Chapter 19

It's a Secret (Dropped)

Double update. Please check the previous chapter :)

 

--

 

Mrs. Kim just arrived at her house. When she stepped inside, she realized it was too quiet.

 

“Jaewoon oppa?”

 

She called her husband but no answer.

 

“Mr. Kang?”

 

No reply. She puts her bag on the sofa and went to Mr. Kim’s reading room.

 

“Oppa? Are you here?”

 

She looks around but no one was there.

 

“Hmm… That’s weird…”

 

Suddenly, she heard a knocked. She turns her head and saw one of the maids in front of the door.

 

“Where is my husband?”

 

The maid bowed.

 

“I’m sorry My Lady, Master Kim and Butler Kang went out right before you arrived here.”

 

“Together? Did they told you where they went?”

 

The maid shakes her head.

 

“I'm sorry My Lady but i'm afraid I don’t know. But they went out hurriedly with Young Master and his friend.”

 

Mrs. Kim gasped.

 

“Young Master? Do you mean my son, Taeng?”

 

The maid nodded her head.

 

“He was here?”

 

“Yes My Lady. He was with Master Kim for 3 hours on his reading room.”

 

Mrs. Kim sighed.

 

“Unbelievable. And no one told me this. Please tell Mr. Lee to get ready.”

 

“Yes My Lady.”

 

The maid bowed and hurriedly went downstairs. Mrs. Kim sat down on her husband’s chair.

 

“Jaewoon oppa and Taeng went out together… Something’s happened. I need to go to Taeng’s house.”

 

With that, Mrs. Kim went downstairs and met her driver and went to Taeng’s house.

 

--

 

“Yoong!”

 

Yoong stop walking when he saw Taeng.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Taeng grab Yoong’s collar and look at him, angry.

 

“Where’s Sooyeon?!”

 

Yoong gulped. Stephan tried to freed Yoong’s from Taeng’s gripped but he’s too strong. He was furious.

 

“I swear hyung. I just went to the kitchen for a second because Sooyeon said she was thirsty. I swear, if I know this would happen, I will never ever leave her alone...”

 

Taeng glare at Yoong. He releases him and start searching the entire house. Stephan helps Yoong to stand up and help Taeng searching for Sooyeon together with Yoong. Mr. Kim and butler Kang finally arrived at Taeng’s home. When Mr. Kim was about to go inside, he saw a pregnant lady sitting alone at the park, not far from their house.

 

“Butler Kang.”

 

Butler Kang turns his head.

 

“Yes Master Kim?”

 

Mr. Kim smile.

 

“Help Stephan and Yoong soothe Taeng.”

 

Butler Kang looks around and spotted the pregnant lady. Butler Kang smile then bowed at his Master before walk to the house. Mr. Kim walk slowly toward the park and make himself comfortable sitting beside the pregnant lady.

 

“Ah… The weather is nice today, isn’t it?”

 

Sooyeon turn her head and saw an old man sitting beside her.

 

“Ah… Yes it is…”

 

Mr. Kim smile and nodded.

 

“Are you here alone?”

 

Sooyeon nodded and look at her hand. Mr. Kim smile again.

 

“Then, do you mind having a little chat with me? I feel lonely.”

 

Sooyeon turns her head to find the old man smiling at her. She too, smile and nodded.

 

“I don’t mind. But ahjussi, I’ve never seen you before around here. Did you just moved here?”

 

“Ah… No. Actually, this is my first time visiting my son who lived here.”

 

“Ah… So, why are you here then? In the park?”

 

Mr. Kim looks around the park and smile.

 

“Hm… No reason. I just want to look around this neighbor.”

 

Sooyeon nodded. Mr. Kim then saw Sooyeon’s bulging stomach.

 

“Oh… You’re pregnant?”

 

Sooyeon blushed and nodded.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Hah… Your parents must be happy.”

 

Sooyeon smile and rubbed her stomach.

 

“They were excited.”

 

“Your in-law must be excited too.”

 

Sooyeon smile sadly.

 

“I hope so…”

 

Mr. Kim turned his head.

 

“You hope so?”

 

Sooyeon nodded and sigh.

 

“Well, I've never met my in-laws before to be honest. I mean, my husband must have told his parents about me. But I don't think I've met them..”

 

“Really? What happen?”

 

Sooyeon is playing with her hand. Mr. Kim smile at her.

 

“Well, my husband said that his parent oppose our marriage. So my husband never really brought me to his parent’s house. And they never showed up at our wedding.”

 

It broke Mr. Kim’s heart when he saw Sooyeon’s sad eyes. He reluctantly patted her head.

 

“Do you want them to be there?”

 

Sooyeon nodded.

 

“I really want to get close with my in-laws. I want to know everything about my husband from them. But, I think they hated me even before we've met.”

 

Mr. Kim gulped.

 

“So, are you…”

 

“Yeobo?”

 

Mr. Kim and Sooyeon turn their head toward the voice. Mr. Kim smile widely.

 

“Aigoo… You found me, Dear.”

 

Mrs. Kim smile.

 

“You always have a soft spot at park. And what did I tell you about leaving without telling me?"

 

Mrs. Kim glared at her husband. Mr. Kim smile sheepishly. Mrs. Kim then turn her focus on the pregnant lady beside her husband.

 

"Omo… Who is this beautiful young lady?”

 

Sooyeon blushed and stand up. She bowed at the older woman.

 

“Good afternoon.”

 

Mrs. Kim smile gently and caress Sooyeon’s face.

 

“Aigoo… You’re so beautiful. What is your name? Did this old man disturbing you?”

 

Sooyeon smiled.

 

“My name is Kim Sooyeon. No, not at all. We were just having a fun conversation. Please join us if you want.”

 

Mrs. Kim smile and lead Sooyeon to sit on the bench again with her. Mr. Kim gave his spot to his wife so now he is standing next to his wife.

 

“So, what are you guys talking about?”

 

Mr. Kim smile.

 

“Miss Sooyeon here has never met her in-laws. She said they oppose her marriage.”

 

Mrs. Kim taken aback hearing that.

 

“O-Omo… What kind of parents they are.”

 

Sooyeon smile sadly. Mrs. Kim look at her husband. Mr. Kim nodded.

 

“Sooyeon dear, May I ask you a question?"

 

Sooyeon nodded. Mr. Kim give his wife a pat on her shoulder. Mrs. Kim hold her husband's hand on her shoulder.

 

"I know this must be a sensitive topic for you but.. Do you… Hate your in-laws?”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim stare at Sooyeon. They were afraid, yet curious about her answer. Sooyeon just give them a reassuring smile.

 

“No. Never. How can I hate them? They gave me the most precious man in this world. I’m the one who feel bad to them for taking away their son though.”

 

Mrs. Kim’s eyes get watery. She just pulls Sooyeon into her embrace. Sooyeon look at Mr. Kim confused. Mr. Kim just smile at her. She smiled back and hugs Mrs. Kim back. When she was about to open , she heard her husband's voice.

 

“Sooyeon!!”

 

They turn their head and found Taeng running towards them. He stop in front of them and take a deep breath.

 

“Oh my god Sooyeon!!”

 

They saw Yoong, together with Stephan and Butler Kang running toward them as well.

 

“Aigoo Kim Sooyeon! Thank god we found you! Why did you left the house without telling me? Your husband were this close to become a murderer when he found out that you’re missing! I’m so worried about you! I thought… Omo! Uncle Kim? Aunt Kim? What are you guys doing here?”

 

Mr and Mrs Kim Smile at the newcomers.

 

“Ah… It’s been awhile Yoong.”

 

“So that’s why Butler Kang was here. Wait, so you guys were here with Sooyeon all this time? Why didn't you tell us? Taeng hyung almost kill me!”

 

All of them giggled, leaving one person just looks at them, dumbfounded.

 

“Uncle and Aunt… Kim?”

 

All of them turn their head toward Sooyeon. Taeng look at her worriedly.

 

“So… You guys are… Taeng oppa's… Parents?”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim look at each other worriedly. Mrs. Kim walks toward Sooyeon.

 

“Yes sweety… We are… Taeng parents. We’re so sorry for…”

 

Sooyeon lunged at Mrs. Kim and hugged her tightly. Mrs. Kim sighed happily and hugged her daughter-in-law. Mr. Kim too, embrace the tow of them. Taeng, Stephan and Yoong look at each other and smile. Butler Kang left the scene with a smile and went back to Taeng’s house, preparing a tea for everyone. When his parents and wife hug each other, Taeng heard someon getting closer to them. He turns his head and he cna't contain his surprise. Stephan saw Taeng's reaction and turns his head as well. And boy, he was so shocked.

 

“Well well… What a warm reunion.”

 

Mr. Kim look past Taeng and his eyes darkened. He took step in front of his wife and his daughter-in-law, protecting them. Taeng growled.

 

“You…”

 

The newcomer ignored Taeng and look at Mr. Kim with a smirk.

 

“How are you, my dear best friend?”

 

Mr. Kim snorted.

 

“Good to see you, Kwon.”

 

Mr. Kwon smirked. Stephan, Taeng, and Yoong’s eyes widened when they saw a person behind Mr. Kwon, looking at them, especially Taeng with a hurtful eyes. Sooyeon try to look at the situation in front of her until her vision land to one person that looks familiar.

 

“… Yuri unnie?”

 

--