seems.. Different.”

 

Stephan raised his eyebrow. He throw his ice cream cup to the nearest garbage and give Sooyeon his full attention.

 

“What's wrong?”

 

Sooyeon nibble her lower lips.

 

“Somethings.. different. Like.. You know Taeng right oppa?”

 

Stephan nodded.

 

“So?”

 

“You know that Taeng will never act emotional whenever he’s drunk right oppa?”

 

Stephan nodded again.

 

“He.. Actually he’s coming home drunk two days ago. And.. he’s crying.. Oppa. He say he miss me. He say to me how much he’s sorry.”

 

Tears start gathered at Sooyeon’s eyes. She’s trying to hold it up.

 

“He promise me that everything would be okay. Everything would be alright. That everything would be better. He want to fix everything. He want to be a good father to our babies.”

 

Sooyeon can’t hold it any longer. She doesn’t care if her make up is ruined by her tears. She doesn’t care. She’s confused. Stephan knows that. He took her hand and rubbed it softly. Sooyoen wiped her tears.

 

“He.. He broke my heart.. With everything he does. He neglecting me. He doesn’t even care about our babies. And suddenly he said that. What am i supposed to do oppa?”

 

Stephan rubbed her back. He hug her and rubbed her back. His brain is in mess.

 

“What the heck are you doing Kim..”

 

--

 

Taeng sip his cofee slowly. he let the hot liquid burn his throat. He look at his watch and sigh. He look outside the window and saw a couple. They look happy, just like what he and Sooyeon used to be. He smile sadly and keep watching the couple. They’re holding hand and look at their left. Taeng followed their gaze and saw a little boy running toward the couple. The man squat down, waiting for his son run into his embrace. He toss his son in the air. Everyone laughing, smiling. Taeng’s heart clenched. He felt something warm on his cheek. He hurriedly wipe it when he realized it was his tears. He sense someone standing beside him so he look up. Yoong gave him sad smile. Taeng just turn his head and watching the happy family outside the window. It brought a smile to him, imagining his own little family. Yoong sigh. Taeng heard it and turn his head.

 

“When will you stop this hyung?”

 

Taeng shrugged and lazily stir his coffe. Yoong clenched his fist.

 

“Damn it hyung! Sooyeon is not the only one who suffered! You’re hurting too! That fckng old man ruined your family! You know that right?!”

 

Taeng just hummed, replying his dongsaeng. Yoong tried to calming down his anger, knowing his hyung is a little bit stubborn, just like him.

 

“Look, hyung. I’m trying to help you. I’m willing to help you. Let me help you hyung. Let me help you to get out from this mess.”

 

Taeng smile a little and tap Yoong’s hand.

 

“I’m fine Yoong. No need to worry.”

 

Yoong slapped Taeng’s hand.

 

“Fine? So getting drunk is fine? Who are you kidding hyung? Me? I know about your condition hyung. And it hurts me watching you suffer alone. Stephan hyung hate you, Sooyeon scared with you. And you said you’re fine?!”

 

Yoong’s eyes got teary. He can’t let Taeng through this alone. He already treat Taeng like his own big brother, just like Taeng treat him like a little brother. He wanted to help him.

 

“Please hyung. Please let me help you.”

 

Taeng smile tiredly and sipped his coffe for the last time. He stand up and patted Yoong’s head. Yoong just watched Taeng get out from the coffe helplessly.

 

“I will help you hyung.”

 

--

 

Taeng walk tiredly to the park near his house. He sit on the nearest bench and slumped down. He closed his eyes and enjoying the night breeze.

 

“Hey.”

 

Taeng’s eyes opened and he turn to the voice.

 

“Stephan?”

 

Stephan nodded and take a sit beside Taeng. Silence engulfed them. Taeng is confused with Stephan sudden appereance and Stephan with his mind occupied with Sooyeon’s confession this afternoon about Taeng. Stephan sigh and closed his eyes. Taeng look at him, confused. Stephan opened his eyes and look at Taeng.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Taeng raised his brow.

 

“Shouldn’t i ask you those question? Why are you here?”

 

Stephan gritted his teeth.

 

“You’re not supposed to be here.”

 

Taeng scoffed.

 

“Not your business.”

 

Stephan glare at Taeng.

 

“You’re supposed to be home! Sooyeon is in your home, alone. What if somehing happened?!”

 

Taeng turned his face.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“You’ve promised. You promised her that you’ll change.”

 

Taeng’s look at Stephan with his eyes widened.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Now it’s Stephan turn to scoffed.

 

“Sooyeon told me. She’s confused. She’s not sure if you meant it or not.”

 

“What..”

 

“You come home with alcohol smell all over your body. You’re supposed to talk nonsense if you’re really drunk. But you’re not. You’re crying like a baby. You said everything will be alright. You said you’re sorry. You said you want to be a better father to your kids.”

 

Every word that comes out from Stephan’s mouth stabbed his heart. Taeng clenched his fist.

 

“Stop it.”

 

“Sooyeon really confused with your behavior these days. She said you’ve changed. Well, i don’t believe her. For me, you still the jerk Kim Taeng that abandoned his wife and his unborn kids.”

 

“I said shut up.”

 

“If you’re a man, keep your fckng word. I know you’re not drunk Taeng. I know you. If you’re just messing up with Sooyeon’s heart, stop it. I will not let you broke her heart, again.”

 

“You know nothing, Hwang.”

 

Stephan scoffed.

 

“I know nothing? I know everything about you! I just don’t understand with the new.. you! What happen with Taeng that i used to know?! He will never broke his princess heart! He will never let anyone hurt his princess! He will not let her princess crying! You’re not Taeng! You broke her heart! You make her cry! You neglect her!”

 

Stephan gripping Taeng’s collar.

 

“What the fck is wrong with you?! Talk to me! You’ve promise you’ll never hurt her you bas***d! Look at her now! What have you done Taeng?!”

 

Taeng shoved Stephan.

 

“I told you, Steph! You know nothing!”

 

“Listen Taeng. i will never, ever let you hurt MY Sooyeon anymore.”

 

Taeng glare at Stephan and gripped his collar.

 

“She’s NOT yours!”

 

“I will make her mine Taeng. You broke your promise to me. You broke her heart. Can’t you see? She still there, waiting for you. No matter how many time you hurt her, she’s still waiting for you. You don’t deserve her. She deserve someone better than you.”

 

Taeng’s gripped on Stephan’s collar is loosened. Taeng slowly let Stephan go and chuckled sadly and grab his hair.

 

“You’re right. i don’t deserve her.”

 

Stephan stand straight and look at his bestfriend. His buddy look, fragile.

 

“Taeng, you okay?”

 

Taeng shake his head.

 

“No.. I’m not okay Steph.”

 

Stephan took a step closer to Taeng.

 

“Like you said, I’ve hurt her. I broke her heart! I broke my promise to you! I broke our sacred promise on our wedding day! I hurt her!”

 

Taeng look up with tears smearing his face.

 

“Ta.. Taeng..?”

 

“I’m a selfish as*h**e! I’m stupid! I screwed up! i’m a mess!”

 

Stephan standing still on his spot, don’t know what to do. He want to go to his buddy but his body don’t want to move. Taeng wipe his tears with his sleeve. He look at Stephan with hurt eyes. Stephan could see it. Somethings bothering his bestfriend but he don’t know what.

 

“But that doesn’t mean i don’t love her! I love her too much! I’m doing this for her! I did this to my family! I’m protecting my family, my wife, my kids, and you!”

 

Stephan is confused right now.

 

“Me? Why me?”

 

Taeng took a step closer to Stephan.

 

“Because i just fckng now that you’re my twins brother! And all of your life is on my hand!”

 

Stephan froze.

 

“W-What..?”

 

--

 

A/N 

 

He he. Next chapter!