Chapter 10

It's a Secret (Dropped)

-Present Time-

 

“Where have you been?”

 

Taeng turn his head after he close the door. Judging by her face, Sooyeon just wake up. For him, Sooyeon look really beautiful in the morning. He really want to give her morning kiss like he used to do, but he couldn’t. He put on his cold mask.

 

“... None of your business.”

 

He could hear a soft sigh escape from Sooyeon’s lips. It really broke his heart. He really wants to break through from this situation. But he couldn’t. Unless he makes Yuri remember her past again. He never feels angry for Yuri. It’s not even her fault that she loved him.

 

“Do you want to have a breakfast?”

 

“.... I want to sleep.”

 

“Okay..”

 

With that, he close his bedroom door. He sigh and ruffled his hair. He feel desperate. A single tear escaped from his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry..”

 

He always repeats that word every single time before he fall asleep. Every single night, he always sleep because of crying too much. Soon, his eyes closed. Hoping that when he opened his eyes, it was only a dream, a nightmare.

 

--

 

“Sunny unnie!”

 

“Sooyeon!”

 

“Soonkyu!”

 

The two women laugh at the man’s antics. Sunny and Sooyeon sit together while Soonkyu sit in front of them.

 

“How are you Sooyeon?”

 

“Your stomach quite big now.”

 

Sooyeon blush and nodded. The twins hi-five each other.

 

“I’m fine. Yeah, it’s quite big because we’re having a twins.”

 

Soonkyu and Sunny look at each other with wide eyes.

 

“REALLY?!”

 

Sooyeon smile and nodded. Sunny squealed. Soonkyu speechless.

 

“I’m going to be an auntie for twins!”

 

“How could Taeng do that?”

 

Sooyeon blushed again. She and Sunny hit Soonkyu’s head.

 

“Yah! What was that for?!”

 

“ert!”

 

Sooyeon laugh when she saw the twins bickering. She can’t wait for her twins and play with them. But her smile turn into a frown. What if Taeng still act like this when the twins born? Is he going to abandoned his own kids? What would she do if he keep act like this? What if—

 

“Sooyeon?”

 

Sooyeon snapped out from her thought and turn her head. Sunny and Soonkyu was looking at her.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Sooyeon smile and nodded.

 

“I’m fine unnie, oppa.”

 

The waitress come with their food. They eat happily while catching up with their personal life. Sooyeon look out from the window and saw familiar person.

 

“Isn’t that Yuri unnie?”

 

Soonkyu and Sunny turn their head and saw her too.

 

“I guess it’s her.”

 

“Wow she’s pretty.”

 

Sunny hit Soonkyu’s head. Sooyeon just smile at them and stand up.

 

“I’m going to greet her okay?”

 

Sunny and Soonkyu nodded and continue to eat. Sooyeon stand up and walk out from the restaurant. She look around and spotted Yuri.

 

“Yuri unnie!”

 

Yuri turned her head when she heard someone called her name.

 

“Unnie!”

 

She saw a beautiful woman with a bump on her stomach.

 

“Yes?”

 

"How are you unnie?"

 

Yuri looked at her weirdly.

 

“It’s me unnie. Sooyeon.”

 

Sooyeon smile. Yuri tilted her head.

 

“Sooyeon?”

 

“Yes. How are you unnie? I’ve never heard about you since the party.”

 

Yuri furrowed her brows and hold her head. My head... She quickly regained her composure.

 

“I’m sorry. But i don’t know you.”

 

Sooyeon’s smile faded.

 

“W-what? Unnie you okay?”

 

“I’m sorry. I should go. Have a good day.”

 

Yuri smile and left. Sooyeon stay on her spot.

 

“She don’t know.. Me?”

 

With that, she turn her body and walk toward the restaurant again. Sunny and Soonkyu look at her.

 

“Well?”

 

“Where’s Yuri? I thought you’ll invite her here.”

 

Sooyeon sit down and sip her drink. She looked lost.

 

“I’m about to invite her here, but..”

 

Sooyeon keep silent. Sunny and Soonkyu look at her, worried.

 

“Sooyeon?”

 

“You okay?”

 

Sooyeon look up and smile.

 

“I’m fine. It’s just that.. Yuri unnie said that she doesn’t know me.”

 

“What?”

 

“She didn't know you?”

 

Sooyeon nodded. Sunny and Soonkyu look at each other.

 

“How is that possible?”

 

“She’s invited right? To your wedding?”

 

Sooyeon nodded.

 

“She was there. I saw her and have a little chat with her. But she left early, i guess.”

 

Sunny and Soonkyu looked at each other.

 

“Well.. That’s weird.”

 

Sooyeon sigh.

 

“I know..”

 

--

 

“Yuri?”

 

Sooyeon nodded and chop the carrots. She’s preparing dinner for Taeng. Stephan sipped his coffee.

 

“Who is she?”

 

“Taeng Oppa’s classmate in high school. Isn't she your classmate too Oppa?”

 

“Mm.. Don't really remember. So, whats up with her?”

 

“Well, i’m quite close with her, i guess. She’s actually coming to my wedding party.”

 

Stephan hummed. He watch Sooyeon putting the vegetables to a pot.

 

“And? Why you look.. Down?”

 

Sooyeon sigh. She put down her knife and turn her body, facing Stephan.

 

“I..  Actually not really sure if it was her.”

 

Stephan furrowed his brow.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“She.. Said that she doesn’t know.. me?”

 

Stephan put his mug on the counter. Yuri? Is she the same person?

 

“She doesn’t know you? But i thought you said..”

 

“I know. That’s why.. I... Never mind..”

 

Sooyeon closed the lid and walk to Stephan. She sit beside him.

 

“She hold her head like she’s in pain when she say my name.”

 

Stephan just sit quietly, waiting for her to continue.

 

“I’m afraid somethings happen to her oppa. I’ve never heard about her right after my wedding party. It’s just like, she’s vanished.”

 

“Have you tried contacting her?”

 

“I did. But her phone can't be reached. I once try to find her house with you, remember?”

 

Stephan tilted his head and furrowed his brows. This action made Sooyeon giggle and pinch his cheek softly.

 

“Really? When?”

 

“I think.. 3 weeks after my wedding? I don't really remember..”

 

“But wait a minute, how come i’ve never heard about her before? Me and Taeng was in the same class too, most of them.”

 

“But you and Taeng have a different class for Biology remember?”

 

Stephan nodded and sip his coffee again.

 

“So that’s why i’ve never heard about her.”

 

Sooyeon nodded and walk to the kitchen again, checking her food. Stephan look at the clock on the kitchen.

 

“Well, i guess i’ll be going now. See you tomorrow Sooyeon.”

 

Stephan put the mug on the faucet and kiss Sooyeon’s forehead. Sooyeon smile and wave at him. After Stephan close the main door, she went back to the kitchen and stir her soup. Suddenly, pairs of hand wrapped around her waist. She’s almost screaming when she heard the voice.

 

“You’re so beautiful..”

 

Slowly, Sooyeon turn her head and relieved when she saw her husband.

 

“T-Taeng oppa.. What are you doing?”

 

She’s trying to remove his hand from her waist but Taeng keep holding her, tightly.

 

“I.. I miss you.”

 

Her heart melts when she heard his word. She  his hand softly.

 

“I.. Miss you too.”

 

She felt something wet around her shoulder. She rubbed Taeng’s face and realized it was Taeng’s tears. He’s crying on her shoulder.

 

“Taeng? Why are you crying?”

 

She felt his grip tighten. Her shirt soaked with her husband tears but she doesn’t mind. She keeps rubbing his hand softly.

 

“I... I’m so sorry Sooyeon. For everything i’ve done to you.”

 

“Shh.. It’s ok—“

 

“No it’s not! Please don’t say it’s fine. Please.. It hurts me. I’m hurting you... I’m so sorry..”

 

Sooyeon keep silent and just let him hold her. She’s confused. Why is her husband acting like that?

 

“Please.. Please bear with me a little more. I promised everything will be better..”

 

She just nodded and let him kiss her exposed shoulder. Taeng rubbed her stomach softly.

 

“I promised i’ll be a good father for them. I’ll fix everything.”

 

Taeng keep whispering sweet words to Sooyeon until she noticed she could smell an alcohol from her husband.

 

“Taeng.. You’re drunk.. Please, don’t make any promise if you couldn’t keep it.”

 

Sooyeon is trying hard not to cry. She just realized that her husband maybe become this sweet because he’s drunk. Little did she know, Taeng is sober.

 

“I promise, everything will be alright. Please bear with it for a little while.”

 

A single tear dropped from Sooyeon’s eyes. She don’t know what to do. She was sure that her husband is drunk, but she hopes everything her husband told her is real.

 

“I hope you keep your promise..”

 

--

 

A/N

 

Go Go To the next chapter!