Chapter 21

It's a Secret (Dropped)

--

 

The doctor rushes toward Sooyeon when they just arrived at the nearest hospital. The nurse helped Taeng transfer his wife into the stretchers and moved her into the ER. Taeng stay beside his wife, followed by Stephan and Yoong. When they arrived, they were asked to stepped aside and wait outside. When he can't see his wife, Taeng's leg suddenly lost its strength to stand. Fortunately, Stephan and Yoong was there with him so they catch him before he falls. They walked him to the nearest bench and let him sit in there. Not long after Sooyeon was brought into the ER, Mrs Kim arrived. She arrived a bit late because Mr Kang has to brought Sooyeon and the others first. Mrs Kim rushed toward her son and hug him.

 

"Let it out my child. You can cry."

 

Taeng hug his mother tightly and cry. He was trying to hold back his tears but when his mother hug him, he can't hold it anymore.

 

"Shh.. She's going to be okay. You have to believe in her."

 

Taeng nodded and hold his mother. Stephan just patted his shoulder, just to let Taeng know that he will be there for him. Meanwhile, Yoong look around and realized someone is missing.

 

"I'm sorry to interupt you hyung and please don't kill me, but aunty, where's uncle?"

 

Taeng lift his head and scan his surrounding. He too, just realized that his father is nowhere to be found. Taeng sniffed and look at his mother.

 

"Mom?"

 

Mrs Kim just smile and brush Taeng's hair.

 

"Don't worry. He'll be here. He need to talk about something with his.. friend."

 

Taeng nodded. He just hope that his father is fine.

 

--

 

"So.."

 

Mr Kwon flinched. He felt a glare but didn't dare to look up. Mr Kim sighed and glance at Yuri. He smile.

 

"How are you, dear?"

 

Yuri look at Mr Kim and gave him a little smile.

 

"I can't say I'm good at this moment uncle. But I'm fine. I'm.. relieved."

 

She glance at her father and squeeze his shoulder.

 

"Father.. please. Stop this. Stop all this rubbish. You can't keep--"

 

Mr Kwon slapped her hand and glare at her. Mr Kim unconciously grab Yuri and held her behind him. He was trying to protect Yuri.

 

"Rubbish? You called this rubbish?! What do you know about all of this?!!"

 

Mr Kwon breathe harder.

 

"You have no idea what I've been through! You have no rights to call this rubbish! You should've help me! I'm you father, not him!"

 

Mr Kim keep silent. He knew the truth but he can't possibly say it out loud that Yuri IS his biological daughter. On the other hand, Yuri feel guilty. She knew that her father is suffering but sometimes, she just hate how her father handle the situation.

 

"But daddy, you can't keep doing this. Look at Sooyeon! She's innocent. And you hurt her.."

 

Mr Kwon spat.

 

"She ruined my plan! You were supposed to be Taeng's wife, not her! You were supposed to be a part of the Kim so I can continue my pla-"

 

All of them fell silent. Mr Kwon just realized his own mistake. He gulped hard and trying to take a look at his daughter. But Yuri is nowhere to see. She was hiding behind Mr Kim and trying to hold her tears. I knew it. She always know that her father's action was just an act. But she always trying ignore the truth. That's how desperate she is to get her father's attention. Mr Kim sigh and look at his friend.

 

"Look, I don't know why are you so obsessed with me and my family. I honestly have no idea why do you want to get revenge on me. But please, you're hurting your own daughter. Look around you. How many people you've hurt."

 

Mr Kwon stay silent. His stare at his own feet. He felt angry, yet guilty. But he can't contain his anger toward his 'friend'.

 

"Listen Seunggi, I want the old you. We used to be best friend, don't you remember? Why are you being like this?"

 

Mr Kim sighed. He felt bad toward his friend. And he genuinely wanted his old friend back. Mr Kwon lifted his head. He stare at Mr Kim blankly and smirked.

 

"Pfft. Friend?"

 

He walk toward Mr Kim and stare at his eyes.

 

"Then tell my, why did you betrayed me in the first place?"

 

Mr Kim look at him doubtfully. He seriously have no idea what his friend's talking about. Mr Kwon laugh histerically.

 

"Don't you play dumb on me, Jiwoong! I know everything!!"

 

Mr Kim's heart start beating fast. His pupil is moving fast, trying to see what his friend implying. Even Yuri, who was hiding behind him, look at him worriedly.

 

"W-what do you mean..?"

 

Mr Kwon laugh so heard and held his own head. He found this situation is amusing.

 

"Oh come on Kim. Stop playing dumb. Do you think I don't know that you have a thing with my late wife?!"

 

Yuri was shocked. Her mother was an elegant and gentle mother. How can her mother having another relationship behind her father's back. Moreover, she was cheating with her father's best friend. She try to look at Mr Kim. He was a good man. She thought that he was a man who place his own family on top of everything. She tried to look at her father. Her dad. How hurt he must be when he found out.

 

"You were wrong."

 

Mr Kim say calmly. Mr Kwon glare at him.

 

"No Kim. I'm not."

 

Mr Kim sighed. He really don't want to reveal his secret like this. He don't want to hurt his best friend. And most certainly, he must have thought about his late lover. I'm sorry, Jin Ah..

 

"You were wrong, Kwon."

 

Mr Kwon stay still.

 

"I'm not the one who took her away. It was.. the opposite."

 

Mr Kwon look at him clamly. He have a very different reaction with his daughter. Now Yuri doesn't even know which one of the two man who's telling the truth.

 

"Yeah. I know. I was the one who took Jin Ah from you. But look at your situation! You were married! And moreover.."

 

Mr Kwon took a glance at his daughter. Yuri saw her father was looking at her. He have a little smile on him. Mr Kim saw where he was looking and desperately shake his head. He was trying to protect their family. Please don't be stupid, Seunggi. Mr Kwon sighed.

 

"And moreover.. I know.. That..."

 

"No. Kwon. Don't say that. Please."

 

Mr Kwon smile sadly and stare at his friend's face.

 

"I'm sorry, I have to."

 

He take a look at his daughter face once again.

 

"I know that Yuri is not my biological daughter."

 

Yuri's heart just stopped.

 

--